Russell Wilson will never be elite

ny33

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been a monster at home, but he is on a team that averages 4 less points than the Bills. The Seahawks have scored 30 points once this season. The Bills have scored 30+ twice and lost. I know we have to hate Fitz but Wilson would have zero difference on our season. It's all about Seattle's defense and our lack of one. Long term, Wilson's ceiling is higher but not this season.

He's been a monster at home, but he is on a team that averages 4 less points than the Bills. The Seahawks have scored 30 points once this season. The Bills have scored 30+ twice and lost. I know we have to hate Fitz but Wilson would have zero difference on our season. It's all about Seattle's defense and our lack of one. Long term, Wilson's ceiling is higher but not this season.

He might not have thrown picks vs the Titans and Pats*. And having Wilson would have meant no TJ to run the wrong route.

While we will never know if Wilson would've made a difference in our season, going forward, he could have made a big difference in our future. I think he's going to get better and better. Maybe not elite status, but a very good QB and a great role model/leader

• 2 weeks later...

While Wilson is starting at QB for Seattle, it's fairly evident that he will never be an elite QB. To those of you who keep complaining that we didn't draft him: Graham has been very solid with his targets, struggling mainly with balls thrown far out of his reach.

I don't think Fitz will win us games, but Wilson's limitations due to his height, combined with other problems in his game, mean that he will be a bottom 10 QB in the league. Is it impressive that he is starting as a rookie over a big-budget free agent signing in Flynn? Yes, but that doesn't mean that Wilson has what it takes to lead a team in a deep playoff run. I do lament the fact that we picked Dalton over Williams, though, especially given the fact that we hadn't made such a commitment to Fitzpatrick at that time.

Looked pretty good again today. Still prefer what we have at QB and WR over Wilson?

Looked pretty good again today. Still prefer what we have at QB and WR over Wilson?

I don't prefer them. Nor did I say he won't be good, but rather not elite and probably not worth drafting. At this point, though, I take that back. He's a player.

I don't prefer them. Nor did I say he won't be good, but rather not elite and probably not worth drafting. At this point, though, I take that back. He's a player.

Wasn't prodding, just wondering whether you had seen enough to change your thinking. He appears to have the IT factor (how far that takes him I have no idea).

Wasn't prodding, just wondering whether you had seen enough to change your thinking. He appears to have the IT factor (how far that takes him I have no idea).

He'll be a long-term starter, definitely. As for our game vs. Seattle, I hope Browner and Sherman are out. It's a bad matchup for us.

He'll be a long-term starter, definitely. As for our game vs. Seattle, I hope Browner and Sherman are out. It's a bad matchup for us.

Those two, IMHO, are the best CB tandem in the league right now. If they get suspended on roid charges, the Bills have a shot. With them in the backfield, I don't see much opportunity for Stevie, Donald or TJ to make much of an impact

I'm not sure what Russell Wilson's ceiling is but I think he has a nice high floor.

Once he seasons, he's not gonna lose many games with errors and I think he'll pull out more wins than most QBs under adverse conditions.

Elite? Probably not but not out of question either.

But a good solid pro who can win?

IMO, yes.

I'm not sure what Russell Wilson's ceiling is but I think he has a nice high floor.

Once he seasons, he's not gonna lose many games with errors and I think he'll pull out more wins than most QBs under adverse conditions.

Elite? Probably not but not out of question either.

But a good solid pro who can win?

IMO, yes.

A Matt Schaub type of starter?