Russ Brandon named President/CEO

Wagon Circler

What exactly is a football guy? Brandon played football in college. Todd Haley was a golfer in college. Is Todd Haley not a football guy?

Brandon paid his dues and climbed the corporate ladder. He's a local guy so why not just respect the hustle?

Yea, like T.I. said :thumbsup:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you know what Fitz is. You knew where his ceiling is and it's not high enough.

I disagree BTW. I'm not a billiever in Fitz. Foles and Cousins each have much better arms than Fitz.

That's fine, we can agree to disagree. We're not that far apart anyways. Im not a believer in Fitz either. Im just not a believer in Foles or Cousins as well. They might have better arms, and they also might have other drawbacks.

I can't really think of any of his moves that have panned out.

Even CJ was ill advised, we could still have Lynch back there with FJ. (Though, at this point, CJ is probably better, still could have been used on a better/different player at a different position)

Not really sure why Nix has been given a pass. We've gotten worse, and most of his picks/signings have underperformed.

Yeah, What would the Bills do if they missed out on TJ Graham?

Leaving Wilson out of it, would you feel better about your team if the had Nick Foles or Kirk Cousins on the roster? I would.

What have either of those 2 players shown in the NFL that makes you think they are anything more then "Grass is always greener" players (i.e. guys that everyone thinks are better then what we have because they aren't surrently on the team)?

They started with trent edwards and moved on to Fitz who prior to his injury last year looked really good. They have had developmental guys here too that haven't worked out (Brian Brohm, Levi Brown), and this year even brought in Tavaris Jackson to look at. Its not that they haven't tried to upgrade the QB position, they just haven't tried very hard, or been successful getting a franchise guy, and they haven't gone about it how everyone wants them too (up until last years draft, everyone said they don't need a QB, Fitz was good enough, we needed a pass rush or something else first)

Russell Wilson was so a risky pick also. No one expected him to play like he did this season (he started out slow and was almost benched too), For every Wilson theres a Locker, or Gabbert, Ponder, or <insert mediocre QB here>. Fans really need to wait a year or 2 before annointing other teams QBs as failures of the Bills for not getting them. Every year there seems to be someone who comes out and gets everyone excited, because of their play for part of a season, and then they fizzle out once teams get a book on them and figure out how to stop them. look at Matt Cassell, Vicks old backup from the Eagles who went to the Cards, Aaron Rodgers backup who lost his job to Wilson in training camp this year, dereck Anderson on the Cards. Now everyone wants Cousins and Foles, who haven't even shown as much as everyones favorite Bills QB mistake Rob Johnson had prior to coming here

Who says Nix is getting a pass? His southern fried ass should have been fired when Gailey got canned.

I can't really think of any of his moves that have panned out.

Even CJ was ill advised, we could still have Lynch back there with FJ. (Though, at this point, CJ is probably better, still could have been used on a better/different player at a different position)

Not really sure why Nix has been given a pass. We've gotten worse, and most of his picks/signings have underperformed.

Fred Jackson is about done. Lynch has 3-4 solid years ahead of him.

What have either of those 2 players shown in the NFL that makes you think they are anything more then "Grass is always greener" players (i.e. guys that everyone thinks are better then what we have because they aren't surrently on the team)?

They started with trent edwards and moved on to Fitz who prior to his injury last year looked really good. They have had developmental guys here too that haven't worked out (Brian Brohm, Levi Brown), and this year even brought in Tavaris Jackson to look at. Its not that they haven't tried to upgrade the QB position, they just haven't tried very hard, or been successful getting a franchise guy, and they haven't gone about it how everyone wants them too (up until last years draft, everyone said they don't need a QB, Fitz was good enough, we needed a pass rush or something else first)

Russell Wilson was so a risky pick also. No one expected him to play like he did this season (he started out slow and was almost benched too), For every Wilson theres a Locker, or Gabbert, Ponder, or <insert mediocre QB here>. Fans really need to wait a year or 2 before annointing other teams QBs as failures of the Bills for not getting them. Every year there seems to be someone who comes out and gets everyone excited, because of their play for part of a season, and then they fizzle out once teams get a book on them and figure out how to stop them. look at Matt Cassell, Vicks old backup from the Eagles who went to the Cards, Aaron Rodgers backup who lost his job to Wilson in training camp this year, dereck Anderson on the Cards. Now everyone wants Cousins and Foles, who haven't even shown as much as everyones favorite Bills QB mistake Rob Johnson had prior to coming here

What have they shown? A deep ball. A 25 yard out. Throws our guy just can't make. Look, I'm not saying either of these jamokes are franchise type guys. It's still early. But when you have a guy like Fitz (and that's all) going into the draft, wouldn't you consider adding a prospect a high priority? Particularly when you can get GOOD prospects in the 3rd round.

I think Buddy would admit this is his biggest failing as a GM.

And the same members of the retard rodeo that are complaining that they traded Lynch away, or shouldn't have drafted Spiller cause we already had Lynch are the same ones who were screaming Lynch had to be moved because he was going to get suspended for a season and was a horrible human being (hits pedestrians, smokes weed, steals $20 from cops wives)

I tend to weigh the TJ Graham selection as the worst pick of the decade, by any team. Someone should be arrested for fraud for that pick! Or perhaps it was racketeering, extortion or blackmail? Sure, it's only a 3rd and a 7th, but it was just so OBVIOUS. The guy dropped 3 balls in the combine! Each one was perfectly placed on his hands!!! Seriously! Did Nix mistake TJ for TY Hilton?!? If he wasn't confused or defrauded, he should be fired.

And the same members of the retard rodeo that are complaining that they traded Lynch away, or shouldn't have drafted Spiller cause we already had Lynch are the same ones who were screaming Lynch had to be moved because he was going to get suspended for a season and was a horrible human being (hits pedestrians, smokes weed, steals $20 from cops wives)

I am the Mayor of that rodeo.

I tend to weigh the TJ Graham selection as the worst pick of the decade, by any team. Someone should be arrested for fraud for that pick! Or perhaps it was racketeering, extortion or blackmail? Sure, it's only a 3rd and a 7th, but it was just so OBVIOUS. The guy dropped 3 balls in the combine! Each one was perfectly placed on his hands!!! Seriously! Did Nix mistake TJ for TY Hilton?!? If he wasn't confused or defrauded, he should be fired.

Nix basically traded up to get a slight, undersized track star who can't catch. No LBs available in 3rd round?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630354

What have they shown? A deep ball. A 25 yard out. Throws our guy just can't make. Look, I'm not saying either of these jamokes are franchise type guys. It's still early. But when you have a guy like Fitz (and that's all) going into the draft, wouldn't you consider adding a prospect a high priority? Particularly when you can get GOOD prospects in the 3rd round.

I think Buddy would admit this is his biggest failing as a GM.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't go after a QB, or they don't need one, just that everyone is blaming Nix cause they don't have one in place already. Then they blame him already for not taking guys that haven't shown more then a seasons worth of stats.

And there are those that questioned Gailey for not starting TJ Graham week one.

wow, look at our roster prior to Nix coming in- we weren't exactly overflowing with quality. We are still missing the franchise QB although if we go get a number 2 wide reciever and a tight end and IF the defense doesnt give up 40 a game you can win with a Fitzpatrick or Matt Moore type. Who did we pass on who is ripping it up ?

The guys in the playoffs now