Nix needs to go

jahnyc

HIs drafting has been poor. LBs, corners and WRs (other than S. Johnson) are terrible. He has drafted a lot of LBs (Bradham, Batten, Moats, White, Sheppard and Tank) and CBs (Rogers, Gilmore, A. Williams, and Brooks) with little or no success. The best players on the team (Byrd, Wood, Levitre, S. Johnson and K. Williams) were drafted before he became GM. He has missed big with Troupe, Carrington, A. Williams, Sheppard and Graham, which hurts tremendously, since these players were drafted relatively early in the draft. The only player Nix drafted who has met expectations is Spiller.

His comments about needing a QB now, and the timing of these comments, have been bizarre. M. Williams may turn out to be a good free agent acquisition, but Anderson has been a bust, and Nix also wanted Meacham, who has been a disaster for the Chargers. Byrd, Levitre, Urbik, Moore, Johnson, McKelvin and Rhinehart (among others) are free agents after the season, which means the Bills will have some holes to fill on top of the holes they already have. One more offseason will not fix all of these problems.

If Nix does go, I would expect that they hire Whaley as GM. Not sure this would be a good thing, but it would be the typical and easy thing for the Bills to do.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would welcome giving Whaley the job immediately as well. Only 2 small disagreements with your post: I still hold out some hope for Carrington; he seems to be improving a bit this season, and I wouldn't call Anderson a bust yet since we've seen so little of him here before he got injured.

Other than that, spot on.

I would welcome giving Whaley the job immediately as well. Only 2 small disagreements with your post: I still hold out some hope for Carrington; he seems to be improving a bit this season, and I wouldn't call Anderson a bust yet since we've seen so little of him here before he got injured.

Other than that, spot on.

this

Golimore, Glenn and Bradham look good. Dareus has had a rough year with the death of his brother which he admitted made it hard to play but has been better of late.

But overall Nix could have done way better than he has, and really dropped the ball hoping Fitz would be the answer. Even if you think he is the guy you still bring in guys that can challenge him so that they can make him work harder or take over if he isn't the answer.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Golimore, Glenn and Bradham look good. Dareus has had a rough year with the death of his brother which he admitted made it hard to play but has been better of late.

But overall Nix could have done way better than he has, and really dropped the ball hoping Fitz would be the answer. Even if you think he is the guy you still bring in guys that can challenge him so that they can make him work harder or take over if he isn't the answer.

If the standard for "good" is serviceable starter, then, yes, the above three are "good." I think Glenn will return the the early season form he had, but Bradham and Gilmore haven't been "good," but slightly below-average.

I would offer the GM job to Bill Polian. If he took it I'd tell him to fix the Bills and then get out of the way.

What makes you think this Whaley cat could pick better players?

Whaley's cred comes from his time in Pittsburgh. That, and he's not 75 years old.

I agree, get him the !@#$ out of here.

He's missed in every round after the teams first selection, Glenn will probably end up being the lone selection. Passed up talents like Dunlap, Hernandez, Gronk, Sean Lee, Navarro Bowman, Geno Atkins, Russell Wilson, Kaepernick, Dalton, Rudolph, Culliver, Torrey Smith, Randall Cobb, on and on and on.

We have nothing to show after the first round, Glenn is the exception. Get him the !@#$ out of here.

We got all the Russell Wilson we could handle yesterday.....kid is a rookie......Look at waht Kaep did at Gillette (4 TD's and a win in the hardest road stadium)......first year starter. Dalton in his 2nd year looks like a 10 year vet out there and Cousins was icing on the Skins cake after they had balls to go get a rare talent.

All there for us...we opted to draft otherwise.

Buddy stuck to BPA.....and his value charts.....stubborn old behavior in a young mans game. I am no longer convinced we are on the way up with Buddy as a GM.

