VERY weak fan base in here....

One winning season (9-7,2004) in the past 13 years.

Longest playoff drought in the league.

Back to back games that set NFL records for both opposing teams (Patriots second team in NFL history to have a 300 yard passer, two 100 yard rushers and two 100 yard receivers and the 49ers first team in the NFL to have 300 yards passing and 300 yards rushing in the same game.).

This fan base has earned the right to complain.

I don't like giving up on the season and never have but this has gone on far too long.

Sorry for the negativity.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading some of the posts and topics calling for the Bills to pack it up and move. Are u people serious? Im just as mad as anyone else with Buffalo's losing ways, poor coaching and Ralphs hiring that are a disater. But really at the end of the day guys, do you really want to see 30 Mayflower trucks in Ralph Wilson parking lot packing it up.

I hope it gets better, because the people who deserve a winning team the most are the fans of the Buffalo Bills.

Love em or leave em.... New England is looking for a few good fans!

This post is not directed at everyone, just some of the morons on here.

mayflower? are you kidding? uhaul, and the players would be enlisted to load the trucks.

I don't believe in curses but the Bills, the city and the fan base sure seem like they are cursed. Remember the 250+ page thread when Mario Williams signed? Who but the usual negative trolls thought that was a bad move? How many "Sign Wanny!" threads were there? How many national media people thought the Bills were going to be good? Our optimism wasn't unfounded.

And yet here we are. It's inexplicable. Maybe there is something to "The Secret", only in reverse. The more that goes right for the Bills, the more people expect something horrible to happen....and then does.

PTR

It's not a curse, it's bad coaching. At first I thought that Gailey was an improvement over Jauron, but I was wrong. Under Jauron, I don't remember many blowout losses. Our problems were on the offensive side, pretty much. Now we suck on both sides of the ball. Gailey has got to go. You will never hear me say that the Bills should pack it up and move. That is just silly. I would be lost without the Bills to pull for every week. I am embarrassed by their performance the past two weeks and week one against the Jests, but every week, I hope for the best. I will continue to do that, although I no longer am surprised by performances like yesterday.

It's not a curse, it's bad coaching. At first I thought that Gailey was an improvement over Jauron, but I was wrong. Under Jauron, I don't remember many blowout losses. Our problems were on the offensive side, pretty much. Now we suck on both sides of the ball. Gailey has got to go. You will never hear me say that the Bills should pack it up and move. That is just silly. I would be lost without the Bills to pull for every week. I am embarrassed by their performance the past two weeks and week one against the Jests, but every week, I hope for the best. I will continue to do that, although I no longer am surprised by performances like yesterday.

But nothing changes but the names. The result is the same. No, actually it gets worse.

PTR

It's the curse of Leon Czolgosz.

But nothing changes but the names. The result is the same. No, actually it gets worse.

PTR

There's nothing I dread more at this point than seeing the 'reset' button being pushed on this perpetual rebuilding effort. But it looks like we're headed in that direction. 3 years and who's next? And can expect anything to change? Other than as you say the names.

That is what is discouraging, not the losses, not the poor play but the never ending cycle of futility. And I disagree with the OP's conclusion that this fan base is weak. Far from it, this fan base has endured more pain and suffering than almost any fan base on the planet of any sport. And they keep getting up to go another round.

Wow. Just wow. With 11 regular season games to be played, I cannot fathom such despondancy.

No doubt folks are in much better spirits after a win, but I can only surmise that the near-suicidal tendencies being displayed after consecutive, embarrassing, blow-out losses just reinforces how passionate Bills' fans are about their team.

Sure, we sucked the last two weeks - and sure, we not only sucked...we sucked really, really bad - but I am of the strong opinion that this board will have a completely different tone next Monday.

Possible QB questions for the Cardinals (Skelton is healthy and practicing) - plus facing "the lowly Bills", at home, after a long week, with the idea of traveling to Minnesota to face the Viking the following week looming in the back their minds - all could add up to a stunning upset by the Bills.

I'm thinking that a week back in his home town helps Fitz get his head screwed back on straight...

Buffalo Bills - 58

Arizona Cardinals - 0

As for any talk of relocation, the Buffalo Bills will be playing their home games here in WNY long after we are all food for worms.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

16 and 3 baby!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

I'm disallusioned, I'm disappointed, I played golf yesterday...but I'm a fan.

