Donte and Chick Fil-A

I think Teddy with the brain freeze got off at the wrong exit and compounded it by also making a wrong turn. He reminds me of Chevy Chase in "Nothing But Trouble".

Very funny. I stopped arguing with said Teddy after he brought up something that happened in the Reagan years to justify Obama's current mess. His anger comes from the fact that he knows he is wrong. I know he is smart enough to see all the facts but he has some hidden reason to hold on to the "hope" and " change" promise. Make no mistake, even Obama has given up on that. Let me be clear, all he is running on or has to run on is Romney is a liar and he Ida mean rich guy.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said it does not go both ways. But I sure hope you will be fair enough to recognize the chick fil a thing was a millions times more blown out than the oreo. I did not even know about the oreo until you posted this

And you don't think it was blown up a bit by the conservative-religious faction of the Republican party? You can rail on all you want about "liberal fascists" and their causes...but you seem oblivious to the irony in that.

What so many miss about the whole Chik Fil-A dust up (though it has been made loads of times): it wasn't Cathy's words, it was their corporate decision to donate money to anti-gay organizations (some very radical)....if you happen to agree with their stance, you won't have a problem with it. If you don't you may consider whether you want to spend your money, supporting a company that will redistribute your money to causes you are opposed to. Once the euphoria of their "record sales" days from the controversy settled, being the dollar worshipers they are, Chik-Fil A has since issued a statement that they will no longer donate to these groups...I found that pretty funny. Money talks..."freedom" has its' price.

Edited by Buftex

And you don't think it was blown up a bit by the conservative-religious faction of the Republican party? You can rail on all you want about "liberal fascists" and their causes...but you seem oblivious to the irony in that.

What so many miss about the whole Chik Fil-A dust up (though it has been made loads of times): it wasn't Cathy's words, it was their corporate decision to donate money to anti-gay organizations (some very radical)....if you happen to agree with their stance, you won't have a problem with it. If you don't you may consider whether you want to spend your money, supporting a company that will redistribute your money to causes you are opposed to. Once the euphoria of their "record sales" days from the controversy settled, being the dollar worshipers they are, Chik-Fil A has since issued a statement that they will no longer donate to these groups...I found that pretty funny. Money talks..."freedom" has its' price.

A company that closes once per week and have left untold millions on the table by doing so are a bunch of "dollar worshippers?"

Come on......

The fact is, virtually ALL companies private AND public donate money to "causes", many of them in the socio-political arena, some of them would even be considered "radical." YOUR "radical" Focus on the Family is MY radical MoveOn.org (See: Progressive Insurance).

The fact that CFA is being singled out for doing what ALL companies legally do is mob-driven stupidity.

Edited by RkFast

Very funny. I stopped arguing with said Teddy after he brought up something that happened in the Reagan years to justify Obama's current mess. His anger comes from the fact that he knows he is wrong. I know he is smart enough to see all the facts but he has some hidden reason to hold on to the "hope" and " change" promise. Make no mistake, even Obama has given up on that. Let me be clear, all he is running on or has to run on is Romney is a liar and he Ida mean rich guy.

Which was mostly blown-up by the first debate. The next 2 should do even more to help Romney dispel the distortions created by Barry and the MSM.

A company that closes once per week and have left untold millions on the table by doing so are a bunch of "dollar worshippers?"

Come on......

Anyone suggesting Chick-Fil-A is a "dollar worshiper" is simply showing just how absolutely married they are to any progressive meme they can latch on to with no individual thought on their own behalf. To be honest, it's impossible to imagine ANY parroting progressive would even think twice about bringing up Chick-Fil-A after half the world showed up on restaurant doorsteps across the country to show them just out of touch they are with reality, followed by one dumbass mayor after another changing their mind about whether the restaurant can set up shop in their cities.

I still laugh at a moronic progressive like Emmanuel, whose city spends every weekend finding new ways for gangs to murder numerous children, explaining to the world how Chick-Fil-A doesn't reflect the city's morals.

What a hoot..............."Bush Cabal".....lol ..............Gee who won the house and senate in 2006 ? (Forgot about that. didn't you??)....Too easy

I tell you what Sonny, I'll just give you a chart so perhaps you can grasp it

The Hill: CBO reports deficit was $1.1 trillion in 2012. “The government’s fiscal 2012 has now come to a close and the score is in. The budget deficit for 2012 was $1.1 trillion, the fourth year of trillion-dollar deficits under President Obama.”

