Eagles meltdown continues (new details)

NoSaint

I am hoping Jeff Lurie fires Reid, and the Bills make him the head coach next year.

We could also try to pick up Philip Rivers (he's on the hot seat in San Diego), and STILL draft for a quarterback...

No to Reid (great guy but no fire in his belly from the looks of him. He's had success but I'd rather look for a young up and comer)

No to Rivers...nope, nope, nope

I've had a lot of fun in Philly but I love that this is the team their sports fans get. They're awful. The Eagles are doing Reid a favor in firing him. He'll probably go to SD and turn rivers into a league MVP.

i hear ya! these fans here are the most fickle there are.. i think reid will be glad he is outta here.. he has made mistakes, but between his family problems and this, i feel for the guy..

No to Reid (great guy but no fire in his belly from the looks of him. He's had success but I'd rather look for a young up and comer)

Truth be told, the man has been through way too much in his personal life to have the heart to coach anymore. You can see it in his body language this year. I'd hate to make assumptions but you have to wonder if the thought crosses his mind that his dedication to coaching is what's caused his family life to be what it is.

A good example would be Tony Dungy. He walked from the game as a coach because he felt he sacrificed too much for it.

Philly fans are some of the most fair-weathered fans in all of sports. Half empty stadiums now for a team that went to the playoffs 9 out of 14 seasons under Reid.

Andy Reid should have taken the season off after losing his son. You need to mourn and recover from that loss. You can't simply ignore it or put it on the life credit card and pay it later. I see a shell of a man on the sidelines that has no heart for football right now.

I think he'll coach again,but if he's smart, he'll take a year off from the sidelines.

Not good when your d line coach openly mocks and ignores his coordinator. Begins to become clear where the issues coming from.

http://profootballta...ont-of-players/

Not a good situation in beagletown. But, anytime a coach fires another coach in the parking lot after a game during a season the eagles are having. I respect that. They want to improve. Much more than the mindless tow the line corporate babble coming out of Nix/Gailey's mouths every week. Unless of course they get hot and beat the dregs of the league like yesterday, and get another week's pass.

Philly fans are some of the most fair-weathered fans in all of sports. Half empty stadiums now for a team that went to the playoffs 9 out of 14 seasons under Reid 8 out of 10 seasons with McNabb.

I think he'll coach again,but if he's smart, he'll take a year off from the sidelines.

Fixed that for you.

Not a good situation in beagletown. But, anytime a coach fires another coach in the parking lot after a game during a season the eagles are having. I respect that. They want to improve. Much more than the mindless tow the line corporate babble coming out of Nix/Gailey's mouths every week. Unless of course they get hot and beat the dregs of the league like yesterday, and get another week's pass.

I just don't get the need for Reid. HE assembled this team. HE brought in these FA's. HE brought in Vick. HE made his O-line coach the DC--then he threw this poor guy, who had been with the team for 18 years, under the bus in a most shameful attempt at saving his own loosely hanging skin.

This guy is a fraud top to bottom. He has finally been completely exposed. I would rather keep Chan.

Fixed that for you.

I just don't get the need for Reid. HE assembled this team. HE brought in these FA's. HE brought in Vick. HE made his O-line coach the DC--then he threw this poor guy, who had been with the team for 18 years, under the bus in a most shameful attempt at saving his own loosely hanging skin.

This guy is a fraud top to bottom. He has finally been completely exposed. I would rather keep Chan.

I didn't post that as a endorsement of Reid. I wanted to point out that in the league some teams will fire coaches, anywhere, anytime.

I respect that more than the Bills approach lately.

I am hoping Jeff Lurie fires Reid, and the Bills make him the head coach next year.

We could also try to pick up Philip Rivers (he's on the hot seat in San Diego), and STILL draft for a quarterback...

Login and listen to Philly sports radio sometime and you will change your mind about Reid. He is WAY on the downside of his career

he looked bad on the sidelines last night. Can't believe hes only 54, thought he looked much older " ... Andrew Walter "Andy" Reid (born March 19, 1958) is the head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles of the NFL ..."

Fixed that for you.

Chan is way overhead. The best your gonna get maybe is 8-8

Login and listen to Philly sports radio sometime and you will change your mind about Reid. He is WAY on the downside of his career

A change of scenery will help Reid.

No to Andy, no to Rivers. Reid's personal life has left him in a very tough spot. He needs to step away from the game for at least a year and focus on what matters;family. Rivers' penchant for tossing INT's into the End Zone has become a habit, and that's not one that is desirable as a NFL QB. Maybe a change of locale would help, but I doubt it. He looks fragile. Love that arm, love that swagger, hate the on-field performance.