Freddy wants to remain in a Bill, even if it means being backup

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i definitely agree with the concensus here and would like to keep freddy for 2 reasons already stated:

1. Great guy/teammate

2. CJ is not a 25-30 carry back for an entire season

As long as it's crystal clear who the #1 back at buffalo is, i'd be extremely happy having Fred back. Woot!

He fumbled every 23 carries this year...He needs to get that taken care of.

Turnovers kill.

id imagine its some fluke bad luck, and maybe some minor technique cleanup.

as someone mention, 2 were injuries.

i wouldnt expect it to hamper him next year if i had to guess.

Edited by NoSaint

id imagine its some fluke bad luck, and maybe some minor technique cleanup.

as someone mention, 2 were injuries.

i wouldnt expect it to hamper him next year if i had to guess.

I'm a little concerned about the redzone fumbles. Could it be a mental thing now that hes coughed a few up near the endzone? Wild speculation on my part, but when things like that start to happen in bunches I wonder.

FJ is miles better then Riddick ever was. It's not even close.

As a big Rob Riddick fan, I agree Freddy is better...but Riddicks' situation was completely different than Jacksons'. Riddick never went into any season expected to be the #1 guy...and he had a lot of injury problems...he spent his first five years on the Bills roster as a special teamer, or injured...3rd or 4th on the RB depth chart when healthy..he even missed an entire season to injury...his one most productive season, 1986 he performed pretty well..averaged over 4 yards a carry with about 160 carries, and about 50 receptions for 400 yrds...he was pretty Freddy-like...but not for as long...also was a pretty key contributer in 1987 & 1988.

Like Jackson, the guy was a really good short yardage and goal line back...love 'em both...have to keep Freddie.

Edited by Buftex

I can't imagine a better 3rd down back. Blocks great, catches great, strong runner, great team player. Aside from a recent case of fumblitis, what else could you possibly want?

When will he be ready to go from the injury??

If he's not ready for the first game in Sept, may be hard for the Bill's to keep him as you do need a backup for CJ who can go maybe 10 plays a game. How much will that person cost, and then what do you do when Freddy does come back? Could keep both, but then likely FJ would need to take a paycut, say two backups at one mil each. If he were completely healthy I'd say yes bring him back as the backup. Not so certain if not ready to go the first game.

CJ is not an everydown back, they would still need someone like Fred to run the ball and run the ball up the middle to get the tough yards

Go read the "how should we use CJ" thread and get off this "every down" kick. Only 10 RBs averaged 17 or more carries per game last year. CJ can and should be the featured back getting the bulk of the carries.

That said, I absolutely want Freddy back and think the two RBs playing together could still wreak havoc on defenses.

Injured for 2 years in a row now, fumbles way too much at this point... I don't get the excuse that he was injured for two of them -- it is because it isn't as elusive as he was a few seasons ago thus he is taking much bigger shots. Maybe with less carriers this will even out but he looked slow to me this year.

Again probably the knee injury early on but it has been a trend.

Still, I'd bring him back to spell CJ and it doesn't hurt that he is a good leader.

Fred Jackson said he wants to remain with the Bills even if he's asked to be C.J. Spiller's backup next season.

The Bills' next head coach will have final word, but even Jackson seems resigned to his fate. He'll be 32 next month and is coming off a season in which he averaged 3.80 yards per carry. "You just got to give C.J. credit," Jackson said. "He played amazing this year, and with the opportunity he got he made a tremendous amount of plays." Jackson could even end up being cut if the Bills want to save money at the backup running back spot. He's due $2.15 million in base salary in 2013

rotoworld.com

You guys want to keep him?

If He's healthy, Hell yes!!! Choice isn't a number 2 RB as far as I'm concerned and I've seen enough of him. If anything cut Choice. Obviously his cap number isn't as hefty as Jackson, but quality over quantity in this case...

Injured for 2 years in a row now, fumbles way too much at this point... I don't get the excuse that he was injured for two of them -- it is because it isn't as elusive as he was a few seasons ago thus he is taking much bigger shots. Maybe with less carriers this will even out but he looked slow to me this year.

Again probably the knee injury early on but it has been a trend.

Still, I'd bring him back to spell CJ and it doesn't hurt that he is a good leader.

I enjoyed the:

"I hate everything about everything....

.... But it's the right thing to do"

tone of this post.