Brad Sorensen - QB - Southern Utah University.

MClem06

SUU is the school with the most polygamists in the US!

Off topic: Just a useful fact

Not to sound rude, but I disagree with your comment that this is a useful fact, even with your off-topic disclaimer.....unless or course, that the implication that Sorensen could be a polygamist.

Just my .02

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell are you talking about??! All I did was post about a draft prospect that I read some articles on and asked for some input from anyone who knew more about him or actually saw him play. As far as saying what I said, I would most definitely say it to anyone's face who came back with some of the responses that they did. Look, I don't know if you're some kind of scout, an ex player or coach but I'm not. All I did was asked for some input hopefully from people who know more about him and this subject than me. Holy ****, this board is getting more and more difficult to deal with! Talk about driving more and more traffic away from this site, this is the kind responses that does it more than anything. It has gotten to the point where after someone posts they have to duck. I guess that there is too many "experts" around for me to post or ask anything about the Bills.

Private PM you my @$$, who in the hell do you think you are??! This place is a joke, a bad one! Here's EXACTLY what I posted Mr. NFL:

The more and more that I read about this guy the more impressed I am, especially about his pocket presence, his calmness and his rocket arm. Has anyone actually see him play or know much about him? All input welcomed. He has the makings of a real under the radar type of player.

There is no need to reply about someone beating their wife, or anything that makes it personal. That is my biggest point. It's not personal. It's the internet.

You posted about a guy you could have searched about and have viewed a thread already about him, on this site. Also, there are many posts including him over on the college board. It's not the end of the world, I was just pointing out a few issues I had with your statement. I am not trying to argue or flame you. I do not want to fight you or beat anyone's wife, including Fig Newtons.

I am not Mr NFL. I am just a douche posting on an internet message board when he should be doing something else better with decent weather... but Duke is playing and I have not had much time to watch them play this year. Anyway, there are a lot of different kinds of fans in the NFL, and there are all of those with the Bills. I am an analytical and sport fan of football more so then a team fan. I just happen to love the Bills.

As far as the situation of the board. It is the off season, the team has been less then spectacular for a while, and there has been more rehashing of the same subjects in the last 6 months then I have ever seen. There has been a lack of quality content and very much less original content. Everything is a link to someone elses blog, vlog, article about blablabla. Maybe it is because a change of the times but it was different. In the 90's and early 2000's there was no instant gratification of media. No twitter or text, only F5 on the Buffalo News Site, the HyperBills RD&C site, and listening to streaming WGR if you lived outside the Bills area. Even in Bills turf the news was not streaming. The Bills would sign Lawson, and someone would post it seldom with a link, or someone would post that they heard McGahee was on his way out - and we'd have to discuss it. We would collaboratively discuss this info. Now, if we get anything we create ourselves it is flamed. If someone brings in a link from something anything short of middle of the road quality and from anything less then 80% reliable then it is almost insulting.

Many here do not remember the origins of this site, many here do not know about the HyperBills, or other such things... but I still have many printed articles from the HyperBills sites and forums where I would take them to my room to read. I was maybe 14 and allowed but so many hours on the internet so I would print the discussion and read it with the articles. It's how I became familiar with some folks that still are on here. My point in saying this was that times have changed, and now when someone wants to post a thread it is not the same. It is a thread where someone will surely take issue with it for any reason and then instead of worthwhile discussion it becomes grenade lobbing defense. It's bad for the board, and I just took part in it...hopefully it rings some ears. It made me realize how easy it is to get in to - but it needs to stop, we need to discuss football, do our best to create content and even pull away from the witty wiseguy comments that just jab at the premise of the thread.

Ok, with all due respect there was no need for me to drag in wives and bosses and for that I truly apologize. As far as rehashing threads, duplicating subjects, etc etc, it's a bit more difficult for me because I do most of my posting and reading is being done from an IPhone. Needless to say that some of these posts have many, many pages to them and it is near impossible to read them all, my eyes are already crossed just reading your last response. Lol (Jk!). When my "original" post and it's content was merged under the proper thread it was a thread that was started almost 2.5 months ago. I am not trying to make threads/posts just to make them, I'm just trying to stay plug in to my favorite team and just share ideas and speculate on what direction that they may be taking, that's all.