Please step down.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

HIs drafting has been poor. LBs, corners and WRs (other than S. Johnson) are terrible. He has drafted a lot of LBs (Bradham, Batten, Moats, White, Sheppard and Tank) and CBs (Rogers, Gilmore, A. Williams, and Brooks) with little or no success. The best players on the team (Byrd, Wood, Levitre, S. Johnson and K. Williams) were drafted before he became GM. He has missed big with Troupe, Carrington, A. Williams, Sheppard and Graham, which hurts tremendously, since these players were drafted relatively early in the draft. The only player Nix drafted who has met expectations is Spiller.

His comments about needing a QB now, and the timing of these comments, have been bizarre. M. Williams may turn out to be a good free agent acquisition, but Anderson has been a bust, and Nix also wanted Meacham, who has been a disaster for the Chargers. Byrd, Levitre, Urbik, Moore, Johnson, McKelvin and Rhinehart (among others) are free agents after the season, which means the Bills will have some holes to fill on top of the holes they already have. One more offseason will not fix all of these problems.

If Nix does go, I would expect that they hire Whaley as GM. Not sure this would be a good thing, but it would be the typical and easy thing for the Bills to do.

Great, great post!

So many posters here are still stuck in "Nix inherited a team with no talent" and "Nix drafts well". All obviously completely untrue.

I don't know anything about Whaley or what he's actually done, other than having been employed by the Steelers, but at this point, if this is the best we can get, then dump Buddy's cornpone azz right now.

Totally agree Throw the checkbook at Polian and give him complete and total control, and things have to get better (can they get worse?). If you hire Polian, I think the chance of the Bills luring in a "real" NFL head coach greatly improve. Who wants to come here the way it is? All we will get is another unwanted, unsuccessful retread like Gailey or an unproven coordinator, and that works about 10% of the time in this league.

Where are the Pro Bowlers Nix has drafted? With 6 picks in the first three rounds of the 2010-11 drafts, only perhaps Spiller is worthy of any mention. Troup, Carrington, Dareus, A. Williams, and Sheppard are all either ineffective starters or backups.

He's failed to deliver on draft day for a guy people lauded as a top talent evaluator. And that's why this team is on the merry-go round of failure. One more draft won't make this any better, nor will more UFA spending. This issue goes so much deeper it'll take an underwater drill to reach.

The case against nix is SO strong.

Even look at Dareus. Where was he on JJ Watt or Aldon SMith? Sure average fans like us may have took Dareus, but isnt a man with a million dollar salary to lead the FO of one of only 32 NFL teams supposed to be smart enough to see the difference in how those three players play? You could add AJ Green or Julio Jones to the list too.

It seems every team in the early part of that draft got a future HOFer and we got just an average starter.

Then he took troup too. I mean really? Over Gronk? B Spikes? L Houston? Even Cam Thomas who went in the 4th or 5th is a much better NT.

Id sure rather have Kaep or Dalton over A WIlliams.

Sheppard - he cant be very good with how bad our rush D is. Where was he on Mason Foster, who was taken just after Shepp and is vastly superior?

He was on the staff when we took Maybin - how did he let that happen??

Lynch is one of the best RBs in the legaue and all we have to show for him is a backup right tackle....

Then he hired Chan - who sucks.

There is no need for me to go on, you simply cannot make ALL of those mistakes and expect to win in the NFL. Two or three of this decisions the other way and this team is amazing. Imagine if we took Gronk, Dalton/Kaep, and Watt instead of who we did. We are making the playoffs this year even with the bumbling idiot at HC.

Edited by peterpan

Nix isn't the reason this team is a failure though he's certainly a part of it. At the end of the day, through all the regimes of the past 15 years at One Bills Drive, there is but one constant: Ralph Wilson. His leadership breeds all kinds of cancers within the organization. Until he's gone, we will get continue to get the same terrible product.

With that being said, losing Chan is a no-brainer. He's proven again and again this year that he is not an NFL caliber coach. He proved, before that, that he's not a D1 coach. He's been passed by, at lightspeed, by the game.

They may not hit the reset button this offseason but they should, yet again. I will not renew my season tickets and continue to support a failing organization that has but one constant since its inception.

Edited by TroutDog