A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) I have been praising the OL for weeks. Well, Glenn looked good today, but Hairston was awful. Really awful. Pears would have made a difference.

2) Would someone please tell me how Fitz missed a wide open Spiller on the sideline on the play in the 1st quarter when Indy was offsides? He had all the time in the world, and a pick would not have mattered. Seriously, how could a professional qb miss on that play, with nothing to lose?

3) Dareus was awful in most of the first half. Then, it looked like someone lit a firecracker under his a$$. He became dominant in the second half. I don't understand this.

4) Answer to #2: The same way he missed a wide open Jones in the beginning of the second quarter. And the same way he threw another game ending pick. It's time for TJ or Thigpen. Fitz is a nice guy but he is not a capable starting quarterback in this league, nor will he ever be. It's a done deal folks.

5) Why the f%$k did Gailey call for short, stupid passes at the end the first half? This from their own 8 yard line. I know.....because he is not a capable clock manager, or for that matter, head coach. It cost us a 3, and we were lucky they didn't get a TD. Just sheer incompetence.

6) See here how everything, lead up to this day.

And it's just like every other day that's, ever been.

Sun...... goin' up and then,

the sun, it goin' down.

Shine.... through my window,

And my friends they come, around.

7) Big time kudos to Mario Williams. Sacks, tackles, and a blocked pass. I was SO proud to have him on the Bills today. And btw, I thought that he (and Kyle Williams) were held on virtually every play today, but wtf do I know?

8) Advice to posters/lukers: If you disagree with Simon, more often than not you will be wrong. He tried to tell us that Kyle Moore wasn't all that. Remember? Well, on 3rd and long, with 3 minutes left in the game, a TE wiped him out on a single block. He was a non-factor today, and we obviously needed him.

9) Barnett played his worst game as a Buffalo Bill today. Sheppard is a waste of human flesh. He is absolutely terrible, and I hope that he does not wear a Bills uniform next season. He never makes plays. Not ever. In essence, we have zero linebackers.

10) Gilmore otoh, had his best game as a Buffalo Bill today. He was decent. That's right, decent. He stripped the ball. That was very nice. Fine, thanks. But he was miles away from his receiver on 3rd and 11 in the first quarter, and let's not forget the crucial 4th quarter penalty. Maybe I expect too much from the 10th pick in the draft. It's certainly possible.

11) It was a non factor I suppose, but the kicking game affected me. When Vinatieri kicks off, I am all but sure he is going to kick it out of, or deep into the end zone. When he tries a 3, I concede that it's going to be good. When Lindell kicks off, or tries a field goal, I feel as if I need a blood pressure pill. This is another page that should be turned after the season. But once again, maybe it's me.

12) Thanks to CJ Spiller for keeping us in the game.

13) OK, our playoff hopes are officially over. Now, we will win games. You KNOW I'm right too. We will win games starting now and get a worse draft position. Hey, this team is an absolute mess, but they are ours.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix/Gailey put all their eggs in the Fitzbasket and they got horribly, irrevocably smashed. This was the worst personnel decision of the Nix era and will haunt us for years.

The reality is we are stuck with this horror show until new ownership is in place. You couldn't get a high school coach to come to Buffalo so get ready for more Chantardedness.

RTB

I agree that Fitz is not a good QB, but today he actually made two good throws farther than 10 yards!

1) He hit Dickerson in the belly and it was dropped. 2) He hit Stevie in stride.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes.

A lb also dropped a pick that Fitz put in his hands. He is not going to win us games.

4) Answer to #2: The same way he missed a wide open Jones in the beginning of the second quarter. And the same way he threw another game ending pick. It's time for TJ or Thigpen. Fitz is a nice guy but he is not a capable starting quarterback in this league, nor will he ever be. It's a done deal folks.

9) Barnett played his worst game as a Buffalo Bill today. Sheppard is a waste of human flesh. He is absolutely terrible, and I hope that he does not wear a Bills uniform next season. He never makes plays. Not ever. In essence, we have zero linebackers.

10) Gilmore otoh, had his best game as a Buffalo Bill today. He was decent. That's right, decent. He stripped the ball. That was very nice. Fine, thanks. But he was miles away from his receiver on 3rd and 11 in the first quarter, and let's not forget the crucial 4th quarter penalty. Maybe I expect too much from the 10th pick in the draft. It's certainly possible.

Fitz didn' throw a game ending int. as it turned out, they lost 17 yards on the play but started over with first down. The drive ended with a punt on Indy's side of the field....oy.

