Chargers Broncos MNF

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If his heart was half the size of his ego and mouth, they'd win a few more games that count.

left out the part where I said he played in an afc championship with a torn pcl and injured acl, while the all star rb sat and sulked on the sidelines cause when healthy wasn't producing and still almost beat NE. Rivers would win games just like he did before if the chargers had a head coach worth a damn. Probably would've won Marty Schott a sb if AJ Smith could remove his ego from his anus

Rivers has sucked for two years now. He's fitz with more freedom and better weapons.

27 tds 20 picks over 4500 yards passing almost a 63% completion pct and that was without Vincent Jackson for most of last season. His overall play was down from the prior few years but that might have something to do with gates being injured getting older, Matthews being injury prone. Their oline sucking. Ron Rivera leaving their defense and special teams which cost them more games then anyone last year. Speaks far more to the failings of AJ Smith then the shortcomings of Rivers as a qb. Contrary to the status quo opinions. When players age, get injured the overall numbers of a qb regardless of who they are will go decline steadily. Rivers still put up high level elite numbers. This is a team who again didn't have Vincent Jackson most of the season last year. Sproles left. Their special teams cost them off hand about 4 games last season alone. Their defense has lacked. They've done nothing to help out the oline. Now they lose Jackson/Tolbert ask Floyd to step up and be the #1 and still deal with oline and defensive issues

Edited by Stealth

Speaking only for myself, I rarely listen to the announcers. I have the sound turned down right now because between inane announcers (Gruden tonight) and the elevated volume level of commercials, I often find NFL games to be unlistenable.

I wish there was some way to only have the crowd noise and no talking heads.

Hell I can call holding penalties when listening to games on the radio. Truth.

27 tds 20 picks over 4500 yards passing almost a 63% completion pct and that was without Vincent Jackson for most of last season. His overall play was down from the prior few years but that might have something to do with gates being injured getting older, Matthews being injury prone. Their oline sucking. Ron Rivera leaving their defense and special teams which cost them more games then anyone last year. Speaks far more to the failings of AJ Smith then the shortcomings of Rivers as a qb. Contrary to the status quo opinions. When players age, get injured the overall numbers of a qb regardless of who they are will go decline steadily. Rivers still put up high level elite numbers. This is a team who again didn't have Vincent Jackson most of the season last year. Sproles left. Their special teams cost them off hand about 4 games last season alone. Their defense has lacked. They've done nothing to help out the oline. Now they lose Jackson/Tolbert ask Floyd to step up and be the #1 and still deal with oline and defensive issues

Plus, he was hurt last year (not to sound to much like an excuser). He's a very good qb.

Anyone that thinks his game has much in common with fitz just hasn't watched them both play at all. I'd be hard pressed to pick a qb less like fitz (cutler?).

I live in san diego and watch more chargers games than bills games. get your facts straight. vincent jackson played all 16 games last year. it was 2010 where he held out for nearly the entire season (actually one of rivers' best seasons, so there goes the absence of vjax argument). you also left out rivers' 6 lost fumbles - and he literally fumbled away the chiefs game last year.

Rivers was great, statistically speaking, from '08 - '10, but he's been totally mediocre since then. And he's been at his worst in the clutch and in big mathups (tonight, 2nd half last week, last year vs Pats, Jets, etc.). The guy is slipping fast and it appears his best days are behind him. He's quickly approaching Carson Palmer territory.

Tom Brady is still better.

PTR

Brady goes down for the season, and the Pats* still get 11 wins. Manning goes down for the season, and the Colts get the number 1pick in the draft.

Enough for me

Brady goes down for the season, and the Pats* still get 11 wins. Manning goes down for the season, and the Colts get the number 1pick in the draft.

Enough for me

The beauty of that argument is you don't have to get all muddy with arguing things like skill sets, or make actual evaluations of their play.

Helluva comeback tonight....that pass by Manning to Stokely (I think it was him) at the very side of the end zone was just beautiful. This guy is a true field general.

I live in san diego and watch more chargers games than bills games. get your facts straight. vincent jackson played all 16 games last year. it was 2010 where he held out for nearly the entire season (actually one of rivers' best seasons, so there goes the absence of vjax argument). you also left out rivers' 6 lost fumbles - and he literally fumbled away the chiefs game last year.

Rivers was great, statistically speaking, from '08 - '10, but he's been totally mediocre since then. And he's been at his worst in the clutch and in big mathups (tonight, 2nd half last week, last year vs Pats, Jets, etc.). The guy is slipping fast and it appears his best days are behind him. He's quickly approaching Carson Palmer territory.

i love it. the problem around here is that the grass is always greener...imagined perception turns into reality when some fans watch 10 - 25% of other teams' games

Edited by bobobonators