WGR reports 10 year lease

tito1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The agreement also includes the creation of a New Stadium Working Group and Fund to explore the potential for constructing a future new professional sports stadium in Western New York.

http://www.wkbw.com/...-184440131.html

The ultimate long term solution is a new venue.

In the interim:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Buffalo-Bills-Announce-Commitment-to-stay-in-WNY/97cdc0ef-e122-44ae-b3f7-350691c49189

Great News!!!

Glad deal got done. At the very least we got the Bills for 7 more yrs.

But now interested to see what they do with the withThe Ralph as far as Stadium upgrades . They had to do something about that next.

Yay......now about getting a QB.....lol

Edited by Bufcomments

Lets give Wilson some credit here...I lreally do ove the guy, sometimes dont love the way the organization gets run, but I'd love to see the Bills win it all in his lifetime-Despite his shortcomings as an owner sometimes...He does deserve that championship...Good Karma to Ralph!

This is anything but good news.

They are gone in 7 yrs. This almost guarantees it. It will take that long for RW to pass on and sell the team. Then it will take the new owner about 3 years to fight the State over a new stadium that he'll never get. When year 7 comes up, he cuts a meesley $29 million check and it's buh bye BUF. Worst lease evah!!

You kill me. So having a 7 year lease is not good news? If they didn't get this deal done, they had no lease at all. What a maroon. Some people can find negativity in anything. Just enjoy your football team for crying out loud. There is absolutely zero evidence that this team will ever move. And even if there was, what could we do about it? So why worry about it, EVER? Just enjoy having a team to root for in the next seven years and relax.

People here really think that theres not a group in LA thats ready to drop $1.5 Billion on a team?

The stadium IIRC already has the funding to be built once they get a commitment that a teams going to move there.

I'm sure theres a group that will have around $1.5 billion to spend to get a team when available. (+/-$800 mil for the team, $400 mil for the lease buyout, plus an extra $300 mil for other fees like the league relocation fee which I could see the league either waiving or making it within someones budget to get a team in LA where they want it)

People here really think that theres not a group in LA thats ready to drop $1.5 Billion on a team?

The stadium IIRC already has the funding to be built once they get a commitment that a teams going to move there.

I'm sure theres a group that will have around $1.5 billion to spend to get a team when available. (+/-$800 mil for the team, $400 mil for the lease buyout, plus an extra $300 mil for other fees like the league relocation fee which I could see the league either waiving or making it within someones budget to get a team in LA where they want it)

Haslam purchased the Browns for $1B+

hopefully san diego and st louis will aready be there within the next 7 years.

Never questioned any of that but rather if anybody in LA really cares or wants a team that they're willing to pay actual dollars to support. The Rams moved to smaller market St. Louis, the Raiders left choosing to go back to Oakland to an outdated facility (granted the LA Collesium was lacking too). So where's the grassroots fan support? There doesn't seem to be enough. And while a new facility might entice a team that in itself will not generate a lot of fan interest beyond the initial curiosity seekers.

Right now the NFL gets maximum exposure and revenue via TV (and cherry-picking the best games to broadcast) without spending a penny there. Its been about 20 years without a team, and if it takes 20 years to do something it should be obvious that putting a team in Los Angeles is not a high priority of the league.

Exactly. The value of the team would increase by moving it out of Buffalo to LA. Make up the 400 million right there in the climb of the value of the team..

With this lease it would cost a Los Angeles interest almost $2 billion dollars to move the Bills, when adding the lease violation and NFL relocation fees. Further, the Farmers Field stadium funding is contingent on having a team locked in. While it's not impossible for the Bills to move, this deal now makes the Bills a lot less attractive a target. The Raiders and Chargers are far more likely targets now.

You kill me. So having a 7 year lease is not good news? If they didn't get this deal done, they had no lease at all. What a maroon. Some people can find negativity in anything. Just enjoy your football team for crying out loud. There is absolutely zero evidence that this team will ever move. And even if there was, what could we do about it? So why worry about it, EVER? Just enjoy having a team to root for in the next seven years and relax.

The sun will explode eventually. :(

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The ultimate long term solution is a new venue.

In the interim:

http://www.buffalobi...f7-350691c49189

Great News!!!

I'm intrigued by the the creation of a west end plaza and concession improvements. The Bills could move the gates outward and build a ring of new concessions and bathrooms along the perimeter of the stadium. It will be a longer walk from your seat but considering the sardine-can-crush you get now it would be well worth it. I would also suggest the Bills lease space to existing WNY restaurants to set up shop inside the stadium. Might Taco, Schwabl's, Bocce Club, Anchor Bar, Pearl St Brewery, etc. Create a scaled down Patriot Place-style plaza where people would have the option of tailgating inside the stadium at a restaurant.

PTR