Can't put this one on Fitz...

rolly

Fitz went 27 for 35, 225 yds, 3td, 1int. Freddy and CJ both got 70yds. Stevie had 5 catches for 70yds. These are winning stats for the offense. The defense flat out sucks, no sense trying to misdirect the blame to Fitz. Fix the defense and this team is 5-2. Replace Fitz and this team is still 3-4.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a chance to win bc of Fitz. He was terrific and efficent most of the day. The defense allowed 200 yards rushing again and 35 points again. How many time can Fitz put up 40?

My guess would be never against a good D. Today was typical Fitz, putting up some numbers against a **** D just before he craps the bed against the better teams.

count me in as blaming the defense more. Just can't ge off the field on most 3rd and longs and even 4th downs. Our DB's especially Williams are not aggressive enough. It's almost like Williams is not an NFL caliber player? strange.

Fitz did enough to earn a W but he certainly showed he was not capable of winning the game in crunch time.

Last week the Bills had 1 or 2 plays go their way and they "won". Otherwise we would be on a two game slide, instead of just losing to the Titan chumps before the bye.

if they had lost in AZ, it would have been a 4 game slide not 2........

I disagree. Naturally, everyone is talking about the pick because it happened late in the game. If he threw that pick in the 1st quarter, no one would be talking about it. I understand that's not how it goes, and it was extremely untimely, but he put his team in position to win this game.

It was the defense that got torched on the ground, beat when it mattered in the air, and was just all around embarrassing.

What I want to talk about is the 2turnovers that lead to 14pts for the Titans, but no other than that he played great.! Lol.

Plus his Buddy Gailey putting the game in his hands when we were iin kill the clock mode. Instead of running the clock out with the best backfield in tthe NFL..

The post is correct. This game is not on Fitz. Tom Brady made almost an identical terrible pass with like 3 minutes in the Pats/Jets game that went thru Cromartie's hands and hit him in the abdomen. Before everyone goes crazy I am not saying Fitz is anywhere near Brady who is arguably the best QB of all time. What I am saying is that QBs if you throw enough passes will throw bad passes.

The Bills should have run as even if you don't get the 1st down you force the Titans to use another time out.

But this game is on the defense. A terrible offense with a back up QB comes into your stadium and runs for 200 yards and had 400 plus yards of offense and paints 35 points on you! It's on the D. George Wilson catches a ball that hits him right in the numbers the Bills win.

34 points is enough to win, plain and simple.

I am not a supporter of Fitzpatrick by any means, but he is not the reason for the outcome today. In fact, he was one one of the few reasons the Bills remained competitive until the end. Yes, the pick was extremely untimely, but overall he was very efficient and made plays when he needed too. 27 points on offense should get the job done.

...which brings me to the defense. Absolutely pathetic. It's actually regressed from last year! If Mario Willliams' injury isn't really affecting his play as poorly as he thinks, he may go down as the worst FA signing in franchise history. Absolutely no push on his end. No desire to win battles.

Kyle Williams is the only guy that shows up week in, week out. The LBs and secondary may be the worst in the league as well. Go ahead, fire all the coaches, change the schemes, do whatever. What it comes down to is that aside from 2-3 players on defense, this unit is the worst in the league BY FAR.

+1

I do....because both of his turnovers led to short field touchdowns. The defense would've pitched a shut-out in 2nd half if it wasn't for those 2 turnovers probably. They definitely played better. They go in at half-time with momentum and get ball back and fitz puts defense right back on field. Team doesn't believe he is a franchise quarterback. His career stats prove that. Just like most fans who don't believe he is a 50 million dollar man, his teammates don't either.. I can't imagine what these guyz think about his contract in the locker room. There are so many problems with this team from coaching to personnel..We can sit here all day and dissect this team. Bottomline he can't turn ball over in that situation, they had the lead. So yes it's on him.. He gave a short field to an offense that hadn't did anything since his last turnover to begin the 3rd quarter.. They punt and Hasselbeck engineers a drive so be it but he did the one thing Gailey surely told him not to do. . Bills will never be anything but mediorcre or worse with him at QB. I remain a Bills fan and that will never change. May I rest in Peace..lol

Edited by dutmost

We don't need to put it on that loser, he pretty much did it himself.. And people say he have good game management, it was only a matter of time before he threw a pick to kill us. A good QB know not to put the game in the hands of a dreadful D such as ours. Blame the play calling all you want, trash made the dumb throw.

