Our roster is good. Our coaching is bad.

For our offensive mind (Chan), we have a guy who was not even a standout college head coach. He was just decent at Georgia tech. Our defense is being run by a guy who was all but fired at Pitt (Wanstedtt). So basically we have two guys running our schemes who didn't even stand out in college.

I think our rosters on both sides of the ball are pretty good. On offense, our biggest weakness is Fitz though (which is a big issue though), who is below average but servicable IMO. Our running backs are beasts. Our O-line is stout and I'm starting to think our receiving core is fairly good. Stevie is good, Chandler is good and I think Graham is a real threat who could end up being a Mike Wallace type (teams are really going to have to start respecting his speed; if only Fitz could ever hit him!). I also think David Nelson is good but unfortunately he is out for the year. With him there are 4 good receiving targets.

On defense, our d-line is really good, despite their lack of production today. It may be coaching that is disallowing them to flourish. Look at how Maybin has turned into a pretty good situational pass rusher for the jets. Look at how lackluster Mario Williams is under this staff. Since Chan got here, our pass rush has sucked. We do not know how to develop or utilize pass rushers. Our safeties are good IMO and our corners are proving to be pretty decent young up and comers. Our linebackers are questionable.

Overall, I think Buddy has done pretty well with the roster, other than how he has handled the QB situation. We have to bring in an elite prospect there.

Chan's biggest offensive mistake is he continues to think Fitz is better than he is. I am getting really pissed off at how many times we run an empty backfield. We're one of the best running teams in the league. Even on passing plays, you have to have a running back in the backfield so the defense has to respect it. It's ridiculous and he does it because he thinks he can win with Fitz at the helm of the passing game. I'm really tired of that formation.

Wanny sucks, period.

Buddy tried to land Jim Harbaugh (before we got Chan), but he didn't want to come to Buffalo which really adds to the challenge as GM here (getting good coaches). He also tried to get Mike Nolan after firing our defensive coordinator. No good coaches want to come. Hence, we end up with Wanny. This is a big part of the reason Buffalo sucks! I wish we landed Harbaugh. I wish we landed Nolan. Our coaching sucks. Buddy has done a good job with the roster IMO, but we have to get a QB and a better coaching staff.

I'm so freaking sick of this team right now. Get your **** together! I'm seriously getting to the point where I might need to work hard to unfan myself.

By what measure can you say our players are good? I'm not looking to disagree. I'm looking for a legitimate argument that we have talented players throughout the roster. I count 3 on DL, no LBs, no safeties, and 1 up and coming CB. I agree that Wanny doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground scheme wise, but I really would like to see the case for why we have so much talent.

GO BILLS!!!

I could never unfan myself. I can see your point though. I agree with just about everything. IMO, it's the offensive playcalling and the defensive schemes more than anything. Last year during our 5-2 run, we were really good at halftime adjustment. unfortunately, we haven't been good since then. Today made me want to puke.

I never understood the hype for Wanntrash. He has been mediocre everywhere he has been and has a long standing history of playing a conservative base defense. Look at any good D in the NFL today, they utilize the blitz in many different ways and keep the QB guessing the whole game..

Brady looked like he was in his backyard..

NO team aside from the Giants on there best day can play the Pats rushing 4 the whole game and be successful.

For our offensive mind (Chan), we have a guy who was not even a standout college head coach. He was just decent at Georgia tech. Our defense is being run by a guy who was all but fired at Pitt (Wanstedtt). So basically we have two guys running our schemes who didn't even stand out in college.

I think our rosters on both sides of the ball are pretty good. On offense, our biggest weakness is Fitz though (which is a big issue though), who is below average but servicable IMO. Our running backs are beasts. Our O-line is stout and I'm starting to think our receiving core is fairly good. Stevie is good, Chandler is good and I think Graham is a real threat who could end up being a Mike Wallace type (teams are really going to have to start respecting his speed; if only Fitz could ever hit him!). I also think David Nelson is good but unfortunately he is out for the year. With him there are 4 good receiving targets.

On defense, our d-line is really good, despite their lack of production today. It may be coaching that is disallowing them to flourish. Look at how Maybin has turned into a pretty good situational pass rusher for the jets. Look at how lackluster Mario Williams is under this staff. Since Chan got here, our pass rush has sucked. We do not know how to develop or utilize pass rushers. Our safeties are good IMO and our corners are proving to be pretty decent young up and comers. Our linebackers are questionable.

Overall, I think Buddy has done pretty well with the roster, other than how he has handled the QB situation. We have to bring in an elite prospect there.

Chan's biggest offensive mistake is he continues to think Fitz is better than he is. I am getting really pissed off at how many times we run an empty backfield. We're one of the best running teams in the league. Even on passing plays, you have to have a running back in the backfield so the defense has to respect it. It's ridiculous and he does it because he thinks he can win with Fitz at the helm of the passing game. I'm really tired of that formation.

Wanny sucks, period.

