I really don't understand why anyone goes to Bills home games

zonabb

Did anyone read this new article about the two guys who got the s*** beat out of them at the Miami game? And these were Bills fans?!? Just wanted to make it clear to the complete bozo who said that these kinds of things happen just the same at every NFL stadium and then added a "carry on" for good measure. Folks, this type of thing DOES NOT happen at every NFL stadium and is really a black eye for Bills fans. Yeah all it takes is one, but there isn't "one" at Packers games.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Rick Reilly; he doesn't understand why anyone goes to any NFL games:

http://espn.go.com/e...ames-home-games

Some of the complaints will be familiar. At least it's not just us.

The problem is that for the last 2-4 games per year that the Bills don't sell out you can't see the game at home if you are in the blackout zone. I'm forced to go to the game if I want to see them play.

Did anyone read this new article about the two guys who got the s*** beat out of them at the Miami game? And these were Bills fans?!? Just wanted to make it clear to the complete bozo who said that these kinds of things happen just the same at every NFL stadium and then added a "carry on" for good measure. Folks, this type of thing DOES NOT happen at every NFL stadium and is really a black eye for Bills fans. Yeah all it takes is one, but there isn't "one" at Packers games.

People have been stabbed at Raiders games, beaten up at Browns games, been having sex at Dallas games, had snowballs thrown at then in Philadelphia,etc... These types of things DO happen everywhere. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It's EVERYWHERE.

Everyone needs to get a grip on life if the thoughts are out there that NFL stadiums are now peaches and cream. They serve TONS of alcohol at every venue ya know. Last I checked there isn't a "Dry" stadium out there.

Another reason to stay home? Two guys badly assaulted after Thursday's game:

http://www.wivb.com/...d-at-bills-game

Well, Bills fans, get ready for the hammer to come down, and rightfully so. Leaving the game in the 1st QUARTER because the crowd was so rowdy, and this happens...

Buffalo (not the Bills, but the city of Buffalo) doesnt deserve anymore Primetime games. So when the schedules are released, dont claim a conspiracy theory against the team.

Ever since I got season tickets the atmosphere is 100% better than getting cheap seats wherever I could find them. You sit with (mostly) the same people every game and you bond. Most of those "I'm gonna get as drunk as possible" people or the "I'm gonna start a fight with a fan of the other team" people are not near us at all. And being in the lower bowl I love my seats. I'm not behind glass, the people around me care about the game We respect each other and don't put up with any of that extra-curricular BS.

I agree completely. Our sections' season ticket holders know each other. The problems we have had is when 'others' show up and security comes down and treats us like the scumbags who show up looking for trouble. We don't need security. We take care of each other and usually work out whatever the 'others' 'issues are.

Well, Bills fans, get ready for the hammer to come down, and rightfully so. Leaving the game in the 1st QUARTER because the crowd was so rowdy, and this happens...

Buffalo (not the Bills, but the city of Buffalo) doesnt deserve anymore Primetime games. So when the schedules are released, dont claim a conspiracy theory against the team.

keep on acting like jerks fellow fans. Your behavior will not be rewarded! I can see the bills changing their policy.

So I guess no more 49ers on prime time?

http://sfist.com/2011/08/22/49ers-raiders_game_turns_violent_2.php

So I guess no more 49ers on prime time?

http://sfist.com/201...s_violent_2.php

Not to mention what happened at the Giants vs Dodgers game last year.

From 2009 not one but 43.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/02/13-arrested-43-ejected-at-lambeau-sunday/

People have been stabbed at Raiders games, beaten up at Browns games, been having sex at Dallas games, had snowballs thrown at then in Philadelphia,etc... These types of things DO happen everywhere. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It's EVERYWHERE.

Everyone needs to get a grip on life if the thoughts are out there that NFL stadiums are now peaches and cream. They serve TONS of alcohol at every venue ya know. Last I checked there isn't a "Dry" stadium out there.

You and I usually see eye to eye, but I really disagree with you on this one. You just mentioned the other two stadiums where it does happen- Oakland and Philadelphia. I would throw San Fran in there as well. I'm telling you man- go to a game in Kansas City or Seattle or Green Bay or Minnesota sometime. It is a whopping, unmistakable difference. You know how you walk through the main lot before kickoff and there's 22 year-old kids with jester hats funneling Busch Light, puking and swearing at opposing fans? There is not any sort of equivalent to that here in Denver. And yes I know it CAN happene anywhere just once, but if you are going to sit here and tell me there's not a discernable difference between a Bills crowd and a Chiefs crowd, you simply have not been to Arrowhead. Although the majority of Bills fans are cool, there is a very sizeable low brow element at every game that is unmistakable.

Not to mention what happened at the Giants vs Dodgers game last year.

From 2009 not one but 43.

http://profootballta...lambeau-sunday/

Dude that was an exceptional situation because Brett Favre returned to Lambeau AND it was a night game. And yes, 43 people got ejected. For a regular old meaningless Bills-Dolphins game last week, 94 PEOPLE GOT EJECTED. Read the article. I'm beginning to get the sense that very few people on here have been to opposing stadiums.

I don't enjoy drunks at games. Been to plenty of out of town games it's much the same. If people don't want to go to games they'll find an excuse.

