Kiper Mock 1.0 is out

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. The NFL is full of tiny players. :doh: The Alabama game wasn't just a red flag. It was massive fireworks display of red. T'eo wasn't just outplayed, he looked like he didn't even belong on the field.

PTR

agree......times 2 with both of your posts........might as well get Maybin in FA. Teo looks like a 2nd rounder to me at best.

If we want an overrated, undersized LB we could just resign Aaron Maybin.

PTR

I don't want Teo in Rd 1, too me he's just not an explosive enough LB but he is definetly not undersized. Pretty sure he played around 260 as a JR and dropped a little weight prior to this last season.

Edited by Stl Bills

How about Ogletree or J. Jones? I think I'd rather have either one of them at LB than Te'o at this point

I know Jones is more of a 3-4 LB and fits that scheme a little bit better. The Bills need a stout smart middle LB. Im not sure if Teo is the guys(im a huge ND fan) but I dont think this pick would hurt them

PTR

I'm sure his posted #s aren't 100% accurate but how big do you want your LBs to be? If he's listed at 255 can you safely say he's 245? I've got no opinion on this guy because I only saw him play in 1 game and it was a stinker. I'll let y'all tell me what to think.

I'd gladly take him at that pick.

But I have a nagging feeling we'll make a stretch for a QB... Nassib specifically (even though he's projected MUCH later)

Nassib is projected as an early 2nd by most, some have him slipping into the first. It's a reach but "MUCH later" is as well.

Not. Going. To. Happen.

I'd gladly take him at that pick.

But I have a nagging feeling we'll make a stretch for a QB... Nassib specifically (even though he's projected MUCH later)

ARRRRRGGGGGHHH. There is no such thing as a "stretch" for a QB in the first round if your decision makers believe you have found a guy to lead your team for the next ten years. And Nassib is WAY too obvious.

I don't think Ogletree will go anywhere near the top 10. Probably towards the end of the 1st/beginning of the 2nd. He's still a bit of a project.

Those projections don't sway me one bit. The only thing I know is this kid plays sideline to sideline. Always around the ball. That's what this defense needs more than anything else.

I watched a few ND games during the season and thought Te'o played well but in the biggest game of the season, perhaps in his life I expect, he was a non-factor. You can say the entire ND team got pushed around pretty well but that performance has got to raise some questions. I think the pre-draft combine is going to help settle the discussion around Te'o or Jones or Ogletree. But right now all things considered I would say 'pass' on Te'o.

I am not sure about 'reaching' for a QB at #8. How many teams are targeting a QB in round 1? 2 or 3 maybe? Not sure but you might be better off gambling a bit and taking the 'value 1st, need 2nd' route with an impact guy at another position in round 1 and then find your guy is still out there when you pick in the 2nd round. Trading down is always something to consider but easier said than done since you need to find a partner willing to part with additional picks for moving up to get a guy they really want.

PTR

I dont disagree. However, I must also point out that I made the same argument (for 10s of pages) about Von Miller a couple years ago. Plays small, can only speed rush, looks like another Maybin. Boy, he sure showed me.

Major differences though in that Miller is a 34 Rush OLB, and Teo will be a MLB. I dont think Teo is stout enough to thump in the middle consistently.

I think I say this in every Teo discussion, but I wonder if we could convert him to OLB?

No thanks to Teo, especially at #8 overall.

Can someone with ESPN Insider post the first 8 picks? I just want to see who he has available at 8...

Top 10:

1. Luke Joeckel

2. Damontre Moore

3. Star Lotulelei

4. Dee Milliner

5. Jarvis Jones

6. Bjoern Werner

7. Chance Warmack

8. Manti Te'o

9. Barkevious Mingo

10. Dion Jordan

I am not sure about 'reaching' for a QB at #8. How many teams are targeting a QB in round 1? 2 or 3 maybe?

Hence the possible "urgency" of the new staff to get who we believe is "their guy" early. In the second round, QB-needy teams drafting in front of us include:

1. Jaguars
  2. Chiefs
  3. Browns (maybe)
  4. Cardinals
  5. Jets
  6. Titans

Trading down is always something to consider but easier said than done since you need to find a partner willing to part with additional picks for moving up to get a guy they really want.

Agreed. Competent GMs consider any and all options. Contrary to others here, I doubt Nix will have much control over the draft, regardless of what the Bills brass says publicy. But on the off chance he does, there's no way we do this even if we get an offer that makes sense.

BA

Edited by Bud Adams