Easly promoted from practice squad?

Kevin

Why is this happening? Is there another player being cut or put on IR?

If I had to guess, i'd say that when Stevie went down with the "contusion" they got scared. Because if you really think about it, there's him, Donald Jones, T.J. Graham (who's only real strength is as a downfield receiver; i.e. useless), Brad Smith (Journeyman WR at best), and Ruvell Martin (Special Teamer who is USELESS as a wide receiver).

We should have done this a while ago, in my opinion. We don't have enough WR's.

If I had to guess Ron Brooks is replacing Ruvell Martin on specs teams, making Martin expendable and allowing them to put Easley on the active roster to fill Ruvell's WR spot. Or Mark Anderson is being put on IR and they already have his replacement on the roster in Merriman. Edited by Carey Bender

Because the season is already over and the Bills are too dumb to know if Easley is worth a damn or not...even after 3 years. Might as well see if he can break a few tackles on the 5 yard passes Fitz tosses.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills

#Bills placed CB Terrence McGee, RT Erik Pears on injured reserve. K John Potter has been released. WR Marcus Easley to the 53-man roster.

This may be the proverbial end of the line for McGee. I always liked him but was oft-injured.

Don't the above moves leave two net open roster spots ? Or did I miss some other move ? Especially if Potter has been released for no medical reason.

Routt coming in for CB depth?

That's not a bad idea. He might take a 1 year vet min contract in order to show his stuff to the rest of the NFL and get another big signing bonus in 2013.

Criminal. Yet take advantage if you can.

When he is motivated in a contract year he seems to play above average.