Fitzpatrick has to be in top three

gjv001

Our QB has to be one of the top three most inaccurate QB's in the NFL. I don't

envision Fitzpatrick being on next years team. There is no way the Bills can sell

playoff hopes for next years team with Fitzpatrick's erratic passing.

Our QB has to be one of the top three most inaccurate QB's in the NFL. I don't

envision Fitzpatrick being on next years team. There is no way the Bills can sell

playoff hopes for next years team with Fitzpatrick's erratic passing.

Well, Luck is in the bottom 4....but Fitz's completion percentage is right in th middle of all starters, ahead of E Manning, Stafford, Cutler, Flacco, Freeman,......

He has fewer ints than Romo, Rivers and Ryan. He has the same number of ints as E Manning and Culter, but more TDs than either of them.

Edited by Mr. WEO

I don't have the facts, but I have a strong feeling his accuracy on passed over ten yards is less than 50% ... the screens and short slants and crossing patterns that Chan loves, keep his numbers up, but hitting guys downfield--like the three wide-open ones he missed yesterday--not his thing.

And FILTHYMCNASTY08:"Vick + Tarvaris + 2 rookies from the draft and one more prospect (UFA or cheap pick up)

Thats realistically what I would like to see at training camp next summer."

You obviously have not watched any Eagles games this year, you think Fitz is inconsistent?

Edited by CSBill

I'm not making ANY excuses for the "goat-ee". Fitz plays well then he CHOKES. Putting aside accuracy for a moment - What about all of the drops yesterday? I recall at least 3 that would have given the Bills a 1st down.

What of Chan not throwing the flag on the fumble at the 2 yard line late in the game?

What of ANOTHER kick return for a TD?

This was A team loss.

Well, Luck is in the bottom 4....but Fitz's completion percentage is right in th middle of all starters, ahead of E Manning, Stafford, Cutler, Flacco, Freeman,......

He has fewer ints than Romo, Rivers and Ryan. He has the same number of ints as E Manning and Culter, but more TDs than either of them.

What are you saying WEO ? 4 more years of fitz !

He's terrible puuuuurrriod. Told y'all this a season and a half ago.

Rag arm w no accuracy to be qb1 ? Brilliant !

Gailey and Fitz hit the road jack, enough of this

If stats told the whole story then Fitz would be great and the Bills would be cruising into the playoffs.

But they don't and Fitz still sucks and so do the Bills. I couldn't name 5 starting QBs in the NFL worse than Fitz, and I could name 5 backups I would rather have right now over Fitz. I am 100% serious when I say there are at least 32 QBs in the league right now I would rather have, whether bc they are simply better or because they are young and have potential.

Edited by peterpan

I like Fitz. I think everyone on this board would like to have a beer with the guy. He tries hard, he cares, he probably doesn't kick his dog.

That said if I have to watch him stand in the pocket, set his feet, and overthrow another wide open WR ready to take it to the house I'm getting a fitz voodoo doll and throwing it into traffic.

this team has so many issues i don't know where to begin:

1. it all starts with chan - he relies on the passing game way too much.

2. we don't have a true #1 WR/premier WR. SJ's catch yesterday should've been taken to the house being that he had 3 steps on the DB. Our WR had like 3 drops yesterday to boot.

3. our LB's are piss-poor.

4. Fitz is too inconsistent...he'll hit 8 or 9 in a row and then he'll go 2 - 12.

5. Our O-line can't pass protect for longer than 2.5 seconds.

6. Our O-line has no balls and can never convert a 3rd and short. We're soft.

7. We have a kicker who apparently can't even attempt a 50yd FG in a !@#$ING DOME?? :sick:

our heavy use of screen passes inflate his completion percentage and passing yards. I'm not saying all screen passes are easy throws, but Fitz's downfield accuracy is brutal and everyone knows it including him.

he missed a wide open Spiller and Donald Jones for long TD's yesterday and cost us the game on a day when our defense gave us the chance to save the season.

on top of that he's not even seeing he field well, so LB's and safeties are getting picks just standing in their spot and waiting like our last 2 games with NE and the pick to the Indy LB. Inaccuracy plus poor vision = nightmare.

Fitz seems like the kind of guy you would want your daughter to marry. Although that makes him extremely likeable as a man, it doesn't do enough to make him a top NFL QB. Up until now, I have rooted for Fitz to suceed and still do. However, it is now clear to me, that despite how much I might hope Fitz can be the guy for the Bills, it just is not going to happen.

What are you saying WEO ? 4 more years of fitz !

He's terrible puuuuurrriod. Told y'all this a season and a half ago.

Rag arm w no accuracy to be qb1 ? Brilliant !

Gailey and Fitz hit the road jack, enough of this

No, not 4 more years of Fitz. Not at all. Just pointing out the inaccuracy of the OP's thread.

A year and a half or so ago, we were 5-2. I don't recall many saying we had to get rid of Fitz back then.

If stats told the whole story then Fitz would be great and the Bills would be cruising into the playoffs.

