A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

If you want to kill the offense for yesterday's performance... then go right ahead. But this was a Colts team that was pretty damn good on offense especially at home, and I thought the defense played one of their best games of the season when it mattered most. You are way off on bashing them.

Barnett and Sheppard were tons better today than they were against Tennessee and you have forgotten the 1st NE game as well (though Sheppard was on the sidelines for that one)

... and is it just me but stevie lays down and runs out of bounds constantly avoiding contact.

It's not just you. It's at least me too. Here's what I said a few posts up: "SJ had a nice day, but it seems to me that he catches the ball and then when someone gets close he dives to the ground. Come on, we suck, we need every yard we can get."

I even saw him dive down short of the sticks on one play. Put his head down and drive forward a little and he easily gets it.

8) Advice to posters/lukers: If you disagree with Simon, more often than not you will be wrong. He tried to tell us that Kyle Moore wasn't all that. Remember? Well, on 3rd and long, with 3 minutes left in the game, a TE wiped him out on a single block. He was a non-factor today, and we obviously needed him.

Don't forget about the chance he had to tackle Luck short of the first down only to see his take a bad angle and let him pick up the first.... embarrassing!!!!

Kind of like predicting that the sun's going to rise tomorrow considering that four of the last five are home games against other hapless teams that are 2-9, 4-6-1, 6-5, 5-6, and 4-7 for a combined 21-33-1, isn't it?

I mean if they can't beat the Jags, Rams, Jets and maybe even the Seabags at home, then one could argue that not only has the team not improved, but it will have shown regression too considering that of the teams on Nix and Gailey's watch this is easily the most talented of the three.

I'd still guess that they still win no more than three of them. I'm thinking that they even win only two. Not that it matters. If they don't beat Jax by at least two TDs next week though, we won't even know what to say.

It might get worse..

The Jags have won 2 straight, the Seahawks actually have a decent QB, the Rams play decent D and we never beat the Jets.

we can win all of these games but with Fitz and Gailey we can lose em as well.

Yeah how about that jets game. Meaningless game by two inept teams in front of a few thousand people. Blacked out in Buffalo and watched by a few people in the NYC area and nationally on the ticket. Maybe the least watched NFL game of all time.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Don't forget about the chance he had to tackle Luck short of the first down only to see his take a bad angle and let him pick up the first.... embarrassing!!!!

He was hardly embarrased on that play. We were playing man and Luck outrun the pass rush. Luck is a tremendous athlete.

BTW on that drive Moore tipped the ball on 3rd and 3 that prevented a TD. (minute 4:18 in the 2nd QTR) Indy settled for a FG,

He was hardly embarrased on that play. We were playing man and Luck outrun the pass rush. Luck is a tremendous athlete.

BTW on that drive Moore tipped the ball on 3rd and 3 that prevented a TD. (minute 4:18 in the 2nd QTR) Indy settled for a FG,

Agreed. Sometimes you gotta give the other guy credit for making a good athletic play to scramble out of pressure and do something with his legs. Luck is a very good athlete and he's been doing that all year.

Moore had his moments as a pass rusher yesterday, but he was butt-fugly against the run. Just terrible the entire game. As was Bradham on that side as well.

GO BILLS!!!

5) Why the f%$k did Gailey call for short, stupid passes at the end the first half? This from their own 8 yard line. I know.....because he is not a capable clock manager, or for that matter, head coach. It cost us a 3, and we were lucky they didn't get a TD. Just sheer incompetence.

12) Thanks to CJ Spiller for keeping us in the game.

13) OK, our playoff hopes are officially over. Now, we will win games. You KNOW I'm right too. We will win games starting now and get a worse draft position. Hey, this team is an absolute mess, but they are ours.

14) GO to another city BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed the same thing about the stupid play calling. It was terrible. At least run the clock out.... Bad coaching and you were spot on.

Cj is the best!!!!

Actually about your point 13. We may not win any games. And you know IM right.

Stupid team. Stupid coach.

Our running game > our passing game. Stop passing chan. You are a muthaf**** idiot, Chan!!!!

I was watching a small portion of the 49ers/Saints game. I witnessed Kaepernick make some throws that Fitz is incapable of making. The thought of Nix drafting Aaron Williams, a CB, instead of Kaepernick is outrageous. Nix should be fired for malfeasance. Once again it is time for the predictable organizational cleansing. Nix might be a good scout but he doesn't know how to run a football operation. Give Whaley an opportunity to show what he is capable of. What is there to lose?

+1

If you want to kill the offense for yesterday's performance... then go right ahead. But this was a Colts team that was pretty damn good on offense especially at home, and I thought the defense played one of their best games of the season when it mattered most. You are way off on bashing them.

Barnett and Sheppard were tons better today than they were against Tennessee and you have forgotten the 1st NE game as well (though Sheppard was on the sidelines for that one)

No one in their right mind could bash the defense, after giving up just 13 points on the road. The ST's OTOH probably alone cost the team the game, what with the return and Lindell's inability to kick FG's past 40 yards.

But the offense was putrid.

No one in their right mind could bash the defense, after giving up just 13 points on the road. The ST's OTOH probably alone cost the team the game, what with the return and Lindell's inability to kick FG's past 40 yards.

But the offense was putrid.

