Brad Sorensen - QB - Southern Utah University.

MClem06

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jORMM1DxVPs

Now i know that every QB has a highlight reel. Heck we could make one for Fitzy that would make him look like a starter for any team. But I will let you be the judge on this kid's arm and accuracy. 68% completion pct. in 2011. When i watched this video the thing that struck me the most was how effortless the long ball looks to be for him. It's just a flick of the wrist and the ball travels 30-40 yds in the air . I wouldn't mind waiting to later rounds on this kid if they don't jump all over Nassib in the 1,2 pick. My preferred draft order would be CB, LB, QB, QB, LB, OG.

Did you see two QB's in that draft order? Hell yes you did. I love that Washington picked two. I think it's a smart move. Especially with this weak crop coming out of college, at least you get two in and see what each has in them for potential. With two QB's you can see how fast each soaks up the playbook, gets along with the team and makes more moves to succeed at this level. Give them minimal rookie contracts so that there isn't a ton of money invested and you trade or cut the loser of the competition. Look at The Redskins, they have RG3 and a guy they have put in enough games that people are willing to give them back their 2nd round if they shop him.

Anyways back to my original rant, what are your thoughts on Sorensen if he's available in the 3rd or 4th round?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, yes Sorensen is 1 trick shot video short but I still think that if we take 2 QB's this draft he should be on the list. Not my first choice but for a later round pick look at the kid's size and measurables and he looks to be pretty comfortable in the pocket granted its against college players.

For those of you who wonder what happenned to Alex Tanney after he left Buffalo, He signed with KC and they played him for 2 plays in the preseason. 1st play he was sacked. Second Play he completed a 35 yard pass which was called back for holding. A little VH1 where are they now moment for you.

This guy has some bad looking games also on youtube. I like him in the later rounds as a project. Their was some hype around him after last season and he had kind of down year. I agree in drafting 2 QBs this year, I just don't know if i'd do a 1st rounder and a 4th rounder. There are going to be some pretty good defensive prospects and stud OL available with our 8th pick this year.

There are only 2 QBs who really "look the part" to me in this year's draft (that I have seen anyway):

Zac Dysert - I like this guy a lot and he is definitely on Whaley's radar as he mentioned him in an interview

Matt Barkley - I like his smarts and leadership, reminds me of a Andy Dalton/Kirk Cousins type when they were coming out. He was hurt a lot this year and he didn't impress but he would have been a top 5 pick the year before. Also, his surrounding talent is not as good as people make it out to be. Its a risky pick, but he could very well be the best QB in this draft.

NIce looking prospect. Wow pass at 3:51. in the endzone, bad snap, throws to the left a 15 yard out pattern from the right hash mark.

I was going to point out same throw. It'd take Fitz 2 throws to get it that far. The highlights show a lot of fades and rainbows, but he can drill the deep out. Who knows, but he has some skills.

And if I see one more post suggesting we draft a CB, my head will either explode or implode, I'm not sure. The Bills have drafted about 10-15 CBs in the 1st four rounds over the past 5 years, have no pass rush and no LBs who can cover and wonder why these 15 CBs underperform. Draft front to back and inside out.

I like a bunch of QB's in this draft, but I trust Nix and Whaley, Marrone, and co. know what they're doing and will see better than I which ones are NFL caliber, and a good fit. Looks like that kids throws were a bit slow, kind of lofting as opposed to say, ''on a rope''. If I'm wrong about, or if its fixable, then otherwise he demonstrated he's capable of making NFL type throws as far as distance and route. I'd like to see 2 QB's in the first 4 rounds, as well. I envision us finally having not just one quality QB, but 3 QB's on the roster who've got skills. Imagine that - we pick up Alex Smith, draft someone in the first 2 rounds - maybe a Glennon or Nassib, Bray or Wilson. Then grab another guy like Manuel or Dysert in rd 3 or 4. Go forward with 3 QB's all potentially capable of playing well if called upon.

Our offense could be exciting AND consistent. Add a nasty defense, and we're a new and exciting Buffalo Bills team.