Obama likes to blame these deficits on “Bush’s two wars,” but as you can see, the deficit was declining when Bush was fighting those.

obamadebt.jpg

The two wars were off the books in terms of the federal deficit, but you always get tripped up when facts get in the way.....

Did you know you were actually on PPP now and will be held accountable for every stupid statement you make? Are you saying deficits caused the 2008 meltdown?

C'mon. Let's hear another cheap excuse about it being he 'democrats fault'. Bu$h was accountable for nothing in your compartmentalized world.......

The two wars were off the books in terms of the federal deficit, but you always get tripped up when facts get in the way.....

C'mon. Let's hear another cheap excuse about it being he 'democrats fault'. Bu$h was accountable for nothing in your compartmentalized world.......

Answer the question or go away. We already have enough stupid schits polluting the water here.

Wow, from Donte Whitner eating a chicken sandwich to all this. Somebody's got a severe case of the BDS*

*Bush Derangement Syndrome

LOL.... you aren't kidding.

I wonder how he justifies "counting" the (off the books) wars against Mr. Bush's deficit, but apparently we aren't supposed to the same for Mr. Obama.

He's a buffoon of the first order.

Edited by B-Man

Anyone else find it slightly amusing that a player that lives in a metro area with the largest gay population in the country saying that "One of my favorite spots to eat in Ohio is at Chick Fil-A. I think I went to Chick Fil-A almost every day."

Politics aside, I'd imagine you wouldn't want to antagonize your fan base, regardless if you think they're right or wrong on an issue like this .... even if you probably don't get or understand the issue (which seems like the case here with Donte's pea brain).

Personally, I've never liked Chick Fil-A, thought it was bonehead for a company to effectively antagonize half their customer base, and dumb when mayors accross the country pledged to keep the restaurants out, and even dumber when idiots had rally around the restaurant day.

But for Donte, I dont see any upside mentioning this to your fan base on your team website. Thoughts?

http://www.49ers.com...8e-ea0a12fb5b46

So you're saying their fanbase is gay and that half of Chick customers are gay?

Beat me to it. Since the wars were funded with continuous "supplemental appropriations" until 2007, they never show up in deficits. If you want to measure the federal government's real revenue gap, you have to look at the increase in debt itself, not the annual deficits.

In which case, Clinton never ran a budget surplus either. :P Can't have it both ways.

LOL.... you aren't kidding.

I wonder how he justifies "counting" the (off the books) wars against Mr. Bush's deficit, but apparently we aren't supposed to the same for Mr. Obama.

He's a buffoon of the first order.

Technically, Mr. Obama has never run a budget deficit. You need a BUDGET to do that.

Beat me to it. Since the wars were funded with continuous "supplemental appropriations" until 2007, they never show up in deficits. If you want to measure the federal government's real revenue gap, you have to look at the increase in debt itself, not the annual deficits.

In which case, Clinton never ran a budget surplus either. :P Can't have it both ways.

Technically, Mr. Obama has never run a budget deficit. You need a BUDGET to do that.

You need Congress to VOTE on the budget,and

they've never done that

So then, you'll agree that Bu$h is responsible for the crash of the economy in 2008. You can't have it both ways..

The House passed a budget in 2011 and 2012. Harry Reid would not bring the budget up for a vote in the Senate

Meanwhile Barry's budget proposals have gotten the goose egg in both Houses. Not even 1 Dem voted for it!\

And how Clinton and Dubya hiding deficits mean Dubya is responsible for the crash of 2008 is anyone's guess.

Come on......

The fact is, virtually ALL companies private AND public donate money to "causes", many of them in the socio-political arena, some of them would even be considered "radical." YOUR "radical" Focus on the Family is MY radical MoveOn.org (See: Progressive Insurance).

The fact that CFA is being singled out for doing what ALL companies legally do is mob-driven stupidity.

As usual, you missed my point...CFA has since announced that they will not donate money to the offending groups....did they do that out of some sudden feeling of guilt? Or, did they do it when they saw that it was going to affect their bottom line?

And btw- Focus On the Family is not the "radical" group Chik Fil-A was donating to.

As usual, you missed my point...CFA has since announced that they will not donate money to the offending groups....did they do that out of some sudden feeling of guilt? Or, did they do it when they saw that it was going to affect their bottom line?

And btw- Focus On the Family is not the "radical" group Chik Fil-A was donating to.

Did you not call them "dollar worshipers"?

Yeah......you did.

And you have zero clue what motivations they have for changing their donation policy. None.