I'm not here to argue with any of you or to throw disparaging about anyone so after this response I'm just going to **** up on this whole thing and only comment and post on only my ideas, thoughts and opinions on what I hope is original subjects.

With that being said, I like players like a Sorensen and hope that we don't overreach or emphasize on QBs and overlook quality players at other positions just because we have a huge need for a franchise QB. We all have suffered WAY too long and at this point if we have to sacrifice ANOTHER year for the right QB then I am in favor of that instead of squandering a high draft pick just to satisfy the masses with the wrong player. Personally speaking I think that this kind of knee jerk reaction to our ever lasting needs is what got this franchise in trouble for the last 10+ years. Just my humble opinion.

Ok, with all due respect there was no need for me to drag in wives and bosses and for that I truly apologize. As far as rehashing threads, duplicating subjects, etc etc, it's a bit more difficult for me because I do most of my posting and reading is being done from an IPhone. Needless to say that some of these posts have many, many pages to them and it is near impossible to read them all, my eyes are already crossed just reading your last response. Lol (Jk!). When my "original" post and it's content was merged under the proper thread it was a thread that was started almost 2.5 months ago. I am not trying to make threads/posts just to make them, I'm just trying to stay plug in to my favorite team and just share ideas and speculate on what direction that they may be taking, that's all.

I'm not here to argue with any of you or to throw disparaging about anyone so after this response I'm just going to **** up on this whole thing and only comment and post on only my ideas, thoughts and opinions on what I hope is original subjects.

With that being said, I like players like a Sorensen and hope that we don't overreach or emphasize on QBs and overlook quality players at other positions just because we have a huge need for a franchise QB. We all have suffered WAY too long and at this point if we have to sacrifice ANOTHER year for the right QB then I am in favor of that instead of squandering a high draft pick just to satisfy the masses with the wrong player. Personally speaking I think that this kind of knee jerk reaction to our ever lasting needs is what got this franchise in trouble for the last 10+ years. Just my humble opinion.

It's all good homie, you're a good poster. Most posters just view their beliefs as so amazing they deserve their own "We suck and scored 41 points against the Pats and lost because Fitz sucks" thoughts."

If they were available, I would take either Geno or Barkley at 8---and take a guy like Sorenson with a late pick. The penalty for whiffing on a first round QB has been massively reduced under the new CBA. If our first rounder sucks, pick another next year. Why blow a #8 pick on, say, an O-lineman who will have little individual impact, ever, and who 3 years later will still be stimulating debates here ast to whether he's a legit Pro Bowler or he absolutely sucks?

Here is where I made my biggest mistake or error in judgement. I had the audacity to try and post some kind of a football thought about a football player on a football board and then was actually retarded enough to ask for some input. Of course I got some input but it was from a few of the fugging jerk-offs that inhabit this board but alas at least they didn't disappoint, they held true to form. They were more than happy and quick to critique everything about what I posted and what I am EXCEPT for the subject of the topic, which of course is who I originally asked for more input and insight on. What a bunch of a$$holes! Lol! Keep up the good work guys, I appreciate you holding true to form. Whew, for a moment there I actually thought that you were going to contribute. I must be getting delusional in my old age.

Wow.....Stunning response.

Do you always take responses from other poster so personally ? It was just pointed out that the writer of the article you linked was not experienced

and that readers should know it was written by a kid who was likely on lunchbreak at his local highschool and not written by a vested sportswriter like Peter King or John Clayton, Adan Schefter etc...... Why did you have to turn it into an attack and name calling of other posters ?

Thats extremely lame on your part calling us "a bunch of a$$holes".

My 2 cents

All I did was looked down a list of draft prospects for QB and came across Sorensen. At this point I googled him and read a few of the articles that were at the TOP of the search engine, including the 16 year old which happened to be the one listed secondly. The articles ALL listed qualities that I found intriguing so I posted about him, even watched a highlight video or 2 of him.

