Why is SJ13 getting a pass???

The Poojer

OK, I know i have gone a bit off tangent calling out stevie for not being elite...but keep in mind the subject of my thread...SJ13 is getting no flack for that..but Fitz is being cruicified for hitting him in stride...throwing to Dickerson's back shoulder where he dropped it..but yet Fitz is being villified for his play today....we as fans are so hell bent on demanding a franchise QB, of which we have seen 2 come out of the draft this year that we couldn't get....I know Fitz has limitations...but he is NOT to blame for today's loss....nor is SJ13...but come on....he cannot get a free pass on this...

OK, I know i have gone a bit off tangent calling out stevie for not being elite...but keep in mind the subject of my thread...SJ13 is getting no flack for that..but Fitz is being cruicified for hitting him in stride...throwing to Dickerson's back shoulder where he dropped it..but yet Fitz is being villified for his play today....we as fans are so hell bent on demanding a franchise QB, of which we have seen 2 come out of the draft this year that we couldn't get....I know Fitz has limitations...but he is NOT to blame for today's loss....nor is SJ13...but come on....he cannot get a free pass on this...

Clearly, you do have a point. Stevie dropped a few today, Dickerson dropped a potentially big gainer, Jones came up weak, and Jones dropped a TD last week against the Dolphins.

But...Fitz's miss to Spiller deep, and Jones deep, cost us big. Just too many missed plays from weak overall talent. Is it too simplistic to say that outside of Spiller we we don't have enough consistent playmakers on O?

no i promise you i am not that guy...i just do not accept that this loss is on fitz...Chan...yeah probably...but look through the posts that are saying fitz sucked ass today...i saw one pass to dorrin dickerson's back shoulder dropped...not an easy catch to make...and a pass that was just a finger tip out of reach of another receiver....i also am not a fitz jock sniffer...i know he's not a marino or montana...but to repeat what others have used as an excuse here...he's the best we have and really the best we could have had for the past couple of years....

i don't mean to be so hard on SJ13...i love him as a player on this team...but I am trying to show that he also needs to step up if this team wants any success...I am not aware of him calling out Chan after the game...if so, then he needs to step up and be that guy on the field.

i want this team to succeed as much if not more than any other fan on this board...

Are you the guy who looks at a super model and claims "she isn't that hot, her one ear lobe is bigger then the other"? Either that or you are creating an epic Troll post.

Stevie's play was a positive gain of over 60 yards, how is that a negative. Do you call out every play that doesn't go to the house? You have to give Stevie props for saving Fitz on the Int. I think most are placing blame where it is due....right at Chan for calling one of the worst games ever.

several beers during another bills loss may not have helped get my point across but i'm trying....but i do appreciate that you think i put any thought into messing with people...i think in this case...i simply put my thoughts out there without much pre-thought....

Not gonna work on me. I haven't seen a troll thread so well constructed since crayonz.

Edited by The Poojer

ok...i will have to accept the fact that we as fans have double standards....

that much is obvious. Just look at this board's love affair with guys like FJ and Kyle Williams (both are rarely, if ever, criticized), and the crap that guys like Spiller and Dareus take.

Stevie is definitely not fast and every time he catches a long pass, he cuts back across the field. He did it at the KC this year, he did it at the Cinci game last year, and he's done it every other time he has caught a deep pass.

I'm sure he's saving the sideline sprint to the end zone for the super bowl...they'll never see it coming

several beers during another bills loss may not have helped get my point across but i'm trying....but i do appreciate that you think i put any thought into messing with people...i think in this case...i simply put my thoughts out there without much pre-thought....

haha im just messing with you. But sj13 had a great game and showed his skills and hustle, and put up stats.

let me also clear up that i am not blaming SJ13 in any way for the loss...i have said several times that if he wasn't caught this was a different outcome completely...i know he had a great game...just tired of the bs that comes from so many...all 'experts', except Berman, agreed that this colts team is better than this Bills team...we could have and should have won this game....WR's dropped passes...we went away from CJ...i am honestly more upset with this loss than i was with the NE loss because we needed to, could have and should have won this game

haha im just messing with you. But sj13 had a great game and showed his skills and hustle, and put up stats.

let me also clear up that i am not blaming SJ13 in any way for the loss...i have said several times that if he wasn't caught this was a different outcome completely...i know he had a great game...just tired of the bs that comes from so many...all 'experts', except Berman, agreed that this colts team is better than this Bills team...we could have and should have won this game....WR's dropped passes...we went away from CJ...i am honestly more upset with this loss than i was with the NE loss because we needed to, could have and should have won this game

put it this way - neither were immaculate in their games today, and both have limitations - but i know your a baseball guy and Stevie had a much better WAR than Fitz would have, and that would be a fairly regular statement you could make. stevies play helps the team despite limitations, especially since he is playing in a unit while fitz is at the most important position in sports.

i haven't read all the game day 'anal'ysis threads, but what i have read puts the blame squarely on Fitz and Coaching...no one but me seems to pin this loss on SJ13 being caught from behind after catching, basically in stride....no other WR in this league gets run down like that....that was a game changer....sure we should have still punched it in...

also...anyone notice on 1st and goal at the 1 FJ almost dropped the ball....again!!!!! oh and the dickerson drop....too many drops to keep track of

actually....

You did see a guy coming at Stevie on an angle right? That play wasn't a game changer at all. If so it was that trash finally threw a good pass. Lets talk about the bad throw to Jones who was clearly wide open, Luck will make that throw everytime. Or the ****ty throw to Spiller on the free play. Oh lets talk about the int he threw that STEVIE saved his ass on.

