Chargers Broncos MNF

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Denver needs to lose so we can be in the playoffs, at least today.

True...it is nice to be thinking playoffs in October...we only have another 10 pesky games to go.

By the way- Mitch and Murray is a reference to Glen Gary Glen Ross, correct?? Great play/movie.

True...it is nice to be thinking playoffs in October...we only have another 10 pesky games to go.

By the way- Mitch and Murray is a reference to Glen Gary Glen Ross, correct?? Great play/movie.

I enjoy the movie, if only for Alec Baldwin's scene. Which actually isn't included in the play, and neither is that character "Blake".

Pretty amazing that the Broncos are going to be 2-4 (probably) after making the playoffs and adding a top-5 all time QB. They've played a brutal schedule, but I expected them to contend.

They have a strong defense ( their secondary especially)...not sure what happened last week or tonight....and Von Miller is a stud. Fun to watch.

Edited by BringBackFergy

Peyton Manning is done as a top qb in this league he has looked every bit his age and not just today. A sure fire hall of fame career, but this is what it looks like when a great reaches the end of the line

Edited by Stealth

Peyton Manning is done as a top qb in this league he has looked every bit his age and not just today. A sure fire hall of fame career, but this is what it looks like when a great reaches the end of the line

He really hasn't looked poor in the games I've seen.

That pick 6 was on the WR according to Gruden- WR should have gone on quick out with blitz. Manning still has alot of football left in him....and if he doesn't, I'd take him as an offensive coordinator in about 20 seconds...he is the real megamind version 9.0 (2012)

Stats wise he still gets it done, but to me it's just not the same Peyton that made so/so Indy teams into superbowl contenders. I'm not saying he's not still a top 10 qb but I wouldn't put him in the top 5 anymore

I think part is that he's still establishing relationships here. Reggie Wayne, garçon, Harrison, Clark etc..... Don't miss those reads having been in the system. In Denver he's the only guy used to that system- rhythm, checks, etc.... His arms not 100% but I think that the adjustment period is the biggest thing.

I think it's clear that Manning has lost a bit on his fastball but even more so, there are 1-2 throws every game where he seems to lose his grip on the ball and the throw floats on him… and I think that has to do with the nerve damage he suffered.

That said, he's still a great QB and that INT was not on him, IMO.

Also it would have been a moot point had Decker not tripped on the 45 yard line with no defender within 10 yards of him.

And on that pick six, what the hell is wrong with the running back chasing the DB? Why would you slow down on a stop/start move when the guy you're chasing is ahead of you? Epically bad football instincts.

I feel the same way about Fitz sometimes...he has Stevie and Chandler...and an assortment of other receivers he hasn't meshed with yet (Jones, Graham, Smith)...hopefully, Fitz finds that connection soon because you can't throw to SJ and Chandler every time. Nelson was a big loss for the Bills.

I feel the same way about Fitz sometimes...he has Stevie and Chandler...and an assortment of other receivers he hasn't meshed with yet (Jones, Graham, Smith)...hopefully, Fitz finds that connection soon because you can't throw to SJ and Chandler every time. Nelson was a big loss for the Bills.

the assortment of other receivers just aren't very good. The Nelson loss was the worst thing that could happen to the passing game outside of losing SJ13. I don't wanna ring the hype machine but really is Easley just not ready to contribute. I can't imagine he'd be any less productive then the rest of the wrs on this team

Edited by Stealth

The best thing about live-game threads (thanks for starting Fergy) is that you get a real feel for posters' football knowledge.

You get fresh opinions, unaffected by people having read media stories or other people's opinions.

San Jose- good point. Never thought of it that way.

Ohhh...Peyton has some football left in him. Great read on that pass.