Well, what you did is the big reason I visit this board. I like reading up on players I'm not familiar with. I'd never heard of Zach Dysert, Matt Scott, and a host of others including Sorenson that posters like yourself have enlightened me on. Good stuff indeed.

Maybe I'm in the minority? But..... I appreciate the hell out of posts like your original in this thread. I reckon most folks do as well. 0pouce.gif

jb

Wow.....Stunning response.

Do you always take responses from other poster so personally ? It was just pointed out that the writer of the article you linked was not experienced

and that readers should know it was written by a kid who was likely on lunchbreak at his local highschool and not written by a vested sportswriter like Peter King or John Clayton, Adan Schefter etc...... Why did you have to turn it into an attack and name calling of other posters ?

Thats extremely lame on your part calling us "a bunch of a$$holes".

My 2 cents

I don't know if this will change your perception of me but fwiw I only directed that rant, or whatever you want to call it, at just a few others and you were not not one of them. Actually I give you a lot of credit for discovering more about the author of the article that I referenced, which I might add was pretty well written for a 16 year old. There was absolutely no problem with me getting corrected by you or any other poster, matter of fact I'm glad that you caught that and pointed it out, it will make me more careful. I will say though I thought that that kid was as good if not better than a lot of other articles from so called professional sport writers that I have read.

Now to answer your opening question. No, I don't usually make it a habit to attack other posters, if anything I'm a pretty positive Bills' fan, maybe to the point of being guilty of being too optimistic about their current situation and future, just like so many other Bills' fans around here. I don't attack others and even when I don't agree or think that someone is way off base I choose to sustain and keep my opinion to myself just so I don't become combative or to ignite conflict BUT when others on this board, and it's common knowledge that there is some of them that do exist, can just slander, smear or ridicule others for their thoughts, comments and ideas then they should expect a response that may not be too favorable. I won't apologize for this and as long as I stay on course with my response(s) and I don't include other unwarranted and unnecessary subject to it then I feel exonerated. It's ironic, in this case I'm not referring to you, that the ones who initiated the conflicts are usually the first ones to cry foul. It's real simple, treat others as you want them to treat you. If you are abusive then don't whine if you get abusive responses. Better yet, how about if we just stick to football subject matters only and leave out all the verbal attacks, slanders and personal references? If you think that I don't carry myself like that in just about all my posts then I invite you to look up my posting history. In the few times that I might of had some conflicts I can guarantee you that I was NEVER the one who initiated it. Can I be guilty of coming back strongly, even going over the top? Absolutely but it just wasn't because of one remark or incident, I can assure you of that. Matter of fact, like I stated previously, I usually just reframe from it so I won't have a problem or disagreement with another poster.

While we are on the subject of message board courtesy and message comprehension I would like to take this time to point out something that happens WAY too often on WAY too many posts, threads and responses. It always amazes me when someone will state or remark on a subject, place, thing or whatever it may be in someone's comments, how right before your eyes their words get magically twisted and the whole meaning of the message takes on a whole new meaning. Lol, how does that happen so often??! I mean the whole premise of this board is reading and writing! We are suppose to post and share thoughts and ideas and in turn we are suppose to read it and then comprehend it. Right or wrong, if you like it or not, I mean EXACTLY what I say and the same concept goes for what I read. I don't change the meaning of what the other poster writes with my words, I respond to them in direct correlation of THEIR words. What do I mean? It happened right in my exchanges today. It's minor and I'm not picking on the other poster because all is good now but when I distastefully made the reference about how some of you probably get slapped around by your wives the other poster referenced it and brought that back up in his response he stated something of the effect of slapping around your wives. Tell me, how does that happen??! Amazing, simply amazing!

Lastly I'd like to mention that I did apologize for some of my responses and I can honestly say that I'm not the kind of person who holds grudges or ill will against others. This is completely behind me and I hope that it is for anyone that I offended. I would actually like to be friends with everyone and continue to share our thoughts, ideas and opinions with each other but only in a friendly and courteous way.

Listen, don't be a jerk. I don't care if you are treated "unfairly" or whatever you think. Posts like your OP that was merged were hardly original content. You learned how to find a QB the same way Buddy Nix did. Read a bunch of results on a Google Search and say "this one is good." How else did we end up with that trick shot kid last year? Nix discovered YouTube. This year, it is rumored, he discovered Instagram.

