Jackson has to be activated and start the next game

I'll post this again:

Our defense allows 32 ppg.

To win, we'd have to score 33 ppg--and NINE professional teams have done so since 1941.

Yes, Fitz is indeed the problem.

I agree. Fitz is A problem, but he is not THE problem. Forget about replacing Fitz at least for now. Something major needs to happen on the defensive side of the ball. The Bills have far too much money tied up in the defense to have it be the worst in the NFL.

I agree. Fitz is A problem, but he is not THE problem. Forget about replacing Fitz at least for now. Something major needs to happen on the defensive side of the ball. The Bills have far too much money tied up in the defense to have it be the worst in the NFL.

Completely agree. the problem in these boards is that the defense's problems can't be resolved by simply saying: replace Mario.

By replacing fitz, however, we'll magically be able to score 45 points a game.

The pathetic D and Fitz being mediocre are two separate topics. Either one, by itself, does not excuse the other.

The D is horrible, yes. But, Fitz had no business throwing that INT. It is partly Gailey's fault for still trusting Fitz in a critical situation after all he has seen since last season. However, a competent QB still has to be able to make that throw (not a particularly easy one but still). For all the credit that Fitz gets for being a cerebral QB who makes quick decisions, he sure makes some incredibly bone-headed ones. He pretty much wiped out an entire game of good QB'ing by throwing that INT and giving the other team the opportunity to win.

I get that people in this thread are upset that Fitz appears to be made a scapegoat. But this is a team sport- if the D is not holding up its end of the bargain, the O has to take up the slack and do its utmost to not pile on the mistakes.

The pathetic D and Fitz being mediocre are two separate topics. Either one, by itself, does not excuse the other.

The D is horrible, yes. But, Fitz had no business throwing that INT. It is partly Gailey's fault for still trusting Fitz in a critical situation after all he has seen since last season. However, a competent QB still has to be able to make that throw (not a particularly easy one but still). For all the credit that Fitz gets for being a cerebral QB who makes quick decisions, he sure makes some incredibly bone-headed ones. He pretty much wiped out an entire game of good QB'ing by throwing that INT and giving the other team the opportunity to win.

I get that people in this thread are upset that Fitz appears to be made a scapegoat. But this is a team sport- if the D is not holding up its end of the bargain, the O has to take up the slack and do its utmost to not pile on the mistakes.

Ya, I wouldn't really disagree with you with your above statement.

My main concern is that turnovers are going to happen on the offense no matter who is the QB. Obviously you want to limit them, but they happen. The problem is that any kind of turnover on this team is pretty much an automatic 6 points by the opponent.

Nobody here was ever saying that Fitz is great or a top shelf QB in this league. However, wasn't our defense supposed to be much improved? Maybe the best DL in the NFL??..Lmao. Horrid.

I think the O picked up the slack by not punting the ball once until midway through the 4th quarter. Unless your definition of "picking up the slack" is being perfect I don't think you have a point on this one in regards to yesterday's game.

Bottom line is this. The Bills offense ranks 14th in the league in points scored (averaging 24.4) and 10th in yardage (avg. 349.) The Bills D ranks 31st in points allowed (avg. 32.4) and 31st in yards allowed (avg. 424.) The NFL record for points allowed in a 16 game season is 533. The Bills D is on pace to allow 518.

Fitz is nowhere near perfect and has limitations but why on earth is anybody talking about the QB position when the D is historically bad?

I think the O picked up the slack by not punting the ball once until midway through the 4th quarter. Unless your definition of "picking up the slack" is being perfect I don't think you have a point on this one in regards to yesterday's game.

Bottom line is this. The Bills offense ranks 14th in the league in points scored (averaging 24.4) and 10th in yardage (avg. 349.) The Bills D ranks 31st in points allowed (avg. 32.4) and 31st in yards allowed (avg. 424.) The NFL record for points allowed in a 16 game season is 533. The Bills D is on pace to allow 518.

Fitz is nowhere near perfect and has limitations but why on earth is anybody talking about the QB position when the D is historically bad?

