Anyone Want a Flat Screen?

Chef Jim

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LN55B650-55-Inch-1080p-Touch/dp/B001WHICF0/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345679724&sr=1-3&keywords=Samsung+LN55B650+55-Inch+1080p+120+Hz+LCD+HDTV+with+Red+Touch+of+Color

Anyone want to buy or swap out for this TV? I have it all packed up and ready to go. It was sold for $1200 before the buyer got all douchy and I had to intercept delivery

You're always the first one to comment that file sharing is stealing, right? So you'll be returning this to Amazon immediately?

Put it on the porch to be picked up this morning so you can STFU now.

hypocrisy has it's own elegant symmetry

And you can too.

Put it on the porch to be picked up this morning so you can STFU now.

How does anyone who has read your posts here think you would do anything other than this? Hell, let's take honesty out of the equation. Only a dumbass would hold onto or re-sell a plasma TV sent to them by mistake and think that no one would ultimately be the wiser.

You're a lot of things, but a dumbass ain't one of them.

Jesus.

you gotta be KIDDING ME....seriously, you "did the right thing"? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

give this man an award for "Honest Person of the Year"

First off it's the right thing to do and I got my TV last week so I don't need two. Also if I sold it I would get no more than $500 so what's the point. Why risk selling it and them hearing from Amazon down the road.

How does anyone who has read your posts here think you would do anything other than this? Hell, let's take honesty out of the equation. Only a dumbass would hold onto or re-sell a plasma TV sent to them by mistake and think that no one would ultimately be the wiser.

Legally speaking, if they really did accidentally ship him two televisions, he's under no obligation to send one back; the FTC considers it a "gift." That said, the "moral" thing to do is to send it back.

(I had a situation where Dell delayed an order I placed well over 30 days -- then after the order was supposed to be cancelled, they shipped it anyway. I contacted them about sending it back - either refusing shipment or accepting the package and shipping it back -- they told me to accept the package and then call them to discuss restocking fees. :wallbash: The funny part was that they're the ones that provided me the link to FTC regulations that said it was mine if I wanted; I was just trying to do the right thing too.)

If it was shipped via USPS you can keep it by law.

UPS or FEDEX not the same.

That's not what the FTC website says:

http://www.ftc.gov/b...s/adv/bus02.pdf

Whether or not the Rule is involved, in any approval or other sale you must obtain the customer’s prior express agreement to receive the merchandise. Otherwise the merchandise may be treated as unordered merchandise. It is unlawful to:

Send any merchandise by any means without the express request of the recipient (unless the merchandise is clearly identified as a gift, free sample, or the like); or,

• Try to obtain payment for or the return of the unordered merchandise.

Moreover, customers who receive unordered merchandise are legally entitled to treat the merchandise as a gift. Using the U.S. mails to ship unordered merchandise also violates the Postal laws.

Again, the rules are in place to stop companies from sending you something and demanding payment for it (or forcing you to return it at your cost if you don't buy it), and isn't really to cover accidental shipments like this TV incident, and I'm sure Amazon was more than happy to get their product back without charging anything extra. :)

That's not what the FTC website says:

http://www.ftc.gov/b...s/adv/bus02.pdf

Again, the rules are in place to stop companies from sending you something and demanding payment for it (or forcing you to return it at your cost if you don't buy it), and isn't really to cover accidental shipments like this TV incident, and I'm sure Amazon was more than happy to get their product back without charging anything extra. :)

Didn't know FTC was involved. I was aware of USPS rules.

So many upstanding citizens in this world! Chef your the man, that 2nd TV would be somewhere else in my house or sold for a couple hundred bucks.

Must be making a pretty penny cooking whatever it is you cook. Good for you my man.

I cook the books. :devil: