Mel Kiper's updated Big Board 1/9/13

papazoid

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my first 32. Mine, not DraftTek's. #8-17 look pretty good.

1 Luke Joeckel (Jr.decl)
2 Jarvis Jones (Jr.,decl)
3 Bjoern Werner (Jr.,decl)
4 Star Lotulelei
5 Manti Teo
6 Dee Milliner
7 Damontre Moore (Jr., decl)
8 Keenan Allen (Jr., decl)
9 Geno Smith
10 Johnthan Banks
11 Dion Jordan
12 Ezekiel Ansah
13 Alec Ogletree (Jr.,decl)
14 Chance Warmack
15 Sheldon Richardson (Jr.,decl)
16 Kevin Minter (Jr.,decl)
17 Terrance Williams
18 Eric Fisher
19 Alex Okafor
20 Johnathan Hankins (Jr.,decl)
21 Barkevious Mingo
22 Montee Ball
23 Tyler Wilson
24 Matt Barkley
25 Jonathan Cooper
26 Barrett Jones
27 Jonathan Jenkins
28 Eric Reid (Jr.,decl)
29 Sam Montgomery
30 Jesse Williams
31 Sharrif Floyd (Jr.,decl)
32 Kenny Vaccaro

Edited by Astrobot

did you not see his last performance?

this. It was the same as Manti Teo. Overhyped and ridiculously over rated all year for no reason. Neither will have a good pro career. Mark it down in stone and put it over their graves. It's a done deal.

2013 NFL DRAFT ORDER

1. Chiefs

2. Jaguars

3. Raiders

4. Eagles

5. Lions

6. Browns

7. Cardinals

8. Bills

9. Jets

10. Titans

11. Chargers

12. Dolphins

13. Buccaneers

14. Panthers

15. Saints

16. Rams

17. Steelers

18. Cowboys

19. Giants

20. Bears

21. Bengals

22. Rams (from Redskins)

23. Vikings

24. Colts

SCOUTS INC.'S TOP 32

Player Pos. School Grade 1. Star Lotulelei DT Utah 96 2. Damontre Moore* DE Texas A&M 96 3. Chance Warmack G Alabama 96 4. Luke Joeckel* OT Texas A&M 96 5. Barkevious Mingo* DE LSU 95 6. Jarvis Jones* OLB Georgia 95 7. Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame 95 8. Bjoern Werner* DE Florida St 95 9. Johnathan Hankins* DT Ohio State 95 10. Sylvester Williams DT N. Carolina 94 11. Dee Milliner* CB Alabama 94 12. Dion Jordan DE Oregon 94 13. Taylor Lewan* OT Michigan 94 14. Jonathan Cooper OG N. Carolina 94 15. Alec Ogletree* ILB Georgia 93 16. Kenny Vaccaro S Texas 93 17. Johnathan Jenkins DT Georgia 93 18. Sam Montgomery* DE LSU 93 19. Ezekiel Ansah* DE BYU 92 20. Eric Fisher OT C. Michigan 92 21. Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri 92 22. Johnthan Banks CB Miss. St. 91 23. Geno Smith QB W. Virginia 91 24. Shariff Floyd* DT Florida 91 25. Justin Hunter* WR Tennessee 90 26. Corey Lemonier* DE Auburn 91 27. Kawann Short DT Purdue 90 28. Keenan Allen* WR California 89 29. Zach Ertz* TE Stanford 89 30. C. Patterson* WR Tennessee 88 31. Tyler Eifert* TE Notre Dame 88 32. Matt Barkley QB USC 88

Buddy Nix has FINAL say for this draft......if and when whaley becomes GM remains to be played out....

having said that, its very possible that Russ Brandon wants a QB and has steared the "team" consensus in that direction. buddy has already tipped their hand....they are drafting a QB early.

I'm not saying you are wrong with respect to Nix having the final say on draft selections. But I have some "suspicions" that Whaley now has more authority. The Marrone hire seems more like a Brandon/Whaley hire and not a Nix type of hire. This is merely my own guess.

Whether Nix tipped his hand about an early qb selection is moot. The need is so blatantly obvious that this is a poker game in which all the cards are showing to everyone in and out of the game. At this point there is no need to be coy.

Marrone will have the first crack at the draft picks this draft. If he thinks they need a QB, then he will get whoever he wants. If he feels he can wait until later rounds and draft an early WR or LB and draft a QB later on then it will be so.

Just like Cjan had his "Waterbug" pick, Marrone will have any position or player he wants.

I hope they do not take any of these QBs with the 8th pick. I would rather see them use the 8th pick based on their board (presuming no QB in the top 8 of their board) and use the second pick on a QB (either with the pick itself or packaging it to trade up) or trading the 8th pick for a later pick in the 1st round plus other picks.

At this point in time, I do not think there is a QB worth the 8th pick. We can use that pick for an impact player without having to reach. Let's not be this year's version of the Titans (who reached with the 8th and took Locker).

I agree. My main point is that Bills cannot afford to be passive even if it means taking the guy they want way ahead of "projections". I would be fine with taking QB at 8 if that is they guy they think they need, Mel Kiper and Todd McShay be damned. They need to get the guy they want.

After the last two drafts, I don't think moving up 1 round to get a QB you like is going to be viewed as a big deal even by the draftniks.

Noone saw Ponder going when he did, and Tannehill was considered somewhat reachy. There are a few more that I am forgetting.

My point is - the word is out there that you have to "reach" a bit to get the QB you want - which by my defintion isn't really reaching at all. It really just means the positional value of QB's has gone up even higher than it has been. All the success of recent youngsters only reinforces that.

Edited by BobChalmers

this is a real possibility at #8.....Pettine's defense relies on one on one coverage by the corners.....

Hehe - 'tis true.

Pettine's defense is closest in style to Greggo Williams' scheme - modified old Bears "46".

Remember how the Bills had to go out and get Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield to play in his scheme? The defense leaves them out on an island a lot.

Gilmore's fine, but they need another.

Haivng said that, they are SO desperate at LB I'd rather hold off a year at CB and see if Brooks can step up.

Edited by BobChalmers

best available player in 1st round......

use your 2nd & 3rd round picks to trade back into the late first round to get ahead of all those early teams who will use their 2nd round pick on a QB.

Edited by papazoid

How good is Barrett Jones? Has his stock fallen because of his injury?

Its just one of those positions. The Pounceys, Mack and Wood were all highly regarded coming out of college, but none of them went higher than what, 17th or 18th? Just shooting from the hip with that #. I know Mack and Wood both went in the 20s. I cant remember where the Pounceys went off hand, but I had to guess the Steelers pick was likely in the mid20s and the Dolphins in the mid teens...