FRANKENSTORM!!!!!

GG

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still a non event in Richmond VA, just a good steady rain right now.Think the wind maybe at 20 MPH.

Tonight is suppoesed to see more wind, less rain.

I am a frim believer school was not invented not to educate children, but simply a diversionary tactic to keep parents from throwing their kids out to the street

Edited by plenzmd1

still a non event in Richmond VA, just a good steady rain right now.Think the wind maybe at 20 MPH.

Tonight is suppoesed to see more wind, less rain.

I am a frim believer school was not invented not to educate children, but simply a diversionary tactic to keep parents from throwing their kids out to the street

truly the cabin fever with a few days of this, even if you dont lose power, can be miserable. hopefully thats the worst of the experience though!

Just saw the images of a construction crane way up in the air at 57th and 6th in Manhattan that's beginning to fail according to reports. Police cordoning off the area apparently.

Is it really that big a deal to lower a crane from 75 stories in advance of a hurricane?

By the way, I'd just like to take a moment to thank Hurricane Sandy for saving us from 3+ days of mind-numbing election crappola.

..and thanks to Adobe Photoshop, anyone who can still access the Web can be scared straight by some of the stuff people are posting. Much of it's pretty obviously fake, but it's amazing what people believe these days...for example, I actually thought the Bils make be a playoff contender, simply because someone said so during the off-season.

Silly.

..and thanks to Adobe Photoshop, anyone who can still access the Web can be scared straight by some of the stuff people are posting. Much of it's pretty obviously fake, but it's amazing what people believe these days...for example, I actually thought the Bils make be a playoff contender, simply because someone said so during the off-season.

Silly.

Oh yes, it's all just a figment of your imagination. There isn't a storm at all.

Silly.

I only wish photoshop was responsible for this:

post-1661-0-65048100-1351548083_thumb.jpg

522224_10151216195234730_1360309265_n.jpg

While I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself, take a look at this picture of soldiers currently guarding the Tomb of the Unknowns in DC.

Not photo-shopped.

If you've never seen the changing of the Guard in person, I urge you to get there some time. It's a must see. And when they blow "Taps", there isn't a dry eye to be found in the crowd. Very proud moment as well.

Edited by K-9

what mickey mouse sight are you getting 3-4 foot surge?

http://www.nhc.noaa....esurge#contents

NOAA has 13-15 foot surge.

POUGHKEEPSIE.

Try actually, y'know, READING next time. You...well, you know what you are.

522224_10151216195234730_1360309265_n.jpg

While I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself, take a look at this picture of soldiers currently guarding the Tomb of the Unknowns in DC.

Not photo-shopped.

That's totally photoshopped. :D

Was there once when one of the guards finished his last shift (was transferring to another unit, somewhere). That was pretty cool.