Hey, Merriman "recruited" Barnett! They both should be gone next year, but unfortunately (very) Barnett is our best LB.

Gilmore may be "a great CB someday" as many here keep telling us. He seeks to make contact with the WR more than the ball. You just don't pick a CB in the 1st round, unless your team is almost complete and you just need to fill that last spot.

This game was a microcosm of the Bills last 3yrs... well decade I guess. At one point, Nix talked about showing us the baby. Well, here we are nearly 3 years later with a pretty ugly baby.

I was never in favor of Gailey being the HC and defacto OC. After some initial success, hopes were high. But, here we are with an offense that is more often than not out of rythym and allowing the defense to dictate the flow of the game. And there's no one to make the calls that need to be made, because the HC is too close to the offensive play calling to see what the problems are.

I was cautiously optimistic about Fitz as our QB, and he showed competence and at times got our hopes up. But, here we are with a guy that struggles to make basic NFL caliber throws. He's peaked and seems to have lost all the confidence he once had.

I was never a fan of Edwards as our DC, and after 2 years he was let go in favor of DW. Nix has invested far more resources into the defense than the offense. But, here we are with a defense that still can't get off the field on 3rd down. No emotion, missed tackles, blown coverages all point to continued bad coaching.

What I saw today was a team that once again lacked emotion, failed to make the impact plays, and sat back allowing the game to be dictated to them - all in a game that everyone said was a playoff type game. How can this team continue year after year to come out completely flat in its biggest games? This team is passive from the top down and it shows on the field. They have no confidence, no fire, lackluster game plans, and another year with a losing record with zero reason to think that the coaching staff and QB will ever become anything more than they currently are.

As much as I hate to say it... time to clean house and start again.

I agree that Fitz is not a good QB, but today he actually made two good throws farther than 10 yards!

1) He hit Dickerson in the belly and it was dropped. 2) He hit Stevie in stride.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes.

Even with his two big plays he was horrible most of the day and missed a lot of open receivers.

Hard to beleive that we have no other option at QB for two years in a row.

The worst part of the Fitz mess is that there is no prospect to play.

Buddy Nix should be fired. That will take care of Chan, Wanny and Fitz.

chan's coaching is just sub-par NFL level. A backup coach for Indy outcoached him. This team is a joke. At least my Sundays are gonna be less stressful.

The only way ill watch this year again if they make a change at QB.

Just not gonna waste my time with Chan coaching this team.

I was watching a small portion of the 49ers/Saints game. I witnessed Kaepernick make some throws that Fitz is incapable of making. The thought of Nix drafting Aaron Williams, a CB, instead of Kaepernick is outrageous. Nix should be fired for malfeasance. Once again it is time for the predictable organizational cleansing. Nix might be a good scout but he doesn't know how to run a football operation. Give Whaley an opportunity to show what he is capable of. What is there to lose?

The defense is starting to come around, despite some deficiencies, but the offense is putrid. And it all starts with Fitz. I agree that in several games (breasts, 2nd Pats) the defense was a sieve, but a better QB wins those games, like the opposing QB's did, and they also didn't have much support from their defenses. The question is though, who do they get to replace him?

Bill, I am amazed you did not touch on Spiller. I would bet your'e tired of people telling you that you're just picking on him.

The guy just looked like he was running in sand today. He looked winded at times, too...and he barely did a thing. Most importantly...his attempt at blocking as as sincere team trying to block a PAT in the Pro Bowl! A lot of this falls back to coaching, but Spiller looked awful today and FJ might not have been a better option today. I would like to hope that neither one of them caught their groove today because it was a lousy game.

2) Would someone please tell me how Fitz missed a wide open Spiller on the sideline on the play in the 1st quarter when Indy was offsides? He had all the time in the world, and a pick would not have mattered. Seriously, how could a professional qb miss on that play, with nothing to lose?

That would be because he SUCKS

Great Insight on the Game as always your dead on Bill,

1) I have been praising the OL for weeks. Well, Glenn looked good today, but Hairston was awful. Really awful. Pears would have made a difference.

3) Dareus was awful in most of the first half. Then, it looked like someone lit a firecracker under his a$$. He became dominant in the second half. I don't understand this.

5) Why the f%$k did Gailey call for short, stupid passes at the end the first half? This from their own 8 yard line. I know.....because he is not a capable clock manager, or for that matter, head coach. It cost us a 3, and we were lucky they didn't get a TD. Just sheer incompetence.

6) See here how everything, lead up to this day.