Its MF'in crime people still ignore the obvious, a better QB can make these wideouts look graceful. Yet you blame one play on SJ! **** like this is the reason we are the laughing stock in the world of sports. Gailey suck, Wannstedt is the worst coach in the history of sports, and Trash aka Fitzpatrick is the best of this bad situation. So with that said those three 2 dollar harlots are the reason we are who we are. Laughing stock bottom feeders.

Fitzpatrick needs to learn what read progression is. How many times did he look at Stevie and stare at Stevie and then throw to Stevie incomplete without ever looking at the rest of the field? The Bills offense is just too predictable and that falls on both Fitz and Gailey. He calls a stojan game every week. Minus the punt return the D actually looked decent today.

Haven't read everything but I will go right out and say it anyways, how many 6th round draft picks end up being your #1 WR that can beat the best CB's in the league?

Yes. Blame SJ for the loss since he has total control over the play calling. He got caught on the play so that means the loss is on him.

I should start this by saying that Stevie Johnson has to be one of the most creative / non-traditional route runners out there. His basketball-style makes him extremely effective in getting distance from his defenders. Additionally, he has done a much better job eliminating dropped passes this year. I am glad the Bills chose to pony up and keep him around.

With all of this being said, there is a huge area for improvement in my mind. It comes in the yards after catch. It really seems to me that once the catch is made, Stevie's first inclination is to fall to the ground. It's almost as he looks for a bit of gentle contact as a reason to fall to the ground and/or avoid the hit. Is it only me who thinks this? Now, I'm nto suggesting he put his helmet down and go into "beast mode" through linebackers, but it would be nice to see him seek to make a play after the catch has been made. Andre was the best in the businness at doing thins and I believe he could learn a few things from watching some of his tape. The catch was just the beginnning....

Another frustrating loss....hopefully in my lifetime there will be a SuperBowl win....

in SJ defense, he was never advertised as a big home run hitting WR....

He is a GREAT possession WR.... he will get you the first down catch, he can get into the open space, and he'll create just enough seperation for a QB to make the right pass.

I was a huge fan of fitz coming into the season, and his numbers are better than last year, but he has made this a hard season for his WR's... if its not underthrown its overthrown... that takes a toll on WR's mentally on the field

Meh, I'd rather him go down instead of taking a crushing hit for what might be an extra yard. How many times have we seen Bills receivers fighting for that 1 extra yard and have it get stripped.

That and he has been playing hurt for what 2 years now..

ok, everyone is talking about his limitations and how we just need to deal with it...but apparently the same isn't afforded to Fitz....he needs to exceed expectations every snap of every game or else he sucks royally.....BS!!!!!

Well, Stevie compensates for his lack of speed with exceptional route running. Fitz otoh does nothing exceptional, aside from throwing back breaking ints at crucial moments. He is late delivering the ball, has awful ball placement, and the worst downfield accuracy in the league, which is in no way aided by his minimal arm strength.

If a first down is on the line, then some extra effort makes sense. Otherwise, I am fine with Stevie hitting the ground or going out of bounds to avoid a strip/fumble and to save his body. I wish other players would do that.

If the Bills become absolutely, positively mathematically eliminated from any chance of post-season play in the next week or two, then I hope Stevie will liven things up with a few touchdown celebrations. At that point a 15 yard penalty won't hurt anything (it may even contribute to a better draft position if it leads to the Bills losing a close game).

ok, everyone is talking about his limitations and how we just need to deal with it...but apparently the same isn't afforded to Fitz....he needs to exceed expectations every snap of every game or else he sucks royally.....BS!!!!!

while I agree with this statement I also cannot even fathom why someone would blame SJ for this loss. If your trying to make a point that Fitz isn't really that bad and he deserves a little but of slack, fine. But you can't put SJ in there as a reason why we lost.

FWIW, I agree with you about Fitz. It's not his fault. It's Chans. Chan knows that Fitz is limited and yet he still puts the game on his shoulders. Like he's trying to prove to everyone that he can make Fitz a tip notch QB. He's just not that kind of guy. So if You wanna blame anyone for this loss, blame the HC.

While we're at it, why not blame Stevie for not breaking up Fitz's two under thrown passes last year vs. the Giants? I mean, it's obvious he should have stopped being wide open and knock the ball from Webster's hands.

Why is SJ13 getting a pass?

It seems to me the problem has more to do with SJ13 NOT getting passes.

This.

ok...i will have to accept the fact that we as fans have double standards....fitz sucks...SJ13 is doing the best he can do....

Stevie consistently gets open against the best CBs in the league, like Darrell Revis. That's his skill set; and that's why he's such an asset to the team.

There's no such thing as a perfect player. Tom Brady has lost a foot race to Drew Bledsoe. Joe Montana lasted until the third round because of his limited arm strength. Barry Sanders was often taken out of the game on goal line situation. If you want to criticize any player, you can always look for whatever his weakness is; and then identify a play which could have gone better, had it not been for that weakness.

If you look at Stevie Johnson's overall body of work--both over the last few years, and in that game--it's quite solid. It would be even more solid if he had a decent quarterback to get him the ball.

i haven't read all the game day 'anal'ysis threads, but what i have read puts the blame squarely on Fitz and Coaching...no one but me seems to pin this loss on SJ13 being caught from behind after catching, basically in stride....no other WR in this league gets run down like that....that was a game changer....sure we should have still punched it in...

also...anyone notice on 1st and goal at the 1 FJ almost dropped the ball....again!!!!! oh and the dickerson drop....too many drops to keep track of actually....

Seriously, SJ13 was the no where near the reason we lost this game. You know how many times he has been open this year and was either over/under thrown or ignored