Pro Bowl announcements...

papazoid

If this isn't confirmation of just what a joke the entire Pro Bowl process has become then I don't know what is. Pro Bowl snubs are the LAST thing anyone around here should worry about. It's hard for me to feel bad that our guys weren't part of the joke.

GO BILLS!!!

For real...

Also, though none of ours made it there are those that are giving some of our players props: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117372/article/2013-pro-bowls-big-snubs-richard-sherman-robbed

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For real...

Also, though none of ours made it there are those that are giving some of our players props: http://www.nfl.com/n...-sherman-robbed

Don't agree with him on Kyle Williams especially this year I think Williams has been awful far to often. Byrd should've been a definite. Spiller is in the top 10 in yards from scrimmage should've been a definite as should Levitre.

For real...

Also, though none of ours made it there are those that are giving some of our players props: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117372/article/2013-pro-bowls-big-snubs-richard-sherman-robbed

Good article -

Still seems odd that they don't create a seperate 43 and 34 OLB for the sake if voting (no 43 olb could realistically ever get past a true pass rusher like ware - he's more valuable for surebut 43 olb deserve recognition too).

I'd be fine grouping safeties under one umbrella (which seems to go against my last half saying break out more positions)

Saturday is offensive though. I'm sure the nfl cringed when they saw him getting in. It'll be a topic of discussion a few times.

Its hard to argue that spiller deserves it when he doesn't even start on his own team. :-)

But it does make me want to throw up seeing all those players buddy passed on making the pro bowl. Ugh.

PS if Landry Jones made it by coaches vote.and not fan vote we.should totally pursue him in FA. We need a.stud hard hitting SS to scare some other teams guys. I still like William Moore tho

Edited by peterpan

PS if Landry Jones made it by coaches vote.and not fan vote we.should totally pursue him in FA. We need a.stud hard hitting SS to scare some other teams guys.

He can play SS too? Awesome. He definitely should be available to us come draft time. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

I actually look at being snubbed as a good thing, now Byrd and Levitre have less push against us in negotiations, now I just pray we can get them both back.

GO BILLS

Super Bowl or Bust!!!

or they both are saying....damn, i played my azz off and can't get noticed on this lousy team.....maybe best if i moved on....

I can't imagine, when all parties are at the table, either player's agent whipping out: "and....you know my guy was just selected to the Pro Bowl....so, ah, how about it.....?"

Teams and agents already have a number in mind and both know the Pro Bowl is a joke. It might be used a bonus in the player's next contract, but I doubt past PB selection is going to be a sticking point on the new contract value.

The number all parties have in mind is a guess at what the player's next team would pay him.

CJ is one of the best backs in the league. No one outside Bills Nation knows who Levitre or Byrd are, however, due to our having the fewest nationally televised games in the NFL--one!!!--so with a losing team like ours I doubt they'll be there.

I'm not exaggerating--the Steelers have been on in Atlanta every freaking week except one. Ridiculous programming, which continues to put the Bills in obscurity, further adding to players not wanting to come to this team, and further adding to our woeful record. Yeah, yeah, "winning will cure everything." They both have a cause and effect. Not the primary cause, of course, but a cause nonetheless.

If CJ doesn't make it, there's something seriously wrong with the committee who selects these players.

I can't imagine, when all parties are at the table, either player's agent whipping out: "and....you know my guy was just selected to the Pro Bowl....so, ah, how about it.....?"

Teams and agents already have a number in mind and both know the Pro Bowl is a joke. It might be used a bonus in the player's next contract, but I doubt past PB selection is going to be a sticking point on the new contract value.

The number all parties have in mind is a guess at what the player's next team would pay him.

The Pro Bowl might be a joke, but it's definitely used as a bargaining tool by players and their agents. The numbers that were bandied-about would increase if Byrd or Levitre made the Pro Bowl. This is obvious.

The Pro Bowl might be a joke, but it's definitely used as a bargaining tool by players and their agents. The numbers that were bandied-about would increase if Byrd or Levitre made the Pro Bowl. This is obvious.

i dont think its used quite in the manner that fans picture though. his play on the field was his play on the field and the award wouldnt substantially change that. its certainly a nice thing for him to be able to put on his resume and might squeeze a couple extra dollars, but it doesnt change who he is as a player.

CJ is one of the best backs in the league. No one outside Bills Nation knows who Levitre or Byrd are, however, due to our having the fewest nationally televised games in the NFL--one!!!--so with a losing team like ours I doubt they'll be there.

I'm not exaggerating--the Steelers have been on in Atlanta every freaking week except one. Ridiculous programming, which continues to put the Bills in obscurity, further adding to players not wanting to come to this team, and further adding to our woeful record. Yeah, yeah, "winning will cure everything." They both have a cause and effect. Not the primary cause, of course, but a cause nonetheless.

If CJ doesn't make it, there's something seriously wrong with the committee who selects these players.

Do you think the Bills should have more nationally televised games? No one cares about the Bills. Pittsburg is a nationally followed team. Can you blame the networks?

Do you think the Bills should have more nationally televised games? No one cares about the Bills. Pittsburg is a nationally followed team. Can you blame the networks?

How can we be a nationally-followed team without any national games?

How can Pittsburgh NOT be a nationally-followed team when they're on every freaking week?

Yes, I can blame the networks. I want to watch some teams outside the select few that the networks have chosen. The Cowboys are on almost as much as Pittsburgh. Both have similar records to ours. Insane programming.

I would probably bet that at least one of the Bills end up going, as every year players back out, until they get through the alternates to the guys that don't deserve to be there end up going. Now with the current stupid format of being before the Super Bowl, some of the best players will be playing in New Orleans so they will need replaced too. I think they still have to announce some alternates, wouldn't be surprised if Spiller is one fo them.

Edited by BuffBill