I like a bunch of QB's in this draft, but I trust Nix and Whaley, Marrone, and co. know what they're doing and will see better than I which ones are NFL caliber, and a good fit. Looks like that kids throws were a bit slow, kind of lofting as opposed to say, ''on a rope''. If I'm wrong about, or if its fixable, then otherwise he demonstrated he's capable of making NFL type throws as far as distance and route. I'd like to see 2 QB's in the first 4 rounds, as well. I envision us finally having not just one quality QB, but 3 QB's on the roster who've got skills. Imagine that - we pick up Alex Smith, draft someone in the first 2 rounds - maybe a Glennon or Nassib, Bray or Wilson. Then grab another guy like Manuel or Dysert in rd 3 or 4. Go forward with 3 QB's all potentially capable of playing well if called upon.

Our offense could be exciting AND consistent. Add a nasty defense, and we're a new and exciting Buffalo Bills team.

This sounds about right. Alex Smith is a good not great QB who will be available. He would be a definite upgrade from Fitz IMO. I think everyone here expects 2 rookie QBs, but I dont think the Bils are thinking this way but we'll see.

Also, i forgot about Manuel. Very interesting prospect at QB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jORMM1DxVPs

Now i know that every QB has a highlight reel. Heck we could make one for Fitzy that would make him look like a starter for any team. But I will let you be the judge on this kid's arm and accuracy. 68% completion pct. in 2011. When i watched this video the thing that struck me the most was how effortless the long ball looks to be for him. It's just a flick of the wrist and the ball travels 30-40 yds in the air . I wouldn't mind waiting to later rounds on this kid if they don't jump all over Nassib in the 1,2 pick. My preferred draft order would be CB, LB, QB, QB, LB, OG.

Did you see two QB's in that draft order? Hell yes you did. I love that Washington picked two. I think it's a smart move. Especially with this weak crop coming out of college, at least you get two in and see what each has in them for potential. With two QB's you can see how fast each soaks up the playbook, gets along with the team and makes more moves to succeed at this level. Give them minimal rookie contracts so that there isn't a ton of money invested and you trade or cut the loser of the competition. Look at The Redskins, they have RG3 and a guy they have put in enough games that people are willing to give them back their 2nd round if they shop him.

Anyways back to my original rant, what are your thoughts on Sorensen if he's available in the 3rd or 4th round?

I'm taking him UDFA

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

• 2 months later...

The more and more that I read about this guy the more impressed I am, especially about his pocket presence, his calmness and his rocket arm. Has anyone actually see him play or know much about him? All input welcomed. He has the makings of a real under the radar type of player.

http://nflmocks.com/2012/07/17/brad-sorensen-2013-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

The more and more that I read about this guy the more impressed I am, especially about his pocket presence, his calmness and his rocket arm. Has anyone actually see him play or know much about him? All input welcomed. He has the makings of a real under the radar type of player.

http://nflmocks.com/...couting-report/

his size and dead feet don't fit the Big Ben but he's worth a late round flyer on

I probably should have posted this article also. I'm afraid that we are going to take a QB with our 1st rd pick but if this draft is as weak as what everyone seems to be predicting than I'd rather see Buffalo bolster other positions and then take a flyer on a QB like Sorensen. In the event that they don't pan out then find our potential franchise QB in next year's draft.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/01/31/2013-nfl-draft-brad-sorensen-scouting-report/

It would be nice to get with our first pick a QB and if this guy was in a late round, what a ncie pick up in the 5th and provide some competition. He would be cheap, and we'd ahve two guys on the bench. If one doesn;t workout we use the other. I still want to get another one next year unless this guy lights it up as there are four guys coming out next year who are franchise guys.

http://nflmocks.com/...couting-report/

About the writer of the linked article:

"I am a 16 year old high school junior NFL draft scout from Cincinnati, Ohio. My twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Mackenzie45220"

I'm sure the writer is a good kid but if you want the Bills to draft a guy based on an article by a 16 yr old "NFL draft scout" I'd advise that

the chances of that working out are slim to none. The guy probably will be available as a FA so dont waste a pick as we only have 6.