To me the answer to your last statment is simple: on a message board, the simplest solution is to just replace the QB. It requires no critical thinking. Just replace Fitz and our pain will end. Why? Because instead of losing 35-34, the game will be over in teh 1st quarter and we'll lose 45 - 3. Pain is gone.

Read the board and people are talking more about the putrid D than yesterday's costly mistake by Fitz. But, what I said is that this does not excuse Fitz. Ofcourse turnovers matter. But when they occur matters even more. If he had thrown it mcuh earlier in the game, it would have allowed the O to make up for it. Gailey to call plays accordingly. But that game killing mistake happened at a horrible time. Fitz did this last year in the Giants game. He was mediocre even in the Cardingals game and it was only Byrd that saved our bacon.

I am talking only about Fitz because that is the topic of this thread. I have discussed the D in Bill in NYC's thread.

Read the board and people are talking more about the putrid D than yesterday's costly mistake by Fitz. But, what I said is that this does not excuse Fitz. Ofcourse turnovers matter. But when they occur matters even more. If he had thrown it mcuh earlier in the game, it would have allowed the O to make up for it. Gailey to call plays accordingly. But that game killing mistake happened at a horrible time. Fitz did this last year in the Giants game. He was mediocre even in the Cardingals game and it was only Byrd that saved our bacon.

I am talking only about Fitz because that is the topic of this thread. I have discussed the D in Bill in NYC's thread.

Fair enough and you've got a point. Though I will add that if the D picked up Fitz by not allowing the TD at the end the Bills still win.

Fair enough and you've got a point. Though I will add that if the D picked up Fitz by not allowing the TD at the end the Bills still win.

What were the odds of the D picking anyone up yesterday? The only chance of winning that game at that point was not to turn the ball over, which Fitz did right on cue. Fitz and that D deserve each other. It's not mutually exclusive. They both suck, and they both need fixing. TJax is not going to save this season, however pulling Fitz is at least a sign the team is acknowledging that the 2nd string at best QB as your starter **** may coming to an end this season. I suspect the recent run heavy approach is already a harbinger of Fitz's last days.

That was probably his best game of the season. Sure he made a terrible decision late but the defense lost this game when they decided to let Chris Johnson have his way with them.. there is no other way you can make a case that the offense blew this game. I'm a Fitz hater like the majority but please, he is what he is at this point.

The defense was suppossed to be an advantage for this team. They are downright tuuurrrrrrible... Over rated players and a way to basic scheme.

Here's how I look at that Int... If Fitz throws it incomplete, we punt. Maybe, maybe the punter doesn't suck and he gets an average punt off and doesn't shank it again. So, the Titans start that drive at the ..30? not the 48. Does anyone really think that 18yds would have matterd? That's like 2 run plays with the way the defense was playing.

So, yes, the interception sucked. But, it in no way is what led to the loss. Fitz also threw 3 TDs and led the Bills to 34 points total, that everyone forgets.

I'm not saying Fitz is a great QB. I'm just saying he is not why we lost that game.

People who want to let Fitz off the hook because the defense is terrible are crazy. They BOTH SUCK. Fitz should have taken a sack, scrambled, or better, audible to a run after the idiot Chan called a passing play. Jackson certainly can't be any worse than Fitzpatrick. If there were someone to replace Mario Williams, who has less impact than quite a few ROOKIE DE's in the league (ex. Chandler Jones) I would be all for that also.

Yes! Let's replace Fitz with the guy who's BEST year included 14 TDs and 13 ints in 14 starts!

He'll be able to put up 30 plus a game, no problem!

Actually, the running game is what is driving this offense. NOT FITZ. His short, Junior College like passes pad his stats.

Because they BOTH NEED TO BE IMPROVED. Fixing the offense with someone who can at least manage the game and not make horrid turnovers at the worst points in the game would be a start. Getting rid of Wanny, benching Mario for a game (or more) would be a way to send a message to the D.

Actually, the running game is what is driving this offense. NOT FITZ. His short, Junior College like passes pad his stats.

Actually, it's not. The majority of plays, yards and TDs are from the passing game. 74 of the first downs are from passing, 44 from running.