But they don't and Fitz still sucks and so do the Bills. I couldn't name 5 starting QBs in the NFL worse than Fitz, and I could name 5 backups I would rather have right now over Fitz. I am 100% serious when I say there are at least 32 QBs in the league right now I would rather have, whether bc they are simply better or because they are young and have potential.

Here, let me help you:

Matt Cassel

Blaine Gabbert

Brandon Weeden

Mark Sanchez

Skelton/Kolb

and I'll throw in Vick because he is truly awful.

No, not 4 more years of Fitz. Not at all. Just pointing out the inaccuracy of the OP's thread.

A year and a half or so ago, we were 5-2. I don't recall many saying we had to get rid of Fitz back then.

Here, let me help you:

Matt Cassel

Blaine Gabbert

Brandon Weeden

Mark Sanchez

Skelton/Kolb

Everything has to be the worst/ best ever right this second. Is Fitz that accurate? No. But holy hyperbole. He isn't even the least accurate Bills QB in the last 5 years, Losman.

I'm not making ANY excuses for the "goat-ee". Fitz plays well then he CHOKES. Putting aside accuracy for a moment - What about all of the drops yesterday? I recall at least 3 that would have given the Bills a 1st down.

What of Chan not throwing the flag on the fumble at the 2 yard line late in the game?

What of ANOTHER kick return for a TD?

This was A team loss.

I thought the same thing but wasn't it under 2:00 min left? I think under 2 Min the replays are handled by the booth and out of the coaches hands.

Let's face some facts,

Chan Gailey is a loser and he doesn't know how to win at the top college or NFL level. Granted he went to bowl games in his 6 years while at GT, he never once beat the teams biggest rival in the Georgia Bulldogs. Buffalo Bills record under Gailey is an abysmal, 14-28 .333%.

Gailey doesn't know the difference between a decent DC, and a horrifically inept one. He should have hired a proper OC to call plays and direct him instead of trying to run the entire offense himself

Ryan Fitzpatrick has always played on bad teams, and STILL doesn't have a decent enough supporting cast or a play caller willing to setup an offense to help him win.He has one main option in the passing game in 7th round WR Stevie Johnson. I love SJ but he is currently ranked #26 in yards this year. The Bills passing offense regressed this season with a new QB coach screwing with Fitz's technique and mechanics.

Gailey still refuses to get the most out of his best players and limits the touches he gives Spiller and Fred Jackson, when he openly stated he should give the pair 40 touches a game and then gives them half of that amount.

I can only wonder how good that Bills offense would have become had the Bills spent all those draft picks on offensive players instead of all the defensive players they drafted the last 3 years. I have to think that the Bills defense has been so bad the last 3 years they set franchise and NFL records for being bad despite all those draft picks. I doubt they could be any worse then they currently are.

The QB is usually only as good as his supporting cast, coaches, players scheme, game plan. Fitz isn't the only thing that sucks on this team.

Here, let me help you:

Matt Cassel

Blaine Gabbert

Brandon Weeden

Mark Sanchez

Skelton/Kolb

Disagree on Weeden, but the other 4 are spot on IMO. Weeden's got some upside, he might end up as a good QB (even though his social security will kick in before his career ends)

Let's face some facts,

Chan Gailey is a loser and he doesn't know how to win at the top college or NFL level. Granted he went to bowl games in his 6 years while at GT, he never once beat the teams biggest rival in the Georgia Bulldogs. Buffalo Bills record under Gailey is an abysmal, 14-28 .333%.

Gailey doesn't know the difference between a decent DC, and a horrifically inept one. He should have hired a proper OC to call plays and direct him instead of trying to run the entire offense himself

Ryan Fitzpatrick has always played on bad teams, and STILL doesn't have a decent enough supporting cast or a play caller willing to setup an offense to help him win.He has one main option in the passing game in 7th round WR Stevie Johnson. I love SJ but he is currently ranked #26 in yards this year. The Bills passing offense regressed this season with a new QB coach screwing with Fitz's technique and mechanics.

Gailey still refuses to get the most out of his best players and limits the touches he gives Spiller and Fred Jackson, when he openly stated he should give the pair 40 touches a game and then gives them half of that amount.

I can only wonder how good that Bills offense would have become had the Bills spent all those draft picks on offensive players instead of all the defensive players they drafted the last 3 years. I have to think that the Bills defense has been so bad the last 3 years they set franchise and NFL records for being bad despite all those draft picks. I doubt they could be any worse then they currently are.

The QB is usually only as good as his supporting cast, coaches, players scheme, game plan. Fitz isn't the only thing that sucks on this team.

A great QB will also elevate the players around him.

Let's face some facts,

The Colts are going from ZERO to playoffs in 1 player. Please....stop defending Fitz.

This might sound like crazy talk to some, but while I see Fitzpatrick as a lower tier QB, I do think he's better than Sam Bradford. Has anyone watched him? He strikes me as wooden and robotic, and he's clearly not a leader of men. There's no inventiveness in his game. Maybe that will change, but right now I think he's headed for a career of mediocrity.