[editorial]When a thread is started about the team moving don't you consider whether the person starting the thread might be a troll? Why do people feel compelled to play into the hands of that person? Ignore it and it will go away; feed it and it will grow.

Does this mean that we can't have differing opinions? Of course not, we expect them. Weed through the posts and find those that you are compelled to answer. Stick to those, leave the BS ones alone. [/editorial]

Wow. Just wow. With 11 regular season games to be played, I cannot fathom such despondancy.

No doubt folks are in much better spirits after a win, but I can only surmise that the near-suicidal tendencies being displayed after consecutive, embarrassing, blow-out losses just reinforces how passionate Bills' fans are about their team.

Sure, we sucked the last two weeks - and sure, we not only sucked...we sucked really, really bad - but I am of the strong opinion that this board will have a completely different tone next Monday.

Possible QB questions for the Cardinals (Skeleton is healthy and practicing) - plus facing "the lowly Bills", at home, after a long week, with the idea of traveling to Minnesota to face the Viking the following week looming in the back their minds - all could add up to a stunning upset by the Bills.

I'm thinking that a week back in his home town helps Fitz get his head screwed back on straight...

Buffalo Bills - 58

Arizona Cardinals - 0

As for any talk of relocation, the Buffalo Bills will be playing their home games here in WNY long after we are all food for worms.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

16 and 3 baby!!!!! :beer:

Wow...something besides 19-0. 18-1. 17-2, 16-3

I'll have to take your prediction of a 'Stunning upset" with a grain of salt, the same as I did with those that thought the Bills would "upset" the niners.

First of all, stop with the "we" stuff. No one here is a member of the team, and very few are associated with the organization. If you lose your job Mario Williams and Ryan Fitzpatrick don't give a flying duck, and Ralph Wilson isn't showing up to pay your mortgage. They don't care about you, and never will.

Second, it's not that the Bills sucked. Everyone around this place has seen the the Bills suck more often than they haven't. It's not even that they sucked "really, really bad". We've all seen that too. It doesn't phase us. Hell, half the time we expect it as fans.

What sets this apart is that we bought in, and drank the "3 Year Plan" kool-aide. We bought the hype this off season. We rejoiced as Ralph Wilson finally opened up his wallet, and put what we were asked to believe were the final pieces into place. We were told our loyalty was finally being rewarded.

Our reward? Not sucking. Not even sucking "really, really bad". No, we were rewarded with the worst sucking ever in the whole history of professional football, and none of us were prepared for it.

I don't believe in curses but the Bills, the city and the fan base sure seem like they are cursed. Remember the 250+ page thread when Mario Williams signed? Who but the usual negative trolls thought that was a bad move? How many "Sign Wanny!" threads were there? How many national media people thought the Bills were going to be good? Our optimism wasn't unfounded.

And yet here we are. It's inexplicable. Maybe there is something to "The Secret", only in reverse. The more that goes right for the Bills, the more people expect something horrible to happen....and then does.

PTR

The curse is simply explained. It's called Wade Phillips, Gregg Williams, Mike Mularky, Dick Jauron, and Chan Gailey.

Jokers in = jokers out.

Sure, we sucked the last two weeks - and sure, we not only sucked...we sucked really, really bad - but I am of the strong opinion that this board will have a completely different tone next Monday..

I would say probably a week from Monday. I don't hold out much hope against AZ. But the Titans at home I'm still hopeful.

I am one of the most optimistic, look-for-the-silver-lining guys around, but I've finally come to the realization I'm wasting my time -- and furthermore, the Bills don't deserve my support for the product they've put on the field.

PTR

PTR

If eball and PTR are this down then I can't blame anyone for feeling pessimistic. I am generally ultra positive regarding the Bills, but it's been almost beaten out of me.

Reading some of the posts and topics calling for the Bills to pack it up and move. Are u people serious? Im just as mad as anyone else with Buffalo's losing ways, poor coaching and Ralphs hiring that are a disater. But really at the end of the day guys, do you really want to see 30 Mayflower trucks in Ralph Wilson parking lot packing it up.

I hope it gets better, because the people who deserve a winning team the most are the fans of the Buffalo Bills.

Love em or leave em.... New England is looking for a few good fans!

This post is not directed at everyone, just some of the morons on here.

For what we go through with this team I think there is a very strong fan base here and around the country. We're weak because we're all pissed off right now?