I really don't understand why anyone goes to Bills home games

zonabb

I'm all for the tailgate, it's part of what sustains us as Bills fans. But I'm utterly disgusted and embarrassed at the condition of these lots come game time. I typically walk through 5a on way in from my spot along southwestern and California and its is like these losers are tailgating in a landfill. There is literally garbage everywhere. Not a few bottles and trash close to people's cars or tailgate areas but literally strewn across the entire aisle.

I guess breaking glass and smashing all you stuff and then wallowing in it like swine for 3 hours is fun but these people, probably mainly college kids obviously think its cool. I think it's a disgrace and I'm as much for a good time and mischief as the next guy but these jokers have taken it to a new low. Game after game. This is the type of stuff that gives the city and people a blackeye when out of towners visit.

Time for security and the sheriffs to start writing citations for littering. It's I'd public property after all and we'd never see that in a park.

Maybe in my late 30s when Im as economically viable as I've ever been and should be a target demographic for this team to focus on, this stadium experience is passing me by. Lots of friends And coworkers that are older stopped going around my age, complaining about the morons. But I don't think it's me getting older as much as it is a complete lack of respect, both for other people and themselves, that these young college age morons bring to the game.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been this way for years...but yeah it's awful. The 18-24 year old crowd at Bills games are just there to party their a$$es off and go nuts for a few hours. Nothing wrong with it until you start breaking bottles everywhere, intimidating anyone wearing an opposing color, and dropping F-bombs in front of my 7 year old... ugh, maybe I'm getting old too.

I tailgate in lot 5, and always pick up my trash and my crews trash and leave them in garbage bags to be picked up

with that said, they pay cleanup crews in the parking lot for that exact reason....its going to happen anytime you get large groups of people drinking/eating in large parking lots...happens everywhere there is tailgating - all you can do is pick up after yourself, you will drive yourself crazy worrying about others doing the same....

I was in lot 3 last night. I agree...it was embarrassing. The trash was an absolute disgusting representation of what Bills fan are.

The hostility was a disgrace, too. There was a fistfight right in front of us that crashed into our truck. The Miami fan was the belligerent one, but the Bills fans were barely better. I'm glad I didn't have my young son with me. Although, even at 5 years old, he's mature enough to know that's not the way you should behave.

In other news, glad the Bills hung on. They dominated the game, but trouble finishing was frustrating.

From the Bills Stadium Guide....

http://www.buffalobills.com/stadium/stadium-tailgating.html

- No saving of parking spaces is allowed.

- Please tailgate in front or behind vehicle only.

- Please be considerate of other fans, vehicles and property.

- Please dispose of all trash in proper receptacles.

- Please use plastic cups or aluminum cans and no glass bottles.

- Please extinguish all flames and grills before entry or departure from the game.

- Please don’t block or impede other vehicles from exiting after a game.

I'm always amazed when people think it's a "local" issue.

This behavior takes place in every Football Stadium parking lot in the country. It's not just the NFL either... this isn't a Buffalo issue, it's a human issue.

Carry on.

Except that other NFL teams ride herd on such behavior. You will never see that behavior in a stadium lot in Foxboro or the Meadowlands. Security gets on such situations immediately. Unfortunately the Bills have set the bar. The freedom to tailgate can, sadly, bring irresponsible behavior, and it gets worse under cover of night.

PTR

Except that other NFL teams ride herd on such behavior. You will never see that behavior in a stadium lot in Foxboro or the Meadowlands. Security gets on such situations immediately. Unfortunately the Bills have set the bar. The freedom to tailgate can, sadly, bring irresponsible behavior, and it gets worse under cover of night.

PTR

I agree on this PTR. For the last 20+ years we have parked at ECC, and do not ever recall the trash problem like it has been in the last year or two. The ECC lot is not like that, but man you make that walk up Community Drive and hit Lot3 I think it is, and it is just nasty!

Also, you are correct, this is not tolerated at other places. I have been to at least 10 other stadiums in last decade or so, have NEVER seen the trash like in the Bills lots.

More reason to park private I guess

a

I agree on this PTR. For the last 20+ years we have parked at ECC, and do not ever recall the trash problem like it has been in the last year or two. The ECC lot is not like that, but man you make that walk up Community Drive and hit Lot3 I think it is, and it is just nasty!

Also, you are correct, this is not tolerated at other places. I have been to at least 10 other stadiums in last decade or so, have NEVER seen the trash like in the Bills lots.

More reason to park private I guess

a

dont know what stadiums you guys have gone too, or what lots you've been in, but ive also been to many stadiums in the past 10 years and have seen the same trash issues

Foxboro? seriously??? that was AS BAD if not worse than the Ralph (maybe I caught a bad game day??)

Cleveland this year was also hilariously bad, the best lot was ours and it was easily 80 percent bills fans...

as someone said above, ITS A HUMAN ISSUE - people are filthy and bad, my solution? executions, china style!!!

Especially at night. Every year I go to a couple of home games and every time I ask myself why I keep coming back. I have been to many other sporting events in many other places and hands down, you will find some of the drunkest, most vile human beings at Ralph Wilson Stadium. Those of you that say other places are just as bad are delusional. I went to the game in Cleveland this year and Borwns fans are 10 classes above the majority of Bills "fans" that show up to these games.Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, but it is OK to go to a Bills game.

Edited by ACor58

That's a blanket statement. There are lot's of good Bills fans that attend and a few vile fans that ruin it for the rest. I go to Baltimore games quite often. They can be obnoxious and mouthy but you rarely see fights in the stands. Probably because most of the people in the stands are Ravens fans and it's more like a big family event...not a bunch of 17-24 year olds trying to get high and drunk.

Going to a Bills game is kinda like going to the State Fair (or any free or close to free event) except all of the riff are drunk. I used to go quite a bit, but not anymore. One of the worst things I ever saw was a truly obnoxious Bills fan hurl a snowball (iceball) at a fan wearing an opposing jersey. The iceball missed the fan, but hit a little girl in the side of her face causing blood to come out of her ear.

That's a blanket statement. There are lot's of good Bills fans that attend and a few vile fans that ruin it for the rest. I go to Baltimore games quite often. They can be obnoxious and mouthy but you rarely see fights in the stands. Probably because most of the people in the stands are Ravens fans and it's more like a big family event...not a bunch of 17-24 year olds trying to get high and drunk.

I am not saying that it is everyone - in fact, I would say 75% of the people there are great. It's just that the other 25% are such huge pieces of crap, the lowest form of life, that it ruins the gameday experience for most. I can't even imagine how old my son will have to be before I even consider taking him to a game.

It's a trade off. Cheaper ticket prices than other comparable stadiums means you get guys who are going for a good time as opposed to higher ticket prices where you get the blue blazer and penny loafer crowd. Cheap ticket prices means you get better attendance and more likelihood of selling out (or close to it) whereas more expensive tickets may result in half stadium attendance. I think the league sees Bills tix as a bargain and increased attendance is good for the team (and the league). If we increase ticket prices and get half the fans (although more well behaved), the league might reconsider our ability to sustain an NFL team...wave bye bye.