Can't put this one on Fitz...

rolly

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folks, the lines (on both sides of the ball) are soft. It's been this way for years. I'd like to think that a motivational speech could cure it but it's almost institutional at this point. We're soft.

Then there's this:

i am a fitz supporter, but i actually think that this game really did come down to fitz. he played really well for most of the game, but when it mattered most he was at his worst. i really wanted this to be the game that got his confidence back and got the fans and media to get off his back a little bit, but, i think he is in for a rough couple weeks. having said that, i still support him.

Totally agree but I don't support him (not that I don't support him, I don't believe in him.)

Yea Fitz shouldn't have thrown that ball - but I put this loss entirely on the coaching staff. Piss poor play calling the final possession cost us the game. FItz shouldn't have thrown the ball one time that possession. We were averaging 7 yards a carry - wtf is Chan doing calling pass plays at that time of the game especially when he knows how erratic Fitz's accuracy is???

Please stop defending this rag-armed mediocrity. He's backup-caliber, nothing more. The defense is terrible; the coaching is second-rate; the team has no heart and plays without passion. But let's not kid ourselves into believing that #14 is anything other than what he is- a backup posing as a starter. And yes, the interception late was inexusably bad, and to say that you "can't put this one on Fitz" is whistling by the graveyard. And a front line starter at QB would have given his team a chance with 1:03 on the clock- a Manning or Rogers, even a Shaub, would have at least attempted to throw a pass farther than 10 yards down the field.

Fitz had no business throwing that last pass. He should have thrown the ball into the 10th row instead. That way, the Bills could have punted and possibly have enough defense left (OK, highly debatable) kept the Titans out of the end zone. But since he threw the ball directly into the hands of an opponent, yes the loss is on him, Remember, the defense didn't have a stellar day. The best strategy today would have been to keep the defense off the field.

i am a fitz supporter, but i actually think that this game really did come down to fitz. he played really well for most of the game, but when it mattered most he was at his worst. i really wanted this to be the game that got his confidence back and got the fans and media to get off his back a little bit, but, i think he is in for a rough couple weeks. having said that, i still support him.

Fitz was super sharp today. No way I put this on him. Should have run it on 3rd and 7 and punted. I don't see Titans going 80 yards to win.

The defense absolutely lost this game... Fitz is what he is at this point.

Mario, Dareus, the LBs, and most of the secondary are jokes.

Right, Fitz played about as well as he can today....and it isn't good enough to beat the Titans, with a defense that pretty pitiful.

I think everyone likes Fitz, but to notion that he isn't a major liability that could hurt them at any time was disproved today. All he had to do was be a game manager for the last 10 minutes or so, and his team wins...instead, he made the worst mistake he could possibly make at that point. A good QB doesn't make that mistake. The final drive only made it worse... Fitz may be the best QB on our roster, so I suspect he plays the rest of the season...but he cannot be the starting QB of this team going in to next season.

I am not a supporter of Fitzpatrick by any means, but he is not the reason for the outcome today.

Incorrect. He had the ball in his hands with the chance to win. Two 4 yard checkdowns in the middle of the field. He showed his character. As pathetic as the defense was, we still had a chance to win, or at least to let the kicker have a chance to miss. I'm so tired of everyone pointing to the obviously bad D just so they don't have to think about having a below average QB at the helm. Somehow it comforts some to think of Fitz as trying his best and the D selling him out.

If your quarterback is having an "outstanding game"---as many here acknowledge, then the defense needs to give him a modicum of support. A quaerback's "outstanding performance" doesn't get negated by one play if his defense has even a middling performance.

Instead Fitz's "outstanding performance" was completely negated by defensive mistakes.

Succinctly put and consistent with the thoughts many of us have been making since pregame...thanks.

Incorrect. He had the ball in his hands with the chance to win. Two 4 yard checkdowns in the middle of the field. He showed his character. As pathetic as the defense was, we still had a chance to win, or at least to let the kicker have a chance to miss. I'm so tired of everyone pointing to the obviously bad D just so they don't have to think about having a below average QB at the helm. Somehow it comforts some to think of Fitz as trying his best and the D selling him out.

We had a chance to win bc of Fitz. He was terrific and efficent most of the day. The defense allowed 200 yards rushing again and 35 points again. How many time can Fitz put up 40?