Why Brandon will get the best coach here.

We have criticized the Bills numerous times over the years for their poor on-field performance and rightfully so but one thing they have done above and beyond exception is sell this team to us and each year we buy into it.

Now that Brandon has complete control of the team he will use the same approach to get the best coach to come here. He sold us on regionalization by having training camp in Rochester and now more people and luxury boxes are filled from there and has done the same with Canada by playing one game a year in the Rogers Centre.

I believe Brandon's best attribute is in selling this team and he will convince the best coach to come here to restore this team to glory. Russ can sell snow in Alaska and and sun lamps in Arizona and who ever the best candidate is (Greg Roman) doesn't have a chance and will gladly come here.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sold on this team and only a top head coach and franchise QB will fix that for me......

This is a sad end to another rebuilding project and the fans are NOT IN A GOOD MOOD RIGHT NOW....

I mean, how many times can a team call for a big press conference at the end of the season then promise new change then do basically nothing??

Edited by HOUSE

You don't "sell" anyone if your first move is bringing in one of the only coaches that has performed equally as badly, if not worse, as yours has in the same time span.

If not worse? Does anyone think before they say something? He took the Cards to the superbowl and arguably should have won it.

If not worse? Does anyone think before they say something? He took the Cards to the superbowl and arguably should have won it.

We could argue about the past, but many feel that Warner was the biggest factor in their run. In the same time span that Chan was here, their records are pretty close. And they didn't have the Pats to deal with in what used to be a cupcake division.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

I am not sold on this team and only a top head coach and franchise QB will fix that for me......

This is a sad end to another rebuilding project and the fans are NOT IN A GOOD MOOD RIGHT NOW....

I mean, how many times can a team call for a big press conference at the end of the season then promise new change then do basically nothing??

I'd say getting rid of the coaching staff and not letting Ralph make football decisions anymore, is considered something.

We have criticized the Bills numerous times over the years for their poor on-field performance and rightfully so but one thing they have done above and beyond exception is sell this team to us and each year we buy into it.

Now that Brandon has complete control of the team he will use the same approach to get the best coach to come here. He sold us on regionalization by having training camp in Rochester and now more people and luxury boxes are filled from there and has done the same with Canada by playing one game a year in the Rogers Centre.

I believe Brandon's best attribute is in selling this team and he will convince the best coach to come here to restore this team to glory. Russ can sell snow in Alaska and and sun lamps in Arizona and who ever the best candidate is (Greg Roman) doesn't have a chance and will gladly come here.

I have to be honest, I don't have alot of faith in this organization anymore. Years and years of believing and years and years of being made a fool of have taken it's toll. The fact that they kept Buddy Nix around to screw up a 4th draft, kinda dampers any hope that changes in the organization may have had.

The biggest reason why we are going to get a good coach this time is because unlike the previous times, coaches WANT this job. There is a huge difference in what you are going to be able to get when you have over 2 dozen coaches that have called YOU expressing their interest in the job this time versus last time where you can't even get marginal candidates to interview for the position.

They should have their pick of the litter so to speak. This is a good job with the talent level they have assembled and these coaches know it.

I have to be honest, I don't have alot of faith in this organization anymore. Years and years of believing and years and years of being made a fool of have taken it's toll. The fact that they kept Buddy Nix around to screw up a 4th draft, kinda dampers any hope that changes in the organization may have had.

Yeah, he really screwed up that Spiller pick, the Gilmore pick, the Glenn pick, the Carrington pick, the Dareus pick, the Bradham pick...if anything we should want him here because he is 3 for 3 in the first round...

1. The hiring of Marv Levy.

2. The hiring of Dick Jauron

Really? Then why did Brandon, as "GM", convince coaching salary tightwad Ralph to re-sign Jauron before his contract was expired?

“What is (Bills chief operating officer) Russ Brandon doing on the road, trying to parade around as a football guy and pretend he knows what he is looking at? Look at his contracts — he can’t even take care of business in his own field. What makes him think he can evaluate? He’s a bean counter. He has no business pretending he knows talent.”

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...dibles2324.htm

Before Nix was "hired" as GM, this is the decision proccess went down, per Ralph: "Russ and I scanned a list of possible candidates. We didn't know them. I didn't know them. I don't think Russ did. We narrowed it down to two candidates for the job of general manager of football, two in-house candidates."

And why, as CEO for 3 years, wasn't Brandon able to convince a 94 year old man who is completely detatched from the game (OK, maybe he has Dish network) that we needed a "very robust football analytics operation", as he is claiming hw will now bring?

I couldn't find anything regarding Brandon's dispeasure with the Levy hire.

Seems to me Russ's rep has been as a "Yes" man to Ralph. And now we are all to be excited that our "new" CEO/President is....Russ Brandon!

the only thing.....

the most successful long term, isnt always the most exciting the day of their press conference. i hope he decides the best way to be profitable sustainably is the former, not the latter. always a nice perk when its the same guy for both qualities.

Edited by NoSaint

Obviously as a Franchise long Fan, I have to hope for the best BUT I'm troubled by the fact that he's been here for 16 years, and we have not made the Playoffs for 13!

Whitey's been gone since '06, and as I recall there was a period of time before Nix, where Russ was more or less "in charge." What can he point to as a BILLS success('s) along the way? Did he have any input or did he just sit on Ralph's knee and move his lips???

Did he ever speak up to keep Wade? What part did he have in the rerst of the HC Chain of Fools, while he was at 1 Bills Drive?

Ralph's decision, is Ralph's decision. Ralph is 94 and he's never been one to "think outside the box!" He only hires people who nod and say yes a lot, and if this could be another of those hirings, I don't expect a lot of change, and do really hope that I'm wrong!

Whatley's participation in selecting the coach is critical, since he is heir apparent at GM. that would mean, to a prospective coach, that he might survive the change in Leadership there if he gets a winning season and Whatley gets the brass ring. BUT, the gorilla in the room is Ralph Wilson's health. When the Bills are sold, the new owner will want his people in place, and Brandon, Whatley etc etc can go out the window in a heartbeat. So, despite the prestige of the NFL head coaching job, there is the air of instability in the situation that will argue against a first choice coach taking the job. Be prepared for the possibility that the Bills will be disappointed wrt their first or second choices.

Whatley's participation in selecting the coach is critical, since he is heir apparent at GM. that would mean, to a prospective coach, that he might survive the change in Leadership there if he gets a winning season and Whatley gets the brass ring. BUT, the gorilla in the room is Ralph Wilson's health. When the Bills are sold, the new owner will want his people in place, and Brandon, Whatley etc etc can go out the window in a heartbeat. So, despite the prestige of the NFL head coaching job, there is the air of instability in the situation that will argue against a first choice coach taking the job. Be prepared for the possibility that the Bills will be disappointed wrt their first or second choices.

New owners don't make change just for change sake. If they inherit a winning team, they'll keep things status quo.

From Anonymous NFL executive on profootballweekly.com insider:

"(Cardinals head coach) Ken Whisenhunt is a great coach. His biggest problem is they didn’t solve the quarterback issue. I think they thought they had it figured out with (Kevin) Kolb. They should have known better.”