Fivety people ejected from a meaningless Packers vs Bears game last year on Christmas.

Edited by Section242

Metz, I had a long post typed out and then accidentally hit the back key on my phone. I'm not about to type it all again.

But many of these things happen everywhere. I too have been to SF, Oak, SD, and the old Pitt stadiums and honestly, I don't see all that much going in at them, but then again with the few at the Ralph I don't see much either. I guess I just don't get offended by people screaming in the parking lots. My car has never been puked on, or s@&t on, or vandalized. I've never had my hood ornament removed. I've never really worried about that sort of thing I guess. Sure we might be rowdier than other stadiums but at the end if the day, the fights with opposing fans, occasional fan throwing up, pissing in sinks, and people smoking in areas where they should not happen at probably every NFL stadium. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there. Think about it, I have no idea what goes down in section 102. It's all the way across the field. All I might see is a few yellow jackets up and down the rows.

Yes the end zones are more crazy. It's the way it is. It's that way in most stadiums. Oak, SD, SF for starters. I've been to them and its no different. Oak has the black joke for Christs sake. I've sat about 10 rows away and I can tell you it's nuts. Every heard the fans at the Ralph cheer another player being seriously injured? I have in Oak the year they went to the SB. Ed McCaffrey took a bad hit and they cheered it on the jumbotrons. Then when he got up they booed. I've never seen that at the Raloh. Although I was too young to remember Miami games in the early 90s.

We were brought up to be rowdy. It was encouraged. We were the home of the 12th man. We rushed the field and brought the goal posts up to Ralph's box. He said it was one of his most memorable moments of being the owner of the Bills. We had players giving us the finger because they hated us so bad. The media glorified it. Now we want to try and take that edge away. Sure, the drunken stupidness needs to simmer down. But when were actually good again, I would suspect that rowdiness to come back and help the team. Be loud, be proud, but be considerate. Go Mom Mission right.

You and I usually see eye to eye, but I really disagree with you on this one. You just mentioned the other two stadiums where it does happen- Oakland and Philadelphia. I would throw San Fran in there as well. I'm telling you man- go to a game in Kansas City or Seattle or Green Bay or Minnesota sometime. It is a whopping, unmistakable difference. You know how you walk through the main lot before kickoff and there's 22 year-old kids with jester hats funneling Busch Light, puking and swearing at opposing fans? There is not any sort of equivalent to that here in Denver. And yes I know it CAN happene anywhere just once, but if you are going to sit here and tell me there's not a discernable difference between a Bills crowd and a Chiefs crowd, you simply have not been to Arrowhead. Although the majority of Bills fans are cool, there is a very sizeable low brow element at every game that is unmistakable.

Dude that was an exceptional situation because Brett Favre returned to Lambeau AND it was a night game. And yes, 43 people got ejected. For a regular old meaningless Bills-Dolphins game last week, 94 PEOPLE GOT EJECTED. Read the article. I'm beginning to get the sense that very few people on here have been to opposing stadiums.

Maybe that means better enforcement at RWS?

I don't enjoy drunks at games. Been to plenty of out of town games it's much the same. If people don't want to go to games they'll find an excuse.

Fivety people ejected from a meaningless Packers vs Bears game last year on Christmas.

This

The problem is that for the last 2-4 games per year that the Bills don't sell out you can't see the game at home if you are in the blackout zone. I'm forced to go to the game if I want to see them play.

There is this nifty thing called the internet. Its safer and closer. If you're not familiar with the common sites, search the forum, or pop in the shoutbox around gametime and someone usually posts a link

Maybe that means better enforcement at RWS?

No. It just means the Bills security will eject anyone because some 70 year old lady with her grand kids sitting in front of them heard someone say a swear word. The stupid text messaging hotline sucks. It's a free ticket to have someone ejected. Edited by mrags

I will add one more thing. I have been going to games for 20 years now & last night my friends & I almost got in a fight for the first time ever. We had a keg & as people were walking by us some asked us if they could have a beer. As any good Bills fan would do we said sure. This went on about the last hour of the tailgate. There was a group of about 5 guys that came by about 7:30. We had no idea who they were but they were Bills fans & they asked if they have a couple beers from the keg. So we got them glasses & there was some left over steak & lobster tails so we said help yourself guys. It was my friends 40th birthday so we got him a cake & we brought it out soon after those guys showed up. Well around 8:15 we see 4 of the guys take off abruptly(no thanks or even a goodby) & the 5th guy takes the cake & smashes it over my friend's windshield(the one who's birthday it was). We surrounded the guy who did it(his buddys were long gone) & my brother in law was about ready to pund the sh*t out of him. I had to talk him out of it saying it is not worth it. The guy said his friends gave him $50 to do it. I know they were young & stupid(they were all in their 20s) but why would they do that. We welcome them into our tailgate, feed them beers, give them left over lobster tails for christ sakes that cost $20 a pound, did not ask them for a dime. I was pretty hot. The guy who did it to his credit gave my friend $20 to get his car detailed today. Other then that I had a great time last night. It is a little rough out there but I saw 15 of my friends that most of them I have not seen in months, so I guess you take the good with the bad.

That kid deserves a severe a$$ kicking man, I wish you guys didn't let him get away with that. That really pees me off hearing a story like that.