Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I like about the pick of Marrone as head coach: they didn't pick Jim Haslett or Ken Whisenhut.

Here is what I don't know: Is Marrone some diamond in the rough that will turn into a Hall of Fame coach?

Here is what I know: The Bills, in their infinite wisdom, searched the length and breadth of the nation for the best football coach in America and came up with Marrone. The best football coach they could find without any limitations and they found him at one of the major football powers in the country: Syracuse!

Seriously, why was I born and raised in WNY only to be subjected to this unending abuse? The Bills continue to defy logic. I hope Marrone is a great success, but I find it hard to believe he was the number one candidate in America for the Bills.

Every other team looking for a coach was going to talk to Marrone. Are those teams stupid too?

PTR

I am not a juvenile, just an immature adult.

I know you are but what am I?

Every other team looking for a coach was going to talk to Marrone. Are those teams stupid too?

PTR

I believe Marrone had more interviews than any other HC candidate during this cycle.

One could say that with the only possibly exception being Chip Kelly that Marrone was the most highly-sought out HC candidate.

I think a lot of the naysayers here should reflect on that and consider what value that might have.

Yeah that 19-40 record Lovie Smith posted against winning teams was going to really get us places in our division wasn't it? He has been 2-9 against GB since McCarthy took over including 6 straight losses...sounds familiar doesn't it?

Edited by matter2003

I love that people around here didn't want a retread but a fresh new starts. We get that very thing and it is a bad hire. I am not sure I like the hire but it is hard to judge till we see what he does with the the DC and OC. I like that he has more of a intensity to him. I like that he learned under Peyton. I like that he has been an OC and a O-linw coach. I like that he has been a HC even if it is in collage. I like that he is younger. I look at this like I did when the Seahawks hired PC. When we heard about this most people in Seattle were like "what" where did this come from. I would think that was the same thought in Baltimore and Atlanta when their coaches we hired. All I can really do is hope for the best and expect the worst...but I believe that would be the same with any coach that was hired.

@MaryKayCabot: Browns walk away from Chip Kelly because they weren't sure his heart was 100-percent ready to jump to the NFL http://t.co/s91ddkiI

Interesting. According to that, suddenly Whisenhunt becomes high on their list... can you imagine the meltdown here if we went from "The Bills have a deal in place with Chip Kelly" to "After being spurned, the Bills have hired the Whis."

I know you are but what am I?

I believe Marrone had more interviews than any other HC candidate during this cycle.

One could say that with the only possibly exception being Chip Kelly that Marrone was the most highly-sought out HC candidate.

I think a lot of the naysayers here should reflect on that and consider what value that might have.

I'M still thinking on that.......I got nothin.

Would anyone have hired this guy last year, when "the cuse" won 5 games?

I guess the good news is that every other year we will win 8 games.

This pick makes perfect sense.

Pick a complete joke of a coach. Bomb the season. Get number one pick. Take Johnny football. Pay marrone his bonus for losing with credibility. Fire the whole lot of them and get a real coach.

Otherwise it is a horrible hire.

I love how half the board hates the hire and the other half is trying to get excited about this hire..fact is why can't we evere hire someone that excites the fan base..oh wait you have hire a good coach to do that...well maybe in 2016 we'll hire a good coach...doubt it

This pick makes perfect sense.

Pick a complete joke of a coach. Bomb the season. Get number one pick. Take Johnny football. Pay marrone his bonus for losing with credibility. Fire the whole lot of them and get a real coach.

Otherwise it is a horrible hire.

Johnny football is a true freshmen, he cannot come out in next years draft. You must be three years removed from HS to op into the NFL draft