Please sign Levitre

Texas Hots

because they are trying to sign chris drury first

this situation makes me feel the exact same way. i can't be crushed like that again (although losing byrd and levitre wouldn't crush me or the team AS MUCH as that day did the sabres, I just can't handle it)

It has taken more years than I care to remember for this team to FINALLY build a decent offensive line. If they go and screw it up by letting the most consistent guy walk, then I just won't know what to say other than, "Check, please."

Levitre is probably going to command a big payday on the open market. It might be better to sign Byrd and franchise levitre

The numbers to tag Levitre are ridiculous. He is a good player but giving him starting tackle money (9 mil) through a franchise tag is heavily overpaying him. Byrd's number for a tag is about 6 million, much more realistic for his ability.

The numbers to tag Levitre are ridiculous. He is a good player but giving him starting tackle money (9 mil) through a franchise tag is heavily overpaying him. Byrd's number for a tag is about 6 million, much more realistic for his ability.

He's likely asking for roughly $8M per year on a long term deal anyway. The extra $1M for another year might be worth it.

Goodness, Jim Overdorf can only negotiate one contract at a time people. He's on Christmas vacation right now, but he'll be back after the season is over. Add to that the Bills just re-signed free agent to be Kraig Urbik to a long term deal. I mean, how much is enough for Bills fans?

;)

The AP article makes it seem like the Bills have not engaged in serious contract discussions with either Levitre or Byrd to this point. This does not make sense to me since it appears that at least Levitre wants to stay, unless the plan was to sign Urbik and let Levitre leave. Unfortunately, this may be the scenario we are facing because the Bills know that Levitre is going command a big contract given the recent deals for other quality guards in the NFL. As others have noted, tagging Byrd makes sense with the relatively low franchise tag number for safeties.

The AP article makes it seem like the Bills have not engaged in serious contract discussions with either Levitre or Byrd to this point. This does not make sense to me since it appears that at least Levitre wants to stay, unless the plan was to sign Urbik and let Levitre leave. Unfortunately, this may be the scenario we are facing because the Bills know that Levitre is going command a big contract given the recent deals for other quality guards in the NFL. As others have noted, tagging Byrd makes sense with the relatively low franchise tag number for safeties.

The Levitre matter is beginning to smell like the patented Ralph letting the player walk move. Because the guy needs or (should) be paid market value. How many have been free too walk over the decades? A couple are still in the league playing well. Edited by Best Player Available

the AP article doesn't make it seem like anything. the AP has reported that there have been no formal talks with Levitre and Byrd.

jw

we have sucked this entire millenium and then some. Levitre and Byrd are our two best players not named Spiller. If we let them walk and receive zero compensation(like Pat Williams, Clements,etc) we are even more incompetent then in the past. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results

the AP article doesn't make it seem like anything. the AP has reported that there have been no formal talks with Levitre and Byrd.

jw

I presume this is based on info. from either the players themselves or their agents. Is it possible that the sources leaked to the AP (jw?) for self serving reasons, and not out of an interest in telling the truth?