Wannstedt need to show some moxie and step down asap! These NFL players are paid alot of money and these guys are worthless! I've seen more talent on a high profile college team. Rogers as well as G. Wilson blew it on that TD play. And this team absolutely lack discipline. Trash and Wannstedt need to get lost! And take Chan with them.. And what's the damn story with Dareus. He's been nothing but a ghost this season..

Edited by Roc Bronson

He threw the Int that cost the game, When you have a defense that is struggling horrible you need to a little more careful & Shitspatrick & Choke Gailey can't get it threw their thick skulls to RUN THE BALL when you need too

What the defense has sucked all day & you think its gonna change & they win the game? get real All Shitspatrick had to do was hand off to Spiller or hell run it yourself but don't throw the ball down the field at that point

We got the Texans & Patriots after the bye go head & mark them as loses & hope then hope we lose the rest so we can go get a REAL QB In the Draft thats if we don't take another F#*king DB

Edited by Matt183

Maybe Fitz isn't the long term answer here and this team needs to address the QB situation, but through 7 games we are 8th in the league in points scored. We are 31st in the league in points against.

As YE OLE brought up in another thread, this defense is on pace to give up 519 points this season. We need to really think about how bad that is. Just for a reference point, the 2001 team under Gregg "High School" Williams with rookies and journeymen all over the defense (real heavy hitters the likes of Raion Hill, Jay Foreman, Brandon Spoon, Erik Flowers, Leif Larsen, etc.) gave up 420 points that entire season. That team was in complete rebuilding mode, but seriously think back to how piss poor that unit was, and think how much worse this unit is playing.

With all due respect to those who disagree... it doesn't matter how untimely Fitz's bad throws were today, or through the first half of this season for that matter, because this defense is terrible in epic fashion. This isn't just going to rival the worst defensive units in our franchise history... it's going to rival the worst units in the entire history of this league.

Again, this team is ranked 8th in the league in points scored. We can and have done much worse than this over the past decade+. I'm all for finding a better QB, but Fitzpatrick for all of his physical limitations and poor throws is getting this offense in the endzone enough to win games... and today was no exception.

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons

Maybe Fitz isn't the long term answer here and this team needs to address the QB situation, but through 7 games we are 8th in the league in points scored. We are 31st in the league in points against.

As YE OLE brought up in another thread, this defense is on pace to give up 519 points this season. We need to really think about how bad that is. Just for a reference point, the 2001 team under Gregg "High School" Williams with rookies and journeymen all over the defense (Raion Hill, Jay Foreman, Brandon Spoon, Erik Flowers, Leif Larsen) gave up 420 points that entire season. That team was in complete rebuilding mode, but seriously think back to how piss poor that unit was, and think how much worse this unit is playing.

With all due respect to those who disagree... it doesn't matter how untimely Fitz's bad throws were today, or through the first half of this season for that matter, because this defense is terrible in epic fashion. This isn't just going to rival the worst defensive units in our franchise history... it's going to rival the worst units in the entire history of this league.

Again, this team is ranked 8th in the league in points scored. We can and have done much worse than this over the past decade+. I'm all for finding a better QB, but Fitzpatrick for all of his physical limitations and poor throws is getting this offense in the endzone enough to win games... and today was no exception.

well said.

As YE OLE brought up in another thread, this defense is on pace to give up 519 points this season. We need to really think about how bad that is. Just for a reference point, the 2001 team under Gregg "High School" Williams with rookies and journeymen all over the defense (real heavy hitters the likes of Raion Hill, Jay Foreman, Brandon Spoon, Erik Flowers, Leif Larsen, etc.) gave up 420 points that entire season. That team was in complete rebuilding mode, but seriously think back to how piss poor that unit was, and think how much worse this unit is playing.

Precisely.

The math is simple, the facts don't lie: giving up 32 ppg means you have to score 33 ppg to win, a feat only edit: nine professional teams since 1941 have accomplished.

Even the most ardent Fitz supporters concede he doesn't belong among those ranks...duh.

www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/greatest-scoring-offenses-all-nfl-history/6100

Edited by The Big Cat

And with 1:08 to go and 2 time outs, he manages to pick up 7 yards in four downs.

I don't believe ANYONE is arguing that Fitz ought to be evaluated on today's performance based on his ability to orchestrate a game winning drive (except you). He took A LOT more four snaps, just to KEEP us in the game when the defense indicated no desire to do so.

You do know most of his touchdowns came in garbage time??? I mean stats are deceiving my good friend... Carry on..

Anyway...

I didn't see this outstanding quarterback game from doo-doo that everybody else saw... I seen screens and dump passes with 8 yard slants?? Where was this outstanding game?? When he had to throw 10 yards or more what happen?? Missed and a pic.. Did i not see something???

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23