Elementary school shootings in CT: Principal, multiple students killed

These gun nuts would rather die, or kill everyone, rather than stop insane people from being able to do this. this is crazy, and the politics that created this is crazy!

" ... The guns used in the shooting were legally purchased ..."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/connecticut-shooting-adam-lanza-2012-12#ixzz2F523i69N

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this for gun control: if you own a gun, do your part to keep it in your own control. In this case mom keeping it secure would've seemingly done more than psych testing for buyers, or wait periods or.... as he never purchased the weapon in the first place. If early reports are correct of course

Yet, you are trying to serve as a "gatekeeper" of this forum......and I am the prick? Ok. You must feel entitled to this gatekeeper position you so actively seek, no?

Regarding, your claim of my reading comprehension problem, condescending post, etc.....I have one word for you......mirror. You are self-absorbed and you do not realize you sound petty, entitled, and desperate. You are in the deep-end son. I suggest swimming to the side; quickly.

the two of you should just chill or take it to PM... seriously.

Yet, you are trying to serve as a "gatekeeper" of this forum......and I am the prick? Ok. You must feel entitled to this gatekeeper position you so actively seek, no?

Regarding, your claim of my reading comprehension problem, condescending post, etc.....I have one word for you......mirror. You are self-absorbed and you do not realize you sound petty, entitled, and desperate. You are in the deep-end son. I suggest swimming to the side; quickly.

You certainly have a reading comprehension problem. You made it sound as if many people were posting similar to NJ. I asked you to name them all. You are a condescending prick, passing out your approvals of other posters. I doubt we'll be having much discussion in the future.

agree with this

"After a shooting spree," author William Burroughs once said, "they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it." Burroughs continued: "I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."

Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking, but in practice, of course, killers aren't stopped by gun-free zones. As always, it's the honest people — the very ones you want to be armed — who tend to obey the law.

agree with this

"After a shooting spree," author William Burroughs once said, "they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it." Burroughs continued: "I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."

Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking, but in practice, of course, killers aren't stopped by gun-free zones. As always, it's the honest people — the very ones you want to be armed — who tend to obey the law.

Burroughs was a notorious junkie.

Seems pretty relevant to me. He was a known paranoid from years of ingesting controlled substances. Makes sense that he'd fear the Police State. He was a loon.

Besides him, can you point to what you disagree with in the quote ?

or should we just stick with the diversion.....................

Besides him, can you point to what you disagree with in the quote ?

or should we just stick with the diversion.....................

Sure. He is empirically wrong. Democratic societies with strict gun control, like the U.K. and Canada, have less gun violence, and very few - like close to zero - incidents of the cops and military massacring their own citizens.

Sure. He is empirically wrong. Democratic societies with strict gun control, like the U.K. and Canada, have less gun violence, and very few - like close to zero - incidents of the cops and military massacring their own citizens.

"Nothing to see here!", says NRA guy. "It's inappropriate to use this tragedy to further your pinko agenda!" Blah, blah, blah...

How dare you site facts from non-Merican countries!

Edited by Gene Frenkle

Do you think that there may be other factors contributing to the non-statistics that you quoted? I'll just throw one out there. How do demographics affect gun violence rates in various countries?