Notre Dame v. Alabama Game Thread

BobbyC81

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats bothering me here is Saben can be this dormant at the highest collage levels yet fail in the NFL. What does that do to the odds our .500 SU can be successful?

I think Saban is a great recruiter, but a very good coach with loads of NFL Caliber Talent on his roster. Five star prospects see him in the Green Room during the NFL Draft watching his players get taken in the first round of the draft and realize he is their best ticket to the NFL. Don't get me wrong he is the best coach in the best conference in college football, but he seems to have third stringers that could start on other SEC Teams. I think he got to the NFL realized that the talent pool is much more even across the league and winning is much more difficult at the NFL Level. As far as Marrone is concerned he got the most out of lesser talent, albeit in a easier conference, and turned a program around. I may regret saying this in a few years, but I think Marrone is a better fit for the NFL.

What does Saban sleeping through an advanced art class have to do with his failure in the NFL? And what do either have to do with Marrone?

I laughed.

Well done.

Is it just me or is "college" just one of those words you HAVE to get right?

Maybe Saben is highly skilled at making collages.

This is why I like posting here everyone is so sharp eyed and helpful.

This is why I like posting here everyone is so sharp eyed and helpful.

Just havin' a little fun with your typos, lighten up.

But what does Saban have to do with Marrone? ...Or is it that you wanted them to pick a different guy so you decided to take shots at the guy they did?