Based on this article, Lindell was just as ticked off as anybody. Chan didn't want to do it. Lindell was doing it in warm-ups and was ready to do it in the game. You can say that Lindell is just covering his butt by saying things like that, but I tend to believe it is Chan's stubborn attitude that is the real culprit here.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121125/SPORTS/121129485/two-bills-drive-1003

I was watching a small portion of the 49ers/Saints game. I witnessed Kaepernick make some throws that Fitz is incapable of making. The thought of Nix drafting Aaron Williams, a CB, instead of Kaepernick is outrageous. Nix should be fired for malfeasance. Once again it is time for the predictable organizational cleansing. Nix might be a good scout but he doesn't know how to run a football operation. Give Whaley an opportunity to show what he is capable of. What is there to lose?

We both had high hopes for Nix because he is an actual football man unlike Brandon, and he is really far more alert if you will than was Levy. And as bad as Chan turned out to be, he isn't less lost than Jauron, who was, imo, one of the worst coaches in NFL history. And, Jauron had a huge say in our drafts, which were always awful when he was there. And "awful" is being kind.

It really is a very sad situation. In 2011, you liked Dalton, I liked Mallett, other posters liked Kaepernick. Nix, in a very Jauronesque move, picked a defensive back who sucked with the 2nd selection in round 2. And remember, he claimed to have, "multiple trade down offers in every round." Message board posters really have no place out-drafting NFL GMs. For the Bills, this is old news.

John, I would like to make one more point.....even when players who are drafted are, "good," it really doesn't mean s**t unless the team wins football games. Spiller turned out to be very good. Maybe Gilmore will be very good some day too. But we aren't winning. What IS bad is to pay big money to qbs who suck, and to tie up too much cap space in the secondary. If you don't believe me, ask a Jet fan. :thumbsup: .

We both had high hopes for Nix because he is an actual football man unlike Brandon, and he is really far more alert if you will than was Levy. And as bad as Chan turned out to be, he isn't less lost than Jauron, who was, imo, one of the worst coaches in NFL history. And, Jauron had a huge say in our drafts, which were always awful when he was there. And "awful" is being kind.

It really is a very sad situation. In 2011, you liked Dalton, I liked Mallett, other posters liked Kaepernick. Nix, in a very Jauronesque move, picked a defensive back who sucked with the 2nd selection in round 2. And remember, he claimed to have, "multiple trade down offers in every round." Message board posters really have no place out-drafting NFL GMs. For the Bills, this is old news.

John, I would like to make one more point.....even when players who are drafted are, "good," it really doesn't mean s**t unless the team wins football games. Spiller turned out to be very good. Maybe Gilmore will be very good some day too. But we aren't winning. What IS bad is to pay big money to qbs who suck, and to tie up too much cap space in the secondary. If you don't believe me, ask a Jet fan. :thumbsup: .

Whether the draft strategy goes in a particular direction that you preferred or I preferred is not what I was getting at. The dynamic of this team could have been dramatically different if this cautious regime would have seized the opportunity of taking a legitimate qb prospect that was glaringly available a couple of years ago. Even if this team was losing at the same rate as it is now at least there would be some hope in the near future if Dalton/Kaepernick/Mallett were taken instead of another CB, Aaron Williams. {As you have noted.}

What is crippling this offense is not Chan's play calling, as suspect as it is. The real problem for the play caller is that the playbook has to be abbreviated because Fitz is so limited. If Duncan or Kaepernick or even Mallett were our starting qb the Bills would easily have two more wins because they can make plays that Fitz is incapable of. With a competent qb this team at least would be watchable.

I'm well aware of your concerns with the Spiller pick. But as well as he has played with a competent qb who can throw down the field he would be even better because there would be more open space for him.

Nix and Gailey gambled that Fitz would at least be adequate enough to buy themselves more time to upgrade the roster in general. That was a ludicrous position to take because Fitz was never going to be a credible starter. Fitz never was an accurate passer and he never had a strong enough arm to be a starter. How can something that is not changeable ever expected to be changed? Their inexplicable judgment set this franchise back in years. Their atrocious judgment borders on malfeasance.

Our inscrutable aged owner hired Nix without interviewing other prospects for the most important job for a NFL franchise. What attracted Nix to Wilson is that he had some past association with the franchise. When your owner is a buffoon there shouldn't be any surprise that his bedraggled franchise is the most boring and irrelevant franchise in the league. It's embarrassing!

You and I are in general in accord on how this cartoonish franchise operates. There isn't much difference between us. When analyzing this organization you really don't have to know too much about football to recognize how dysfunctional the organization is. It was only a couple of years ago that the marketing guru was an influential member of the football operation. How absurd is that?

Sports in general are simple to judge. It's about the reocrd. Excuses are for losers. There is absolutely no excuse that year after year we have to witness this same carnage. What is really crazy is that winning any more games this season does not serve the franchise any good purpose. It hurts our draft status and our chances in getting the best qb prospect on the board. It's sad, so sad. It's tiresome, so tiresome.

Edited by JohnC

2 major themes of coaching and QB play were in stark contrast today.

QB: lucks not elite yet but likely will be sometime. But even now he shows vision, poise, presence , ability to extend plays, that fitz will never have. With luck at qb you expect good things will happen, confident good decisions will be made. With fitz youre just hoping he doesn't mess up.

Coaching: colts staff did a great job of taking away/minimizing our strengths, limiting mistakes and using their key players wisely. Chans team looked unprepared on offense and unable to adjust. Like fitz at qb the coaching doesn't inspire condfidence, just hoping they don't mess up.

The TV Camera showed how much Luck was upset after the INT, even though it was tipped and not his fault. I have never seen Fitz being upset after throwing a bad INT.