Stadium Renovation renderings

Punch

Oh I have no problem with that. It's us paying for them to do it that I have a problem with.

I can understand that. I guess I just see it as a part of improving the experience. When i went to Lambeau a couple years ago, i was really impressed with the store there and would love to see the same type of model used at the Ralph. Heck, i would have left with bagfulls of merchandise if I were a Packer fan. And it does kind of go back to the people in the way of more employment and state tax revenue.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, everyone does know that these are just renderings, right? Don't take them for gospel, they're just how things are supposed to / could eventually look...

No, you hush! We're gonna rage! If you can't get on the bandwagon to trash every single thing the Bills do then get out!

Oh I have no problem with that. It's us paying for them to do it that I have a problem with.

This made me laugh. Whether you buy a shirt in the team store or a ticket to the game, the non-structural repair improvements are going to improve the fan experience. Better store = more product sold. It's no different than better concessions to sell more food/beer , better seats to sell more tickets or anything else that's planned to sell more tickets. Why pick on just the store?

You know what's missing, a good spot to display the Lombardi trophy!

kj

And they would need that why?

A better use for that space would be......... O.J. - cam.

Could even make it a revenue generator to help pay for improvements. Or better still, all proceeds go to battle domestic abuse.

The idea: put a dollar in and get 3 minutes of watching O.J. live in prison and see how he makes the most of his Sunday afternoons. For $2 bucks, it's a 2-way camera and he gets to see how much fun you're having as a free man!

Hell, I'd spend a couple a bucks for that!

Edited by SouthernMan

This made me laugh. Whether you buy a shirt in the team store or a ticket to the game, the non-structural repair improvements are going to improve the fan experience. Better store = more product sold. It's no different than better concessions to sell more food/beer , better seats to sell more tickets or anything else that's planned to sell more tickets. Why pick on just the store?

Fair enough, but better team store is at the bottom of the list of the things you mentioned that will improve the gameday experience and sell more tickets. Bigger and better concessions, bigger and better bathrooms, flat screens all over the concourse and in bathrooms so you don't miss any of game, history of the Bills exhibit would be cool, more kid friendly stuff (i.e. NFL experience type stuff). Better team store is a part of that, but I guess if I just negotiated public money for stadium improvements, I wouldn't include renderings of a shiny new team store if I was only releasing 5 pictures.

Edited by BuffaloRebound

Better store = more product sold.

Fair enough, but better team store is at the bottom of the list of the things you mentioned that will improve the gameday experience and sell more tickets.

I'm gonna agree with BATL. As it is now, the current store is so crowded on game day that I avoid going in, unless I know what I want and where it is in the store. There's no way I want to browse in the current store. Even a few years ago when they slapped on that outdoor tent to expand the stuff sold was laughable. I look forward to a greatly expanded store, whether it is in it's current location or a new location.

I remember seeing a special on KC's stadium renovations. Would love to seem them do something similar

http://www.kcchiefs....83-d91cfbcdfacd

Well, KC's stadium renovations cost over $375M and were intended to keep their facilities viable for the next 20+ years. Our renovation is more of a band-aid to get us through the next 7-10 years (a much needed band-aid I might add, and I'm not talking about the store).

Edited by QCity

Scott Radecic works for Populous?? That's wild:

John Murphy@JohnMurphyShow

An in-depth explanaton of #Bills stadium renovation plans with Scott Radecic of @Populous tonight at 8pm

So did anyone listen? Some details given.

http://audio.wgr550....john-murphy.htm

-Big atrium between scoreboard and Abbot Rd. Will hold giant team store and Bills Hall of Fame.

-New Jumbotrons at tunnel end. Upgrade all TVs to HD and have them everywhere, even at the gates.

-Gut the first floor of the admin building and create an open concession/rest room area.

-Improve all bathrooms and concessions throughout.

-Some kind of concourse expansion. No details though.

-First phase: structural & safety stuff, not much will change year 1.

-Second phase: major part of the work, as much as they can get done in one off-season.

-Third phase: everything else gets done by 2015 season.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/196537/37/County-Legislators-Tour-Stadium-With-Former-Bill

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Here's my first thought after reading just the snippet of the Buffalo News article on TBD :

Visions emerge of upgrades to Ralph Wilson Stadium

'“We want it to glow and light up at night,” said architect Scott Radecic, a former Bills linebacker who is now senior principal at Populous. “We want it to be a beacon along Abbott Road. We want people to know and to be obvious about what it is. We want to reinforce the Bills brand when people are passing by the stadium.”'

So that thought would be: " this SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE A LONG TIME AGO ". And then pondering the reasons why, i suppose.

Edited by Yonder_d7

Here's my first thought after reading just the snippet of the Buffalo News article on TBD :

Visions emerge of upgrades to Ralph Wilson Stadium

'“We want it to glow and light up at night,” said architect Scott Radecic, a former Bills linebacker who is now senior principal at Populous. “We want it to be a beacon along Abbott Road. We want people to know and to be obvious about what it is. We want to reinforce the Bills brand when people are passing by the stadium.”'

So that thought would be: " this SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE A LONG TIME AGO ". And then pondering the reasons why, i suppose.

Russ is cheap. Actually Radecic said this process began in 2011, so Russ must have been moving things along while Ralph was involved. That interview with Murph was taped so no callers. I wanted to know if they were going to create some development that would be open year round, like a sports bar, in that atrium. I guess the Bills store and hall of fame would be. I just see what Patriot Place has become in new England and ask why the Bills don't try to make a mini version of that?

PTR