And it's just like every other day that's, ever been.

Sun...... goin' up and then,

the sun, it goin' down.

Shine.... through my window,

And my friends they come, around.

7) Big time kudos to Mario Williams. Sacks, tackles, and a blocked pass. I was SO proud to have him on the Bills today. And btw, I thought that he (and Kyle Williams) were held on virtually every play today, but wtf do I know?

8) Advice to posters/lukers: If you disagree with Simon, more often than not you will be wrong. He tried to tell us that Kyle Moore wasn't all that. Remember? Well, on 3rd and long, with 3 minutes left in the game, a TE wiped him out on a single block. He was a non-factor today, and we obviously needed him.

11) It was a non factor I suppose, but the kicking game affected me. When Vinatieri kicks off, I am all but sure he is going to kick it out of, or deep into the end zone. When he tries a 3, I concede that it's going to be good. When Lindell kicks off, or tries a field goal, I feel as if I need a blood pressure pill. This is another page that should be turned after the season. But once again, maybe it's me.

12) Thanks to CJ Spiller for keeping us in the game.

13) OK, our playoff hopes are officially over. Now, we will win games. You KNOW I'm right too. We will win games starting now and get a worse draft position. Hey, this team is an absolute mess, but they are ours.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Bill & thanks for posting. Yeh, Fitz is terrible. He's inconsistant and is virtually NO GOOD on clutch drives.

3) Thought Dareus had one of his best games of the season. And I thought that last week, as well. Not sure about his first half play, but he was really solid overall today.

10) I've been down on Gilmore all season, mostly for not being able to play solid coverage without getting penalized. But I thought he had a great game today. The last PI call technically was PI, but barely and most refs aren't going to call that at that point in the game and basically decide the game--that one side judge today, for some reason, just had it out for the Bills.

Fitz didn' throw a game ending int. as it turned out, they lost 17 yards on the play but started over with first down. The drive ended with a punt on Indy's side of the field....oy.

Hey, Merriman "recruited" Barnett! They both should be gone next year, but unfortunately (very) Barnett is our best LB.

Gilmore may be "a great CB someday" as many here keep telling us. He seeks to make contact with the WR more than the ball. You just don't pick a CB in the 1st round, unless your team is almost complete and you just need to fill that last spot.

1) That punt was the dumbest decision I can remember from a Bills HC. Dumber than benching Stevie. Dumber than benching Moulds. Just plain stupid. I'm sure there's a dumber decision that I'm missing, but it isn't coming to mind right now.

2) Nick Barnett is hardly the problem. Sure, he's not the solution, but he isn't the problem.

3) Gilmore had an incredibly great game--breakups, tackles, everything--this week and last, until the PI call. The loss is not on him. And if it weren't for him, you might have been looking at a bigger point differential. He was great today.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Bill, I am amazed you did not touch on Spiller. I would bet your'e tired of people telling you that you're just picking on him.

The guy just looked like he was running in sand today. He looked winded at times, too...and he barely did a thing. Most importantly...his attempt at blocking as as sincere team trying to block a PAT in the Pro Bowl! A lot of this falls back to coaching, but Spiller looked awful today and FJ might not have been a better option today. I would like to hope that neither one of them caught their groove today because it was a lousy game.

You sure about this? Yes I will concede he whiffed on a block, but in total this year his blocking has improved immensely. Spiller looked awful today? Really? Tell me another RB in this league who can change direction on a dime and rip off a 41 yd run.....none but a few. Rich Gannon was spot on when he said the Bills needed to give the ball to Spiller more and let Fitz throw it less.

Not sure what game you watched today. 14 carries for 107 yds? I'll take that for "looking awful". Chan was awful for not getting CJ at least 20 carries.

You sure about this? Yes I will concede he whiffed on a block, but in total this year his blocking has improved immensely. Spiller looked awful today? Really? Tell me another RB in this league who can change direction on a dime and rip off a 41 yd run.....none but a few. Rich Gannon was spot on when he said the Bills needed to give the ball to Spiller more and let Fitz throw it less.

Not sure what game you watched today. 14 carries for 107 yds? I'll take that for "looking awful". Chan was awful for not getting CJ at least 20 carries.

He whiffed on more then one block. He did not seem to put much energy in to it, his steps were quick but other times he just sort of gave up. He was bipolar today, much not from his own fault as it is with how he was used. 107 yards is nice, but I am not sure what 6 more carries would have done. Today was not about comparing him to the rest of the league, it is about CJ Spiller himself.