The Bill's are on pace to draft a franchise Quarterback!

Buffalo 66

The Bill's are 3-4 with only six teams with a worse record

Cleveland

Jacksonville

Oakland

Kansas City

Detroit

Carolina

Carolina AND Detroit are set at QB that leaves Oakland, cleveland Jacksonville, and KC possibly looking at a QB in the first round! Cleveland and Jacksonville already drafted a QB in round 1 the last two years. Lot's of football left yet but I don't see the Bill's winning more than two more games. I believe they will be in a good position to trade up and grab possibly the number one or two overall pick and get the next best thing to Jim Kelly.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland Not gonna take another QB

Jacksonville Not ready to give up on Gabbert

Oakland Trade for Palmer gave up a 4th for Pryor

Kansas City Probably but haven't taking a QB in the 1st Round since 1983 & Tyler Bray could fall to the 2nd Round

The Bills need a Franchise QB but they will probably take another CB knowing that hick Nix

The Bill's are 3-4 with only six teams with a worse record

Cleveland

Jacksonville

Oakland

Kansas City

Detroit

Carolina

Carolina AND Detroit are set at QB that leaves Oakland, cleveland Jacksonville, and KC possibly looking at a QB in the first round! Cleveland and Jacksonville already drafted a QB in round 1 the last two years. Lot's of football left yet but I don't see the Bill's winning more than two more games. I believe they will be in a good position to trade up and grab possibly the number one or two overall pick and get the next best thing to Jim Kelly.

Nix will never trade up in the first round but we still can get a Franchise QB.

Yes! We need to "BEAT" them out!

Even if we do there's no guarantee they won't leap frog us. I'm just hoping we only have to contend with KC and AZ. The way I predict it, one takes Geno Smith, the other takes Charles Barkley and we're left with our pick of the second tier in the first round.

Even if we do there's no guarantee they won't leap frog us. I'm just hoping we only have to contend with KC and AZ. The way I predict it, one takes Geno Smith, the other takes Charles Barkley and we're left with our pick of the second tier in the first round.

Charles Barkley is entering the draft? I love that dude!

When was drafting a "franchise" QB a guarantee? You mean the Bills have the chance to pick a QB high. Whether he becomes "franchise" is anyone's guess. Although these days franchise just means someone who was a big hype in college.

PTR

When was drafting a "franchise" QB a guarantee? You mean the Bills have the chance to pick a QB high. Whether he becomes "franchise" is anyone's guess. Although these days franchise just means someone who was a big hype in college.

PTR

True to some degree! Do you go all out like Indy and draft Andrew Luck or are you the Patriots and wait for Tom Brady to fall into the sixth round? The clock is ticking for the Bills, If they keep waiting they may not need to worry cause they may not have a team!

True to some degree! Do you go all out like Indy and draft Andrew Luck or are you the Patriots and wait for Tom Brady to fall into the sixth round? The clock is ticking for the Bills, If they keep waiting they may not need to worry cause they may not have a team!

Does it matter? You don't "go out and get one" like going to the store for milk. You draft and you hope.

PTR

Really? Come on man you have more credibility than most on this board but this is bad!

So what are you saying? Drafting a QB in the 1st round is a gimme? Look at the 1st round QBs who flame out. Then look how many actually play at a Pro Bowl Level. Less than 30%. That's reality.

PTR

So what are you saying? Drafting a QB in the 1st round is a gimme? Look at the 1st round QBs who flame out. Then look how many actually play at a Pro Bowl Level. Less than 30%. That's reality.

PTR

I am talking sure fire! Peyton Manning, Eli manning, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, RGIII we KNEW these guys would be GOOD! Better than wasting first round picks on JP Losman, Paul Pozlusky, Donte Whitner,Marshawn Lynch, Lee Evans. AAron Maybin, Leodis Mckelvin! Sorry I can't spell pauls name!

PTR

What else is reality is that the vast majority of pro bowl QBs were also high draft picks.

Yes they have a chance to be a bust, but also the best chance we have to get a franchise QB. It's a risk but we have to try. Clearly what we have been doing has not been working.

Buddy and Doug or whoever the GM and braintrust may be come April needs to identify the best QB who has the greatest chance of success and do whatever it takes to get him.

I am talking sure fire! Peyton Manning, Eli manning, Drew Brees, Phillip Rivers, Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, RGIII we KNEW these guys would be GOOD! Better than wasting first round picks on JP Losman, Paul Pozlusky, Donte Whitner,Marshawn Lynch, Lee Evans. AAron Maybin, Leodis Mckelvin! Sorry I can't spell pauls name!

Jury's still out on that one.

the Bills are convinced that they HAVE a franchise QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick

If anything, the awful defense this year will save Fitz's job for another year, as long as he has enough TDs at the end of the season for them to crow about his beloved "stats"

Nothing changes in that regard until a new owner fires everyone and new guys come in

Edited by TheFunPolice

This is one of the most selectively revisionist piles of horse plop I've ever read here, and that's really saying something. I'll compile a list of every QB drafted in the first five picks of the draft, and in years where no QB was selected in the top five I'll simply list the first QB selected, for the last 20 years for you.

1992: David Klingler (6)

1993: Drew Bledsoe (1), Rick Mirer (2)

1994: Heath Shuler (3)

1995: Steve McNair (3), Kerry Collins (5)

1996: Tony Banks (42)

1997: Jim Druckenmiller (26)

1998: Peyton Manning (1), Ryan Leaf (2)

1999: Tim Couch (1), Donovan McNabb (2), Akili Smith (3)

2000: Chad Pennington (18)

2001: Mike Vick (1)

2002: David Carr (1), Joey Harrington (3)

2003: Carson Palmer (1)

2004: Eli Manning (1), Phillip Rivers (4)

2005: Alex Smith (1)

2006: Vince Young (3)

2007: JaMarcus Russell (1)

2008: Matt Ryan (3)

2009: Matthew Stafford (1), Mark Sanchez (5)

2010: Sam Bradford (1)

2011: Cam Newton (1)

2012: Andrew Luck (1), Robert Griffin III (2)

The above list names a total of 30 current or former players. Of those, only 13 are current NFL starters, with 5 others having been considered legitimate starters during their careers. Of the entire list, only 13 ever made a Pro-Bowl, and only 1 has been an All-Pro selection. Only 3 have ever made it to the Super Bowl, and of those only 2 have won the Big Game.

To conclude, there are no sure fire "franchise" players at any position, much less at quarterback where the development curve is long and unpredictable. If you don't believe me, just ask any of the 32 general managers in the NFL. Or, if you've managed to convince yourself that you've got the magic bullet, apply for one of their jobs. If it really is as simple for you to see as you're claiming, any one of the NFL's franchises would be happy to have you.

as I stated previously, research shows that, while 50% is not a great number its the best you will get, rd 1 QBs are a 50/50 success rate, it only goes down from there. Who knows, maybe this is another 2004 type class where there are 3 legit franchise QBs, and we will have a shot at one of them.

as I stated previously, research shows that, while 50% is not a great number its the best you will get, rd 1 QBs are a 50/50 success rate, it only goes down from there. Who knows, maybe this is another 2004 type class where there are 3 legit franchise QBs, and we will have a shot at one of them.

Define "success". I think the numbers are alot worse than 50%.

Really? Come on man you have more credibility than most on this board but this is bad!

I don't think it's bad. In fact, I completely agree with it. You avoid the guys with red flags, pick a guy who looks like he has all the tools...and then you hope. In the end it's still a coin flip (at the top of the 1st round).