FRANKENSTORM!!!!!

GG

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather groupies are starting to go bananas already.

Time to test the generator & snow blower, as this could be big if it hits.

He's a comin'

Better add a good chainsaw to that tool list. If you still have leaves left on the trees, that heavy wet snow may bring a few trees down. Let us know how the old snow blower works on a wet snow/wet leaves mixture.

It looks like Jersey is going to get brunt of storm. NYC east of eye wall. Storm front approaching from West. They are saying possibly worst storm in 100 years. This has makings of the Perfect Storm- and it is supposed to hit on Oct 30, the 23rd anniversary of the Perfect Storm.

This system is awesome!

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/eaus/flash-wv.html

Unbelievable, i am supposed to play Aronomick on Monday for business reasons..one of the best courses in the country I am told.. Gents I am taking are still holding out hope, but i just can not see us getting this in :wallbash:

I'd play. I don't think the heavy stuff will come down for quite a while.

Hoping for the best, planing for the worst.

I have already started prepping, one boat will be on a trailer in the driveway for my escape (if the storm surge gets too high), the other lashed to the bulkhead/floating dock. Generator is already in place above last years water line (3 1/2 feet) will start moving all tools and equipment from lower level of the house tonight and tommorow. Will lash down deck furniture and outdoor grill as well as any objects that may go airborne during high winds (birdhouses, potted plants, small children and Aaron Maybin). Last years flood/storm I had a few large fish in my driveway, even had a 4 foot shark..(apparently it blew out of someones pool )

Edited by Guffalo

if the golf gets rained out...plant yourselves at the Flying Pig a couple miles up the road and I'll meet y'all there for a drink

Unbelievable, i am supposed to play Aronomick on Monday for business reasons..one of the best courses in the country I am told.. Gents I am taking are still holding out hope, but i just can not see us getting this in :wallbash:

It looks like Jersey is going to get brunt of storm. NYC east of eye wall. Storm front approaching from West. They are saying possibly worst storm in 100 years. This has makings of the Perfect Storm- and it is supposed to hit on Oct 30, the 23rd anniversary of the Perfect Storm.

This system is awesome!

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/eaus/flash-wv.html

Ya this will be very interesting. I love significant weather events so I will be following this