I really don't understand why anyone goes to Bills home games

zonabb

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always amazed when people think it's a "local" issue.

This behavior takes place in every Football Stadium parking lot in the country. It's not just the NFL either... this isn't a Buffalo issue, it's a human issue.

Carry on.

No it doesn't. Not to Buffalo's extent. Not even close.

Except that other NFL teams ride herd on such behavior. You will never see that behavior in a stadium lot in Foxboro or the Meadowlands. Security gets on such situations immediately. Unfortunately the Bills have set the bar. The freedom to tailgate can, sadly, bring irresponsible behavior, and it gets worse under cover of night.

PTR

Yes Indeed. You are correct.

dont know what stadiums you guys have gone too, or what lots you've been in, but ive also been to many stadiums in the past 10 years and have seen the same trash issues

Foxboro? seriously??? that was AS BAD if not worse than the Ralph (maybe I caught a bad game day??)

Cleveland this year was also hilariously bad, the best lot was ours and it was easily 80 percent bills fans...

as someone said above, ITS A HUMAN ISSUE - people are filthy and bad, my solution? executions, china style!!!

Never been to another away game where it's even remotely as bad as Buffalo. Never. And I've been to a lot of road games.

I'am very thankful for all the fans who pay big money to attend games. Those of us retired on a modest pension can't afford to go. Low wage earners are also thankful to watch the game on TV. Without fans in the stands, the team would have relocated long ago.

You are dead wrong my friend. This is exactly why I am always quick to point out that yes, the Bills have great fans- mostly the Canadians- but they are not the best. Because of the price of tickets, the younger crowd at Bills games is really, really offensive. Has been ever since I've been going to games in the 80's as a little kid. Go to a game in Seattle, Kansas City, Green Bay, etc. Fans are friendly, welcoming, mature and you DO NOT have that element that you get at Bills and Raiders games. Carry on.

Yep

Every go to a Steelers, Brown, etc. game. It's all like this. Keeps the lot cleaners employed I suppose.

Wrong. Steeler games are not like this. I can't speak for the Browns, but Steeler games, in most areas, are not like Buffalo.

I don't recal these problems at the Rockpile!

What will happen IF they ever build at another location? New non-industrial Lake Pollution?

Not quite sure I understand your post..but the Rockpile was not exactly a day at the opera.I went to several games as a kid, and can still see the drunks, and the fights, and the crime outside the stadium..and guess what? My old man still took us, i still love the Bills, i dont use the F Bomb every other word even though i heard plenty of back then..

We did make one concession though..we could not go behind the endzone to fight for the balls..man me and my brother used to beg and plead to go into that mosh pit.

Edited by plenzmd1

It's a balance - many of the new NFL stadiums that have been built recently are much smaller than RWS (aside for Jerryworld). If they every do build a news stadium, I suggest it be in Lancaster - closer to Rochester and Hamilton - where they can increase ticket sales to corporations. Raise the ticket prices to keep the rif-raff out but make the place smaller.

Not to hijack but, uh, Canadian customers?

I will add one more thing. I have been going to games for 20 years now & last night my friends & I almost got in a fight for the first time ever. We had a keg & as people were walking by us some asked us if they could have a beer. As any good Bills fan would do we said sure. This went on about the last hour of the tailgate. There was a group of about 5 guys that came by about 7:30. We had no idea who they were but they were Bills fans & they asked if they have a couple beers from the keg. So we got them glasses & there was some left over steak & lobster tails so we said help yourself guys. It was my friends 40th birthday so we got him a cake & we brought it out soon after those guys showed up. Well around 8:15 we see 4 of the guys take off abruptly(no thanks or even a goodby) & the 5th guy takes the cake & smashes it over my friend's windshield(the one who's birthday it was). We surrounded the guy who did it(his buddys were long gone) & my brother in law was about ready to pund the sh*t out of him. I had to talk him out of it saying it is not worth it. The guy said his friends gave him $50 to do it. I know they were young & stupid(they were all in their 20s) but why would they do that. We welcome them into our tailgate, feed them beers, give them left over lobster tails for christ sakes that cost $20 a pound, did not ask them for a dime. I was pretty hot. The guy who did it to his credit gave my friend $20 to get his car detailed today. Other then that I had a great time last night. It is a little rough out there but I saw 15 of my friends that most of them I have not seen in months, so I guess you take the good with the bad.

It was definately an isolated incident & certainly did not ruin our good time. The crowd at the Bills games are young & last night it did seem like it was especially young. I did stupid things too when I was in my 20's. The guy apologized & gave my friend some money to get the car detailed. No harm no foul I guess. My brother in law was pretty close to knocking his block off though. Glad he didn't. All in all good time last night.

Gordio, you're way too forgiving. I'm still pissed just reading about the incident.

And while I always tried to have a good time when I was "that age," it was NEVER at the expense of others.

The other very alarming thing is this: who raises kids like that?

And with this quote you just put a huge flashing "Douchbag" neon sign on top of your head for all to see.

I think it's spelled "Douchebag" bud...I'm giving you my opinion

What else is there to blame? The city of Buffalo? The parents?

This is my last post in this thread because it's been beaten to death. A small percentage of Bills fans are jerks. Don't like it? DONT GO and DONT BRING YOUR KIDS.

Yes it sucks, but moaning and crying about it on an internet message board isn't changing anything. I'm so sick of people complaining about this.

Not to hijack but, uh, Canadian customers?

Gordio, you're way too forgiving. I'm still pissed just reading about the incident.

And while I always tried to have a good time when I was "that age," it was NEVER at the expense of others.

The other very alarming thing is this: who raises kids like that?

Same people that bring their kids to Bills game, obviously. :lol:

I think it's spelled "Douchebag" bud...I'm giving you my opinion

This is my last post in this thread because it's been beaten to death. A small percentage of Bills fans are jerks. Don't like it? DONT GO and DONT BRING YOUR KIDS.

Yes it sucks, but moaning and crying about it on an internet message board isn't changing anything. I'm so sick of people complaining about this.

This is a discussion.

You complaining about people complaining is a bit silly.

This discussion does come up a lot but in the wake of the first night game of the season and a person falling down drunk and drowning in Smokes Creek after being denied entry into the game warrants this discussion.

The guy said his friends gave him $50 to do it. I know they were young & stupid(they were all in their 20s) but why would they do that. We welcome them into our tailgate, feed them beers, give them left over lobster tails for christ sakes that cost $20 a pound, did not ask them for a dime. I was pretty hot. The guy who did it to his credit gave my friend $20 to get his car detailed today

So he made $30 for being an ass? Hate to see asses rewarded. Probably did not even pay for cake.

For those saying it's just as bad everywhere else, from today's Buffalo News...

http://www.buffalone.../121119414/1002

The Bills fan base has a long-established reputation around the league for straddling that fine line between passionate and rowdy.

In 2008, the Wall Street Journal pegged Bills fans as “some of the worst-behaved fans in sports.”

And that same year, SI.com ranked Bills fans fifth worst among 32 NFL teams in their treatment of opposing fans.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The a-holes who cant behave themselves. It's called personal responsibility.

Edited by DrDareustein