I really don't understand why anyone goes to Bills home games

zonabb

If you are not bothering anyone else, I for one, could care less. However if your primary interest is tailgating, why buy a ticket, do it in your back yard.

Because say in Chicago where the games have been sold out for decades... Somebody usually hangs back, watches the stuff (tailgating supplies) and takes the game in on local TV. Really, no ticket needed in that situation and you party with your friends.

YET... I think they cracked down on that... I think you can't do that anymore. I am pretty sure you can't be outside anymore without a ticket during the game?

BFLO is unique because there are so many private places to park and party... It is a whole business/industry built on tailgating.

BTW, Chicago is very ROWDY... Now go down I-65 to Indy... And it is very tame...

League wide problem. I have had family and friends get assaulted at games at Pittsburgh, Cleveland and NY Jets. I have been attacked twice in Indianapolis at the old Hoosier Dome. Alcohol was a prime factor. I don't drink and saw what was about to happen. I think the NFL, the home teams and stadium operators need to curtail sale of beer. Cut off at half time and reduce the size to 12 ounces. More security in the parking lots are a must because these drunken idiots will try to drive home and can be a bigger hazard on the road. Enjoy the game, cheer on your team and quit acting like a drunken fool.

Now... I found the old Hoosier Dome very TAME... There was few "close calls" w/obnoxious fans... But you usually diffuse those situations and learn to laugh along with them... One obnoxious drunk chick was from Muncie, Indiana... LoL... Isn't that the town that had the racial "color line" right down the middle of town? LoL... No wonder...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just blowing off steam fellas. Throw up on old ladies. Curse at 9 year olds. Spend most of the game in the bathroom.

There's a reason I don't make the effort anymore.

I SEE"YOUR" EXSPERIENCED IN TAILGATING, FUNNY THE AISLES IVE PARKED ARE NEVER AS BAD AS DESCRIBED , I GUESS ITS SELLS BETTER ON HERE

Because say in Chicago where the games have been sold out for decades... Somebody usually hangs back, watches the stuff (tailgating supplies) and takes the game in on local TV. Really, no ticket needed in that situation and you party with your friends.

YET... I think they cracked down on that... I think you can't do that anymore. I am pretty sure you can't be outside anymore without a ticket during the game?

BFLO is unique because there are so many private places to park and party... It is a whole business/industry built on tailgating.

BTW, Chicago is very ROWDY... Now go down I-65 to Indy... And it is very tame...

Now... I found the old Hoosier Dome very TAME... There was few "close calls" w/obnoxious fans... But you usually diffuse those situations and learn to laugh along with them... One obnoxious drunk chick was from Muncie, Indiana... LoL... Isn't that the town that had the racial "color line" right down the middle of town? LoL... No wonder...

I remember going to a game at the Hoosier dome. The night before we witnessed a street robbery. Nice place.

I remember going to a game at the Hoosier dome. The night before we witnessed a street robbery. Nice place.

Wow... It is in downtown Indy... Here I thought it was rather tame! We were in the upper endzone and the guys below us were ribbing how bad the Bills were... Through the 2nd quarter, a couple of them went to get beers... Pretty steep up there in the old Hoosier Dome (RCA)... One guy stumbled trying to get to his seat and spilled the beer on the row and the Indy fans below them. My bother and his friend burst out laughing wildly! It was kinda funny! I thought the guy was hurt... So I wasn't gonna laugh. Then later in the game when Indy had the game in hand... The guy that fell his friends, spilling the beer, starts ripping on the Bills... All my friend said was: "Nice ballerina act you pulled in the 2nd quarter!" They shut up... LoL...

That leads me to this... You can see how say an accident gets things screwed up... What happens if we were a little closer and the guy stumbled and blamed us? You bet the mob home fans would have sided with him! That is why I nudged my brother to shut up laughing...

This thread has been up a long time, so I thought I would add my two cents. I used to go to Bills games regularly back in the 90's when I was stationed in Olean as an Army Recruiter. What a treat it was to be able to attend the games live and I miss it now that I no longer live close enough. As for the fans, all I can say is that my experience was always a good one. In a crowd that size, when there is alcohol involved, there will always be a few people who are out of line. I will share my experience during a Monday night game against Cincinnati. My two young sons (12 and 10) really wanted to go to the game, but I could not get three seats together. I got them two seats a few rows up from where I was and I explained to the people around them that they would be sitting by themselves and asked them to keep an eye on them. The people surrounding them kind of adopted them and took very good care of them. I kept going back and forth between my seat and theirs to check on them and they were surrounded by good people who were looking out for them. The boys had a great time and I could not thank the people around them enough. I like to believe that people who are Bills fans have a common bond and for the most part are really good people. To answer the OP, I believe the camaraderie is one reason why people go to Bills home games.

This thread has been up a long time, so I thought I would add my two cents. I used to go to Bills games regularly back in the 90's when I was stationed in Olean as an Army Recruiter. What a treat it was to be able to attend the games live and I miss it now that I no longer live close enough. As for the fans, all I can say is that my experience was always a good one. In a crowd that size, when there is alcohol involved, there will always be a few people who are out of line. I will share my experience during a Monday night game against Cincinnati. My two young sons (12 and 10) really wanted to go to the game, but I could not get three seats together. I got them two seats a few rows up from where I was and I explained to the people around them that they would be sitting by themselves and asked them to keep an eye on them. The people surrounding them kind of adopted them and took very good care of them. I kept going back and forth between my seat and theirs to check on them and they were surrounded by good people who were looking out for them. The boys had a great time and I could not thank the people around them enough. I like to believe that people who are Bills fans have a common bond and for the most part are really good people. To answer the OP, I believe the camaraderie is one reason why people go to Bills home games.

I had a list post printed up talking about this. In the heat if it I realized I might have come off like one of the drunken @$$holes that people don't like in games. Not towards you but in general. So I deleted it. I'm just going to say, you get it as a parent. You watched out for your kids. You knew it could have been a rowdy area. You simply talked to the people around you to inform them of the situation. That goes a long way. Good for you for not just assuming that a professional Primetime football game wouldn't be peaches and cream.

And on Thanksgiving I would like to thank you for your service. (Salute).

Edited by mrags