Notre Dame v. Alabama Game Thread

BobbyC81

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats bothering me here is Saben can be this dormant at the highest collage levels yet fail in the NFL. What does that do to the odds our .500 SU can be successful?

It's a myth that Saban failed in the NFL. Check his record. He quit because he was with a disfunctional franchise with no QB. And he's a jerk.

Sorry ND but you're playing against a real team from a real conference. What a joke of a championship game.

ND not as bad as they looked tonight. They did beat some very good teams this year, although I don't think they would beat Stanford with Hogan at QB.

Edited by mannc

brent musburger is kinda creepy, but I guess it's true what they say. You're only dead when you stop noticing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPdjX4Kya7o&feature=player_embedded

Go AJ ,she is gorgeous!

back to football Texas A&M should be the number ranked team in the country. If they had to replay their two losses that wold win now.

Just havin' a little fun with your typos, lighten up.

But what does Saban have to do with Marrone? ...Or is it that you wanted them to pick a different guy so you decided to take shots at the guy they did?

Yes I wanted Smith despite the retread cracks. I was not taking shots at him just pointing out it is rare [if not unknown I can't think of one] for even a highly successful college HC to jump directly to NFL HC and not fail. Anyone remember Lou Holtz?

I don't think I am the only one who feels this way. Read the thread where the news on him first broke from start to finish.

It's a classic example of-

• Denial (this isn't happening to me!)
  • Anger (why is this happening to me?)
  • Bargaining (I promise I'll be a better person if...)
  • Depression (I don't care anymore)
  • Acceptance (I'm ready for whatever comes)

Edited by Jim in Anchorage

Yes I wanted Smith despite the retread cracks. I was not taking shots at him just pointing out it is rare [if not unknown I can't think of one] for even a highly successful college HC to jump directly to NFL HC and not fail. Anyone remember Lou Holtz?

Harbaugh. Carroll.

Bill Walsh.

And all that time with the Saints and Jets means nothing to you?

So now Alabama plays Oregon for the national title right? When is that game?

Seriously though, why was ND voted #1 if it was pretty widely accepted that they weren't at the level of these schools? Beating on the military academies isn't the same as running the gauntlet of SEC or PAC-10 schools. Looking forward to a college football playoff system!

Wow D- on your post. Walsh and Carroll both had assistant jobs in the NFL before becoming NFL HC. In fact Carrolls first NFL job was as a Bills assistant.

Petey was also the HC of the Jets and Pats at one time. How do people forget this little factoid every time his name comes up for the question of successful college football = successful NFL coach.

Don't know which Harbaugh you men.

I think he was referring to Jim Harbaugh, the 49ers HC who came from Stanford.

Unfortunately, Jimmy spent a couple of years on the Raiders staff before heading for the collegiate ranks.

Seriously though, why was ND voted #1 if it was pretty widely accepted that they weren't at the level of these schools? Beating on the military academies isn't the same as running the gauntlet of SEC or PAC-10 schools. Looking forward to a college football playoff system!

They were undefeated and @oklahoma wasn't a military academy? @usc should've been bigger. They didn't play many big games but they won them all.

because people want to see notre dame playing in big games. like it's 1977 or something. what a disgrace this was. college football is a joke.

Speaking of SEC, where would Notre Dame finish in the SEC? I'm thinking maybe 8th or 9th, depending if they could beat Miss. St. or Ole Miss.

Calling BS on this one. Alabama played a great game last night, but let's not get carried away. Notre Dame beat 5 teams that were ranked in the top 25 this year. They didn't play well last night and there are many reasons for that. Not the least of which was the terrible officiating early in the game. With the score 7-0, Notre Dame threw a pass for what should have been a first down. That was taken away and they were forced to punt. On the ensuing punt, the Alabama receiver clearly fumbled and Notre Dame recovered. Again, it was taken away by the refs. On the ensuing drive, Alabama scored again to put ND in a huge hole. If the refs hadn't taken away possession twice, ND may have scored to make it 7-7. It would have been a very different game. Alabama dominated last night, make no mistake about it, but it was one game and far from ND's best effort.

because people want to see notre dame playing in big games. like it's 1977 or something. what a disgrace this was. college football is a joke.

ND beat every team on it's schedule and five of those teams were ranked in the top 25. Alabama did not. Simple as that. Alabama dominated the game last night, but it was one game. ND got screwed repeatedly by the refs early on and it put them in a huge hole. Clearly Alabama was the better team last night, but it in no way diminishes what ND did this year. If you think it does, then you don't know a thing about college football.

Calling BS on this one. Alabama played a great game last night, but let's not get carried away. Notre Dame beat 5 teams that were ranked in the top 25 this year. They didn't play well last night and there are many reasons for that. Not the least of which was the terrible officiating early in the game. With the score 7-0, Notre Dame threw a pass for what should have been a first down. That was taken away and they were forced to punt. On the ensuing punt, the Alabama receiver clearly fumbled and Notre Dame recovered. Again, it was taken away by the refs. On the ensuing drive, Alabama scored again to put ND in a huge hole. If the refs hadn't taken away possession twice, ND may have scored to make it 7-7. It would have been a very different game. Alabama dominated last night, make no mistake about it, but it was one game and far from ND's best effort.

ND beat every team on it's schedule and five of those teams were ranked in the top 25. Alabama did not. Simple as that. Alabama dominated the game last night, but it was one game. ND got screwed repeatedly by the refs early on and it put them in a huge hole. Clearly Alabama was the better team last night, but it in no way diminishes what ND did this year. If you think it does, then you don't know a thing about college football.

People that say ND didn't play anyone are just wrong. Alabama is the best team in the country and would have beaten anyone by a significant margin. I would include LSU, SC and Georgia in that statement. I would listen to arguements from Orgeon and Texas A&M fans but likely would not be convinced.

ND needed to play a perfect game to make it close and they didn't. The refs didn't help but the amount of missed tackles and the fact that Alabama are just better doomed ND to failure.

ND will be back, their recruiting class is second only to......Alabama. Oh boy.

Hopefully Kelly figured out a few things on how to coach up a team for a five week layoff to make the next one a tad closer.

Like I said, Alabama are the most physically gifted and deep team in the country

I stopped watching after the 2nd blown call in the 1st quarter. It was plain to see the fix was in.

This.

For all the ND haters, a little BCS Championship history for you. 1999 Florida State 46 Virginia Tech 29. 2001 Miami 37 Nebraska 19, 2004 USC 55 Oklahoma 14, 2006 Florida 41 Ohio State 14, 2011 Alabama 21 LSU 0. These BCS Championship games are rarely close. Not disputing that Alabama dominated last night, but it happens a lot in these games and in no way does it make ND a bad football team.

and this here is why I root against Notre Dame every chance I get...

#allaboutthefanbase