Buddy tried to land Jim Harbaugh (before we got Chan), but he didn't want to come to Buffalo which really adds to the challenge as GM here (getting good coaches). He also tried to get Mike Nolan after firing our defensive coordinator. No good coaches want to come. Hence, we end up with Wanny. This is a big part of the reason Buffalo sucks! I wish we landed Harbaugh. I wish we landed Nolan. Our coaching sucks. Buddy has done a good job with the roster IMO, but we have to get a QB and a better coaching staff.

I'm so freaking sick of this team right now. Get your **** together! I'm seriously getting to the point where I might need to work hard to unfan myself.

Unfortunately the new coaching staff will have to wait until the ownership and lease issues are settled. Until then we are stuck with what we have.

Wanny sucks, period.

Empty backfield was kind of required today. With two backs injured and doing barely anything, we had to put the entire offense on Fitzpatrick's arm.

I am getting really pissed off at how many times we run an empty backfield.

Well thought out post. This was the line I most identify with. Aaron Roders and Tom Brady are good enough to run empty backfield and declare to the defense this is 100% guaranteed pass. Even then I fail to understand why you declare your play selection so clearly.

No chance you can run a quick draw to keep them honest or have the rb sneak out into a pattern. It's just garbage.

Our roster is average. Our coaching is average. That equates to an equal amount of wins and losses. A 2-2 record now is about right for this team, with 8-8 when the season ends. The Bills need major upgrades at QB, WR,LB, and DE (yes DE) before this team will legitimitaly earns a playoff spot.

Our roster is average. Our coaching is average. That equates to an equal amount of wins and losses. A 2-2 record now is about right for this team, with 8-8 when the season ends. The Bills need major upgrades at QB, WR,LB, and DE (yes DE) before this team will legitimitaly earns a playoff spot.

Our coaching staff is below average.

Gailey I think is making good with the offense considering who we have at qb.

I don't get our problems with stache. He seemed to run the exact same play every snap

Yeah but the problem is Chan is loyal to a fault. You better believe he is in the team meetings telling Buddy he can win with Fitz and he likes him. It's partly Chan's fault that Fitz is the QB. If Chan told Buddy that Fitz isn;t good enough, they would have made a move by now. I do think he does a decen job with the offense, but his blind spot with Fitz is killing him!

How the last two games ended speaks volumes. We have Chan taking a knee whiile Bellicheat runs up the score. We pick nice guys like Jauron and Chan that interview well in a division with mean spirited pricks who win.

Good point.

Well thought out post. This was the line I most identify with. Aaron Roders and Tom Brady are good enough to run empty backfield and declare to the defense this is 100% guaranteed pass. Even then I fail to understand why you declare your play selection so clearly.

No chance you can run a quick draw to keep them honest or have the rb sneak out into a pattern. It's just garbage.

Thanks. Yeah, You have to have the threat of the run. Otherwise, pass rushers are teeing off and linebackers know to drop back and cover immediately. It's ridiculous!

Yeah but the problem is Chan is loyal to a fault. You better believe he is in the team meetings telling Buddy he can win with Fitz and he likes him. It's partly Chan's fault that Fitz is the QB. If Chan told Buddy that Fitz isn;t good enough, they would have made a move by now. I do think he does a decen job with the offense, but his blind spot with Fitz is killing him!

I don't buy that. QB is the most position on the roster, and NFL teams continually try to improve that position. The vast majority of poor teams in the league have a drafted young QB to add to their roster, and most are starting. Even good teams like NE, GB, and Houston have drafted young QBs to backup their All Pro starters. It doesn't have to be a first rounder, but these franchises realize the need to develop young QBs.

The fact that Nix defies conventional wisdom by ignoring the QB position is the draft, whether Chan wants to replace Fitz or not, is outright malpractice.

Also, take a look at the emphasis that good teams put on linebackers. LB is the most important defensive position and sets the physical tone for the defense. NE has three high draft picks playing LB. Denver has drafted a stud at LB. SF has built their defense around two solid young LBs. Baltimore always drafts LBs early in the draft.

For the most part, Nix has ignored the linebacker position in the early rounds of the draft, despite the fact that the Bills have routinely given up over 400 yard games the last few seasons.

Again, Nix defies NFL convention by ignoring the LB position early in the draft.

You can't build a winner in the NFL without quality players at the QB and LB positions. Nix has done very little to stock these positions on the Bills roster in the draft or FA.

Gailey I think is making good with the offense considering who we have at qb.

I don't get our problems with stache. He seemed to run the exact same play every snap

You must be blind. We rushed 4 guys AND 3 guys. You don't give stache enough credit. He ran 2 plays all day

I think our roster is ****.

Which WR scares you outside of Steve Johnson? Do we have any good young linebackers, clearly not because we played a converted safety and Nick Barnett all game long? Sheppard can't cover anyone. Aaron Williams gets beat deep regularly. Carrington, Troup, and that entire draft class is a bust, Spiller being the lone exception. We didn't draft guys like Gronk, Lee, Bowman, Atkins all of whom would've filled holes at the time.