I'm guessing he wouldn't have them at 4 - 7. Now that the defense is improving, who is your new, non-Fitz scapegoat going to be?

Defense improving? Haha. They let a rookie QB go almost 50% on 3rd downs, some of them 9, 11, 17 yards to go. Yeah they are improving alright.

Defense improving? Haha. They let a rookie QB go almost 50% on 3rd downs, some of them 9, 11, 17 yards to go. Yeah they are improving alright.

Yet they held Indy to 13 points. You spouted about how many points the offense was scoring and losing....well, how many points does the defense have to hold teams to to win? Your man Fitz looked oh so awesome yet again. Two sure TD's missed on sideline passes yet again.

Yet they held Indy to 13 points. You spouted about how many points the offense was scoring and losing....well, how many points does the defense have to hold teams to to win? Your man Fitz looked oh so awesome yet again. Two sure TD's missed on sideline passes yet again.

Well, let's se.....against the Jets and NE (1st game), anything under 4 TDs would have done the trick. Tenn, less than 5 TDs would have worked. Second NE game, 30 or less would have been perfect.

I heard from a friend that the talk in some of the Buffalo Barber shops where the players go isn't too kindly to Fitz.

I see no fire in his eyes. That in and of itself is why I'm not liking the "Goat ee"

The Colts are going from ZERO to playoffs in 1 player. Please....stop defending Fitz.

FWIW. The one play that won the game was the return for a TD.

Other than that they scored as many points as the crappy Bills. AND what happened to them in NE?

Honestly. the COLTS are not that great. It's like Tebow fever all over again,

To be honest all that means nothing.. Who wins and Who loses? Who helps their team win and who throws a int at the most crucial time in the game? I can handle an int by any of those guys you mentioned because I trust them to make it up. With your QB I just sit and wait for him to f*ck it up and he always does. Silly thing is its to the point where others do the exact same thing and thats not good...

To be honest all that means nothing.. Who wins and Who loses? Who helps their team win and who throws a int at the most crucial time in the game? I can handle an int by any of those guys you mentioned because I trust them to make it up. With your QB I just sit and wait for him to f*ck it up and he always does. Silly thing is its to the point where others do the exact same thing and thats not good...

Not defending Fitz by any means because he stinks but aren't you the guy who is always advocating for Vick? Vick is just as atrocious as Fitz if not worse at this point and by your above rationale Vick sucks.

Let's face some facts,

Thats a lie... Matt Cassel looked like Joe Montana when he was with the Patriots now he looks like Tim Montana.. Peyton Manning made Jacob Tamme look like Dallas Clark now Jacob Tamme looks like Jacob Tamme.. lol.. Point being you logic is flawed good QBs make people better... Hell who was Trent Dilfer throwing to in Baltimore?? All he had to do was not mess up and he didn't. Your QB craps the bed every sunday...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

I'll give you the CJ throw, it was overthrown, but the one to Jones went right past Jones hands, Jones should have had that, that one is on Jones IMO. SJ should have been a TD, any other WR in the league scores on that.

Not defending Fitz by any means because he stinks but aren't you the guy who is always advocating for Vick? Vick is just as atrocious as Fitz if not worse at this point and by your above rationale Vick sucks.

Ok we can do this but I retired from talking about Mike cuz some are irrational.. Vick is atrocious cus he O-line couldn't stop a leaky facet with a plumber... Lets be honest about that (see Foles get blasted every snap)... His arm is there, still mobile but that doesn't matter if after you say HIKE the ghost of Junior Seau is in your face. Fitz has 3 years and still throws short.. I bet Mike makes those 2 sideline throws and if your honest with yourself you'll agree...

Im going back into retirement on Mike comments...

Ok we can do this but I retired from talking about Mike cuz some are irrational.. Vick is atrocious cus he O-line couldn't stop a leaky facet with a plumber... Lets be honest about that (see Foles get blasted every snap)... His arm is there, still mobile but that doesn't matter if after you say HIKE the ghost of Junior Seau is in your face. Fitz has 3 years and still throws short.. I bet Mike makes those 2 sideline throws and if your honest with yourself you'll agree...

im with ya on the Vick......its like religion almost...........but to face facts he takes too long (see big ben,cutler with crappy OL's also)

with our OL would Vick be a mega upgrade over Fitz? yes doubters do have plenty of dirt to throw though.

Vick and 2nd round qb or late 1st round tradeup camp battle would be nice IMO.

Okay bro, lol. I'm not going to get into it about Vick, we can agree to disagree, I see where ya coming from and respect that you're retiring from defending the guy. What we CAN agree on is that Fitz is NOT the answer.

Been saying it since Fitz got here. The dude always makes the biggest mistakes at the worst moments. He comes up small when it counts the most -- that's why his career winning percentage is under 35%.

I hate W-L for QBs. It's very misleading. Fitz has played on some crappy teams. But he isn't the type of guy who will elevate a team. The Bills haven't had one of those guys since the 90s.