Why is SJ13 getting a pass???

The Poojer

I'm not a #1 WR in the professional football ranks....yeah i do want him to be faster! That's his job!

In my mind he is not a #1 caliber WR at the NFL level.

Two of the things the Bills need, in my opinion, are a starting QB and a #1 WR.

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but he's being paid to compete with people with game breaking speed, that can and should outrun those that are paid to defend him.......and he fought for that pay day....I'm sorry...he got caught from behind after catching a pass in stride and all we hear about is how horrible fitz is...

Not having game-breaking speed is not an issue of player failure, it's an issue of genetics. Perhaps next we can get on him about the shape of his ears.

all we hear about is how horrible fitz is...

Because he is.

The pass was thrown a little brhind him and he had to slow up to catch it...maybe watching Fitz for so long has altered the meaning of what a pass in stride actually is.

This.

Edited by Barry Zuckerkorn

but he's being paid to compete with people with game breaking speed, that can and should outrun those that are paid to defend him.......and he fought for that pay day....I'm sorry...he got caught from behind after catching a pass in stride and all we hear about is how horrible fitz is...

Dude there are plenty of receivers like him today and in history that are possession guys that get paid but will never outrun people

I'm not a #1 WR in the professional football ranks....yeah i do want him to be faster! That's his job!

If you're mad at our #1 for not having #1 speed, you MUST blame the GM for not getting a legit #1. Blaming a guy for his genetics is not exactly insightful diagnosis of the team's problems. And it definitely doesn't get you any closer to winning.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

OK, I know i have gone a bit off tangent calling out stevie for not being elite...but keep in mind the subject of my thread...SJ13 is getting no flack for that..but Fitz is being cruicified for hitting him in stride...throwing to Dickerson's back shoulder where he dropped it..but yet Fitz is being villified for his play today....we as fans are so hell bent on demanding a franchise QB, of which we have seen 2 come out of the draft this year that we couldn't get....I know Fitz has limitations...but he is NOT to blame for today's loss....nor is SJ13...but come on....he cannot get a free pass on this...

i haven't read all the game day 'anal'ysis threads, but what i have read puts the blame squarely on Fitz and Coaching...no one but me seems to pin this loss on SJ13 being caught from behind after catching, basically in stride....no other WR in this league gets run down like that....that was a game changer....sure we should have still punched it in...

also...anyone notice on 1st and goal at the 1 FJ almost dropped the ball....again!!!!! oh and the dickerson drop....too many drops to keep track of actually....

He is the best we have, which really tells you the state of this franchise.

ok, everyone is talking about his limitations and how we just need to deal with it...but apparently the same isn't afforded to Fitz....he needs to exceed expectations every snap of every game or else he sucks royally.....BS!!!!!

stevie is a part of a 5-7 man rotation going out for passes any given down. its impossible to have all of them be 6'4, run a 4.4 40 and have perfect hands. he has found ways to make up for his shortcomings and become a very effective player despite them. is he your ideal #1 receiver? no. is he a WR that would be on the field for 31 other teams? yup. fitz is a qb with a lot of shortcomings, and hes overcome some, but not nearly enough to be on the field regularly

Pooj, I've always liked you on this board, and still do, but this thread is asinine. Stevie isn't gifted with breakaway speed and that has been known since he has been a Bill. Calling him out for that makes no sense at all. We should be mad at Fitz and Chan for not being able to move the ball the rest of those 20 yards.

ok...i will have to accept the fact that we as fans have double standards....fitz sucks...SJ13 is doing the best he can do....

Pooj, I've always liked you on this board, and still do, but this thread is asinine. Stevie isn't gifted with breakaway speed and that has been known since he has been a Bill. Calling him out for that makes no sense at all. We should be mad at Fitz and Chan for not being able to move the ball the rest of those 20 yards.

Are you the guy who looks at a super model and claims "she isn't that hot, her one ear lobe is bigger then the other"? Either that or you are creating an epic Troll post.

Stevie's play was a positive gain of over 60 yards, how is that a negative. Do you call out every play that doesn't go to the house? You have to give Stevie props for saving Fitz on the Int. I think most are placing blame where it is due....right at Chan for calling one of the worst games ever.