Gailey- Fitz is the guy for us- full quote in first post

theesir

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gailey's in survival mode now. He and Nix tied their futures to Fitzpatrick and will be called to RW's house at some point soon after the season ends to explain themselves. What matters is what they both say to RW.

Good thing this is a QB heavy draft. ;)

No matter how they spin it, you simply cannot market/sell a 2013 Bills team with Chan and Fitz back and no 1st/2nd round QB on the roster. They could try, but season tickets will drop by at least 15k. That will get ralphie's/littman's attention, if nothing else on the field will.

My Lord, what is he supposed to say? Fitz sucks but he is my my starter for now?

Gailey still trying to win games, he needs his QB to help him do that

What's he supposed to say? Mama always said - if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all - not taking about it at all would have been a good move.

What do you expect him to say? Cut his QB off at the knees in the middle of the season? How does that help? I doubt any of us has any idea what he really thinks. He is playing with cards he is dealt. Fitz is the best and only option on the roster for now.

Considering earlier this week Chan said Fitz isn't allowed to audible because he may give the ball to CJ and Fitz doesn't know how many times he (Chan) wants CJ to get the ball, I think Chan should just stop talking all together.

Edited by theesir

What's he supposed to say? Mama always said - if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all - not taking about it at all would have been a good move.

I thought Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.

GO BILLS!!!

really. I got the opposite impression. That Chan has the next 2 years here and most likely Fitz will be our QB

I did get that impression as well...it's just him being positive, saying he'll be here with Futz as QB and the winning will come!

Odds are it won't.

I believe Chan only signed a 3 year deal, which means his contract is up after the 2012 season.

If he does stay here...Bilicheat and every coach in the NFL would love it!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

For all those asking "What is he supposed to say?", the answer is either:

1) NOTHING. or

2) since our QB !@#$ing loses us games, maybe let the fan base know "we are looking at all options." I understand we don't have a ton of current options but say SOMETHING other than he is your guy for the FUTURE!!?!?

!@#$ us.

No matter how they spin it, you simply cannot market/sell a 2013 Bills team with Chan and Fitz back and no 1st/2nd round QB on the roster. They could try, but season tickets will drop by at least 15k. That will get ralphie's/littman's attention, if nothing else on the field will.

Oh definitely. But the ST sales numbers won't be known when Nix, Gailey, et al are summoned to meet RW. Perhaps Brandon will interject there with predictions. Still, there ain't no one coming to the rescue, because I don't think anyone has the nerve to tell the owner they have no candidates if the HC or GM is/are fired.

fix the other pieces....like getting him #2 actual NFL receiver I've seen teams with 3 even 4 nfl caliber wideouts and an athletic tight end. We have Stevie and then the bottom falls out. Why is it so hard to understand we are not their (playoffs) as a roster yet ? Switch the QB ya switch the QB ....gonna take a step back before taking two forward in 2013. As far as he loses us games...pa lease child. Are you 12 years old - blame the quarterback, I can remember when fans were calling for Reich to start over Kelly. Does anyone really thinkj if we had the best qb in the league we are any better than 5-6.

Edited by CardinalScotts

fix the other pieces....like getting him #2 actual NFL receiver I've seen teams with 3 even 4 nfl caliber wideouts and an athletic tight end. We have Stevie and then the bottom falls out. Why is it so hard to understand we are not their (playoffs) as a roster yet ? Switch the QB ya switch the QB ....gonna take a step back before taking two forward in 2013.

:thumbdown: only a very small handful think this.....luckily for you Gailey is one of them.

Exactly. People completely overreact to soundbites. Gailey needs to win as many games as possible to keep his job and Fitz is the best option right now. If he comes out and says I can't wait until the season is over to draft a QB who can actually throw the ball past 10 yards, Fitz would have 0 confidence.

Btw, is that Omar? I wish the Bills has someone with Omar's mentality.

what he said

I believe Chan only signed a 3 year deal, which means his contract is up after the 2012 season.

That is what we all thought, but didn't something come out recently (something Nix said?) to contradict this 3-year deal thing?

Maybe they signed a secret extension, you know, so no other team can steal Chan away from us...