David Lee to be Jets QB Coach? (now official)

ChasBB

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dave Lee hate on TSW is somewhat amusing. A year ago, his hiring by the Bills was viewed in the brightest of lights right here--in fact, people were even lauding his experience with the wildcat, for crissakes!

Some weren't fooled by another bad Buddy hire...

The Dave Lee hate on TSW is somewhat amusing. A year ago, his hiring by the Bills was viewed in the brightest of lights right here--in fact, people were even lauding his experience with the wildcat, for crissakes!

Although we can't be sure if his "coaching" made Fitz worse (i.e. in 2011 he was slingin the ball ok and the offense was up tempo at least for the first half as compared to 2012 where Fitz was erratic after the much heralded crash course on throwing mechanics) I always wondered why we brought in the developer of the Wildcat when it was already on the decline as a "cutesy" change up scheme. That is one of the reasons I am excited about Marrone. I think he will stick with the basics and DEMAND perfect execution. Nothing I would like better than to see our O Line kick the D Line's ass on every series by running the ball with perfect execution (sweeps, counters, dives, etc). We have two great horses in the barn (CJ and Fred X), Marrone will use them.

Lee getting passed around the AFCE like a Phi sig sig at Theta Delt.

LOL...like Beerball stated above, it seems Rex wants some inside info on our offense....well our offense will completely change this off season whereas the Jets D is pretty consistent (thank you Pettine). We won that "coaching trade" competition.

He did a fine job with Fitz. It's only right to allow him to work wonders with our downstate brethren.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1243721

Awesome, having screwed up Fitz, I'm sure he'll do wonders for Sanchize

More of sexy rexy trying dumb things to help his over hyped team along. Tony Sparano last year. They are a joke.

Except the joke was on us at the start of the season.

When you're right, you're right. While some were more ebullient than others, I think we can safely say that was a failed experiment.