Looking at the 2013 Opponents and Schedule.......

billsfan714

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean next year is going to be a transition year either way, though. We could very well have a rookie quarterback starting, and a new coach. So we aren't EXPECTED to win right away anyways, but at least they'll get their tests early and often next season. Maybe we can surprise.

This year was our big chance at the playoffs with the schedule we had.

5 games against 2012 playoff teams and 8 against 2012 teams with non winning records. The sky is falling.

Pittsburgh got bit by the injury bug this year, Tomlin is a good coach and they'll be back. Saints will regroup after this year, and only the Chiefs and the Jets are likely to be clearly worse. If Gailey is the coach, 5 wins max, perhaps 4 if Rancid Futzpathetic is the QB. With a new coach and a new QB, they might make a play for 7. The tragedy of this year is the wasting of an incredibly easy schedule. I'm sure Gailey and Nix are nice guys who might make good company over a beer, but they are horribly over their heads in their present positions and the Bills' fans have been royally screwed over by the ineptness of this organization once again.

Each season is different form the year prior in the new NFL. Free agency tends to shift power in middle level teams quickly. SOme on next seasons schedule have major problems. Ravens have a good record but major questions about Flaco and an aging defense. Chiefs have no QB. Jets are in turmoil. Jags will be rebuilding and poss getting a new QB. Saints and Panthers have bad defenses. Steelers no running game and aging defense. With all that said...the Bills will be a 5 win team if no changes are made at QB and Head coach. If George Wilson, converted WR, playing safety makes 2 interceptions that is 2 more wins. Better coaching and belief in the kicker could have added 1 more. The Bills would be an 8 win team.

Ya know what. Back at the start of 1980 I looked at the schedule, and said my lord, the Bills won't win 5 games this year. They ended up in the playoffs because Chuck Knox came in 2 years earlier and changed the entire mentality of the team.

A different HC that knows how to win and everything changes...remember that!

I hate to say this but it looks like 6-10 or so again next year.

Home---Falcons, Patriots, Ravens, Bengals, Panthers, Chiefs, Jets and Miami

Away---Pittsburgh, Saints, Patriots, Tampa, Jaguars, Jets, Miami, Browns

I suppose an optimist could say 8-8 if we sweep the Jets and Dolphins but when is the last time that happened?

Its impossible to say how good or bad the teams will be...we were supposed to have one of the easiest schedules this year, but it turned out not to be so easy, as many of the teams that weren't that good last year(Indy and Seattle especially) turned out to be good...

Depending on dates, pretty sure I will be going to Saints, Piitsburgh, and Pats on the road .....Pats and Vengals at hone

We plan on the Saints trip as long as it is not around Christmas. And not thanksgiving weekend.

We can't beat and won't beat the Saints or Steelers next year, especially with SP back. And we won't have a good football team either

You cant envision a situation where we would beat those teams?

The steelers 2 best players (roethlisberger and polamalu) are constantly injured.

The saints have one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

Neither of those teams will be in the playoffs this year.

Fair enough.

Are you expecting a playoff caliber coach and QB to come waltzing into OBD?

If not, rinse and repeat.

I'm expecting a coach that will run the ball more, make better personnel choices in specific situations, trust his placekicker, and demonstrate better clock management.

I'm expecting a QB that can manage a game but has the arm strength to throw downfield.

I'm expecting better play from the LBs and continued improvement from the DL and DBs.

And I'm expecting that, if those things happen, Bflo will be good enough to contend for the playoffs. To start looking at next year's opponents now and trying to figure out who will win and who will lose specific games strikes me as more than just a little inane.

They play NFC SOUTH and AFC NORTH plus placement games.

at NEW Orleans, at Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Carolina

at Pittsburgh, at Cleveland, Cincinnati, Baltimore

AFC West :Kansas City

at AFC SOUTH at Jacksonvile

I doubt too many will travel to ATL!

Too many bad memories.