Chargers Broncos MNF

That pick 6 was on the WR according to Gruden- WR should have gone on quick out with blitz. Manning still has alot of football left in him....and if he doesn't, I'd take him as an offensive coordinator in about 20 seconds...he is the real megamind version 9.0 (2012)

Manning on the Bills sideline holding a clipboard while Fitz makes the throws is the very definition of wrong.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys remember what it was like when our offense hit the field in the 90's...when Kelly had the ball and dropped back to pass you just knew it was a completion (most of the time)...the confidence he had was amazing. That is how Manning plays...and Brady. Fitz has confidence...but lacks the skillset. I cringe when he drops back...but I like the guy for some reason and can only hope he becomes Manninglike in terms of confidence and basic skills soon.

Manning on the Bills sideline holding a clipboard while Fitz makes the throws is the very definition of wrong.

LOL...I meant in a year or 2 when we have a stud rookie QB

This is a fumble just like Fitz.

My wife, not the biggest football fan in the world just saw a TV shot of Philip Rivers and proclaimed, "Wow, that guy looks like a total sleazebag."

Maye she does know something about football.

Do you guys remember what it was like when our offense hit the field in the 90's...when Kelly had the ball and dropped back to pass you just knew it was a completion (most of the time)...the confidence he had was amazing. That is how Manning plays...and Brady. Fitz has confidence...but lacks the skillset. I cringe when he drops back...but I like the guy for some reason and can only hope he becomes Manninglike in terms of confidence and basic skills soon.

Fitz had confiedence. I feel like he's lost some over the past few games.

I feel the same way about Fitz sometimes...he has Stevie and Chandler...and an assortment of other receivers he hasn't meshed with yet (Jones, Graham, Smith)...hopefully, Fitz finds that connection soon because you can't throw to SJ and Chandler every time. Nelson was a big loss for the Bills.

Fitz has been gifted just about as much stability as possible. Frankly more than our passing game has earned based on performance.

3rd year with the coach, only one new wr in the whole squad this year really (wr, TE or rb)

Further, manning is doing complex presnap adjustments all game long. Ours, not so much.

Edited by NoSaint

Pretty amazing that the Broncos are going to be 2-4 (probably) after making the playoffs and adding a top-5 all time QB. They've played a brutal schedule, but I expected them to contend.

Not that amazing given said brutal schedule. Luckiest 8-8 team ever last yr. They're a significantly better team this year.

The best thing about live-game threads (thanks for starting Fergy) is that you get a real feel for posters' football knowledge.

You get fresh opinions, unaffected by people having read media stories or other people's opinions.

Yeah, Manning's got tons of good football left in him.

You may not realize it but color commentators have a huge impact on how people perceive the game.

One time there were 100 experts here talking about how much Levitre sucks because the analyst pointed out how he missed a block & showed the replay.

Edited by BuffOrange

You may not realize it but color commentators have a huge impact on how people receive the game.

I remember they showed a replay of Levitre getting beat once & there were 100 experts here talking about how much he sucks.

Speaking only for myself, I rarely listen to the announcers. I have the sound turned down right now because between inane announcers (Gruden tonight) and the elevated volume level of commercials, I often find NFL games to be unlistenable.

I wish there was some way to only have the crowd noise and no talking heads.

Fitz has been gifted just about as much stability as possible. Frankly more than our passing game has earned based on performance.

3rd year with the coach, only one new wr in the whole squad this year really (wr, TE or rb)

Further, manning is doing complex presnap adjustments all game long. Ours, not so much.

With Chan's offense (not that I am a pro at this stuff) it is my understanding Fitz doesn't have to audible as much because there are so many alternatives for the QB (receivers running in bunches, veering off, finding gaps in zones, TE, RB dump off, etc)...maybe Chan should let Fitz audible out more based on what he sees...the guy is smart enough to make adjustments in my opinion.

Peyton on fire...