Anyway, all kidding aside. You offered NO original content of your own. You looked at his highlights, you looked at write ups by other folks, and then proposed we should discuss this guy because others have. You did not bother to look for original content on his actual play - watching game tapes of him or anything. You easily could have. If you want me to fill you in on how to find game tapes of a lot of games, PM me. You can pull tapes of most any NFL game in the last 10 years, and tons of college games.

Do not beat your chest, do not talk about being above the "tough guys" on here. It does you nothing. No one cares about the tough guys, so standing up to them or just bringing them up doesn't. Take a simple rule I try to use on here. Do not say anything on here you wouldn't say to the biggest guy you could imagine in a dark alley, that way you will not offend anyone.

Bring original content to this board, bring discussion up that is not common retreads of the same information, enlighten us with something you discovered while watching take on a player. Tell us that you worry about CJ Spillers running because he does not display true form running, or that you are concerned with KWilliams because he plays off his legs and gets off balance easily. Bring us something, other then a link to some dudes account that is barely able to drive. Linking to someone elses crap work is not original content for you - it's them. It also drives traffic away from this site to another site, which is BS.

The article to which Tipster linked was insightful and intelligently written. 16 year old or no, the article had more depth than most of the football-related articles I've seen from the Buffalo News. It's very, very rare for posters on these boards to create original content of that quality. As far as I'm concerned, Tipster did me a favor by bringing that article to my attention. I probably wouldn't have become aware of the article otherwise.

When someone does something which makes these boards more interesting and informative--as Tipster has done here--we should be praising that person.

There is no need to reply about someone beating their wife, or anything that makes it personal. That is my biggest point. It's not personal. It's the internet.

You posted about a guy you could have searched about and have viewed a thread already about him, on this site. Also, there are many posts including him over on the college board. It's not the end of the world, I was just pointing out a few issues I had with your statement. I am not trying to argue or flame you. I do not want to fight you or beat anyone's wife, including Fig Newtons.

I am not Mr NFL. I am just a douche posting on an internet message board when he should be doing something else better with decent weather... but Duke is playing and I have not had much time to watch them play this year. Anyway, there are a lot of different kinds of fans in the NFL, and there are all of those with the Bills. I am an analytical and sport fan of football more so then a team fan. I just happen to love the Bills.

As far as the situation of the board. It is the off season, the team has been less then spectacular for a while, and there has been more rehashing of the same subjects in the last 6 months then I have ever seen. There has been a lack of quality content and very much less original content. Everything is a link to someone elses blog, vlog, article about blablabla. Maybe it is because a change of the times but it was different. In the 90's and early 2000's there was no instant gratification of media. No twitter or text, only F5 on the Buffalo News Site, the HyperBills RD&C site, and listening to streaming WGR if you lived outside the Bills area. Even in Bills turf the news was not streaming. The Bills would sign Lawson, and someone would post it seldom with a link, or someone would post that they heard McGahee was on his way out - and we'd have to discuss it. We would collaboratively discuss this info. Now, if we get anything we create ourselves it is flamed. If someone brings in a link from something anything short of middle of the road quality and from anything less then 80% reliable then it is almost insulting.

Many here do not remember the origins of this site, many here do not know about the HyperBills, or other such things... but I still have many printed articles from the HyperBills sites and forums where I would take them to my room to read. I was maybe 14 and allowed but so many hours on the internet so I would print the discussion and read it with the articles. It's how I became familiar with some folks that still are on here. My point in saying this was that times have changed, and now when someone wants to post a thread it is not the same. It is a thread where someone will surely take issue with it for any reason and then instead of worthwhile discussion it becomes grenade lobbing defense. It's bad for the board, and I just took part in it...hopefully it rings some ears. It made me realize how easy it is to get in to - but it needs to stop, we need to discuss football, do our best to create content and even pull away from the witty wiseguy comments that just jab at the premise of the thread.

Good post! :thumbsup: I understand where you're coming from a lot more after having read it.