Donte and Chick Fil-A

Anyone else find it slightly amusing that a player that lives in a metro area with the largest gay population in the country saying that "One of my favorite spots to eat in Ohio is at Chick Fil-A. I think I went to Chick Fil-A almost every day."

Politics aside, I'd imagine you wouldn't want to antagonize your fan base, regardless if you think they're right or wrong on an issue like this .... even if you probably don't get or understand the issue (which seems like the case here with Donte's pea brain).

Personally, I've never liked Chick Fil-A, thought it was bonehead for a company to effectively antagonize half their customer base, and dumb when mayors accross the country pledged to keep the restaurants out, and even dumber when idiots had rally around the restaurant day.

But for Donte, I dont see any upside mentioning this to your fan base on your team website. Thoughts?

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Whitners-Blog-Facing-Old-Friends/181c1c05-db91-4067-b18e-ea0a12fb5b46

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else find it slightly amusing that a player that lives in a metro area with the largest gay population in the country saying that "One of my favorite spots to eat in Ohio is at Chick Fil-A. I think I went to Chick Fil-A almost every day."

Politics aside, I'd imagine you wouldn't want to antagonize your fan base, regardless if you think they're right or wrong on an issue like this .... even if you probably don't get or understand the issue (which seems like the case here with Donte's pea brain).

Personally, I've never liked Chick Fil-A, thought it was bonehead for a company to effectively antagonize half their customer base, and dumb when mayors accross the country pledged to keep the restaurants out, and even dumber when idiots had rally around the restaurant day.

But for Donte, I dont see any upside mentioning this to your fan base on your team website. Thoughts?

http://www.49ers.com...8e-ea0a12fb5b46

I don't see anything wrong with it. The worst part about Chik Fil-A is that its closed on Sundays so I have to get it late Saturday night to hold me over

http://www.49ers.com...8e-ea0a12fb5b46

Thoughts? yea, obviously you have never been to SF, and have zero idea of what you speak.

Liking chicken doesn't have to be political. He can eat there and hold a different opinion than the owners, who are entitled to think/say/do what they want. This is America.

Personally, I would never eat there because I wouldn't want my money going to an organization that will use it for something I 100% disagree with, but who cares who eats there?

Then again, it is only chicken, folks.

This whole anti Chick-fil-A thing is bogus.

It's well known it's a Christian-oriented private company. I've met the Cathys. They're decent people. An executive, the president, was asked his opinion on gay marriage by a Christian publication. He gave his opinion. The "tolerance" crowd saw the quote, and blew it up into a dishonest fiasco.

You can support gay marriage, you may not. Whatever. The whole anti Chick-fil-A stance is hypocritical to the extreme--we support tolerance...unless you disagree with us...then we won't tolerate you. We saw this mentality in Chicago with the mayor trying to ban the restaurant, as well as in Boston.

Besides...it's just a freakin chicken sandwich. So what if he likes to eat there.

I don't ever eat fast food but now I make a special effort to go to chick fil a because I am so sick and tired of the fascist liberals in this country that will destroy people because they have an opinion different than theirs. I am not religious but I respect the right of people to be. The bible clearly states that god does not approve of homosexuality. Why is it not ok for the Christians of this country to hold on to that belief is beyond me.

I think it's just better not to respond to that one. So I won't.

Nothing like fascists deciding for others who can get, . . Whoops. Nothing to see there folks.

Good thing the Christian right has responded in similar situations with a compassionate desire to support others right to free expression of ideas they disagree with. . .well maybe not so much.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-06-27/news/32444968_1_cookie-gay-pride-kraft-foods

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/20/one-million-moms-nbc-boycott_n_1691046.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Family_Association

Edited by gjnoronh

I think it's just better not to respond to that one. So I won't.

Nothing like fascists deciding for others who can get, . . Whoops. Nothing to see here folks.

Good thing the Christian right has responded in similar situations with compassionate desire to support others views . . .well sort of.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-06-27/news/32444968_1_cookie-gay-pride-kraft-foods

I never said it does not go both ways. But I sure hope you will be fair enough to recognize the chick fil a thing was a millions times more blown out than the oreo. I did not even know about the oreo until you posted this

The Oreo was a fake picture of a cookie posted on the companies Facebook page. The chick fil A issue involves donations of large amounts of money to a highly controversial organization. If a US corporation was donating to a radical islamic organization I think that would get far more press, and really in many ways that would be a more analagous situation. Controversial minority religious beliefs with a real fear by some americans (rightly or wrongly) about risks of violence.

While I agree issues go both ways I don't think these two are remotely comparable.

Thoughts? yea, obviously you have never been to SF, and have zero idea of what you speak.

No I have never been to San Fransisco, so please enlighten me. My interest here wasn't in the political side of this issue per se (I live in DC I get enough of that), my interest was in the fact that a player on team in what I assumed was the most gay friendly city in America saying he loves eating at a restaurant that many in that said city, including the mayor, called a bigoted corporation.

I'd like to know how that's playing in SF, I you know, please share. Sorry if I offended you somehow.