Team has a ton of problems, and roster is one them. Dareus isn't playing like the number 3 pick in the draft. How many you would take Dareus over Watt? How many would rather have AJ Green and Dalton?

Fitz isn't a QB you can win with and they gave him a big extension, he's grossly overpaid.

Yeah, the roster is part of the problem.

Edited by bouds

Good point.

Thanks. Yeah, You have to have the threat of the run. Otherwise, pass rushers are teeing off and linebackers know to drop back and cover immediately. It's ridiculous!

What move have we really passed up?

Empty backfield was kind of required today. With two backs injured and doing barely anything, we had to put the entire offense on Fitzpatrick's arm.

Hello, I kind of disagree. We have a fullback. We have 2 TE. We have a good north and south back, Choice. Why not at least TRY the power-running scheme we used in KC and to some extent last week?

Lots. Buddy is in his 3rd year and he has made no serious move to acquire a QB. There are too many possible moves to even list.

Unless your counting "giving up the house"

The choices are overdraft the heck out of someone, or take someone they didn't like.

Unless your counting "giving up the house"

The choices are overdraft the heck out of someone, or take someone they didn't like.

Andy Dalton was a 2nd round pick. TJ Yates a fifth rounder. Mallet a 3rd rounder. John Skelton a 5th rounder. Aside from Dalton, none of these guys required an "overdraft." You wouldn't want one of these guys on the roster as a developmental prospect instead of Jackson or Thigpen?

And if Nix didn't like these guys, but he likes Fitz, I have to wonder, what the hell is wrong with Nix?

Look how much better the Redskins are with RGIII. I say we do what we have to for Gino Smith.

First things first - fire Wanny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What we have to do is lose every game from this point out. Probably going first or second overall, can't risk having two teams with need at QB being 1 and 2 on the board.

Andy Dalton was a 2nd round pick. TJ Yates a fifth rounder. Mallet a 3rd rounder. John Skelton a 5th rounder. Aside from Dalton, none of these guys required an "overdraft." You wouldn't want one of these guys on the roster as a developmental prospect instead of Jackson or Thigpen?

And if Nix didn't like these guys, but he likes Fitz, I have to wonder, what the hell is wrong with Nix?

Dalton was picked 1? 2? Picks after ours. He didn't like his arm, which is still a big question.

I didn't have him in the overdraft category (locker, gabbert, ponder who I think they get if he falls into the 20s, tebow, etc...)

Mallet I like but has huge question marks with drug use and leadership

And the other two are late rounders- remind me the odds on those?

Chan and Wanny's game plan today and against the Jests; best summed up as badly lacking, it is clear that this combination is not improving. That is the bottom line right there. They have some talents on the team ,we could see more from most of them but THAT is part of the problem. Sure there are holes but they didn't make sound decsions and it reminded me all too much of DJ's crap.

Look how much better the Redskins are with RGIII. I say we do what we have to for Gino Smith.

First things first - fire Wanny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy's name is "GENO"!

I'm not a big stickler for grammar and spelling, but I think if you want to appear to know something about a player, you should at least know his name. "Geno" isn't hard to get right.

We have decent personnel on defense who frequently appear lost. That's coaching to a good degree. Even the announcers Sunday commented about how confused our DBs appeared at times.

Dalton was picked 1? 2? Picks after ours. He didn't like his arm, which is still a big question.

I didn't have him in the overdraft category (locker, gabbert, ponder who I think they get if he falls into the 20s, tebow, etc...)

Mallet I like but has huge question marks with drug use and leadership

And the other two are late rounders- remind me the odds on those?

The point is that other teams in the league have drafted QBs to develop, without the expectation that the guy will be their next franchise QB.

I understand that Nix doesn't want to overdraft, but wouldn't be worth a 3rd rounder to see if a guy like Mallet could get his head straight? Wouldn't it be something to have a guy on the roster who could throw the ball deep, outside the numbers? Would you have liked to see that guy out there when the Bills were down by 20 in the fourth quarter, just to see if the team could develop a deep passing game?

Teams can draft developmental QBs. The Texans did that in the 5th round with Yates and watched him win a playoff game for them. The Seahawks took Wilson in the 3rd and watched him beat their high-priced FA for the starting job.

Do you think that the Pats felt they were drafting their franchise QB in the 6th round? Of course not, but they were following the accepted NFL practice of drafting developmental QBs in the mid to later rounds of the draft.

Nix doesn't follow this practice. It's as though he believes that if he can't hit a home run with a QB pick in the draft, he's not even going to take a swing. Most other NFL GMs do not follow his approach.

We have decent personnel on defense who frequently appear lost. That's coaching to a good degree. Even the announcers Sunday commented about how confused our DBs appeared at times.

We knew we had a very young secondary coming into this year.