Team Fitz...anyone?

Virgil

At this point in his career, what makes you believe he can be the guy for 4 quarters, against a division rival, or to get us to the playoffs.

I have the Fitz jersey, the original belief, and the desire for him to be good. He shows glimpses, but not a complete story.

He's not the guy to get us to the next level. I think that anyone who believes otherwise is crazy, but I'm listening.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhm, did he not give us the lead, 21-7 in the third quarter?? Why don't you talk about 45 !@#$ing points the pats put up on our great defense in 1.5 quarters.

Did we watch the same game? No running game, and we gave up about 700yds on defense and you're talking about fitz

This.

Thank you. But oh wait, it's Fitzs fault for the defense being on the field. Obvioulsy the offense is never suppose to have a turn over on downs or have drive stall.

Unreal

Uhm, did he not give us the lead, 21-7 in the third quarter?? Why don't you talk about 45 !@#$ing points the pats put up on our great defense in 1.5 quarters.

Did we watch the same game? No running game, and we gave up about 700yds on defense and you're talking about fitz

This game is not on Fitz. Fitz was exactly what you should expect to get out of him, some good throws, and some unbelievably bad throws.

That farce of a game is on the D line, Gailey, Stache and Nix. I include Nix because he is the one ultimately responsible for Fitz being the starting QB.

Yep because giving the ball to the other team counts as charity. Fitz is a giving person

I am handing in my team fitz card. Seen enough. He is what he is. Inconsistent and weak armed . Give me 12 weeks of t jax. Then it's time for buddy to find a qb. Yes the run d was a joke but I have seen enough of fits to understand he has to many shortcomings to consistently win

Yep because giving the ball to the other team counts as charity. Fitz is a giving person

So 21-7 with 10 mins left in the 3rd quarter is a bad game? Please elaborate on how Fitz lost us this game. See I thought the defenses job was to actually stop the opposing teams offense. Not let them drive down the field on an 85, 80 and 85 yard drives. But I suppose that's Fitz and the Offenses fault?

I get that people are saying that Fitz is not responsible for the 45 points and all but are you guys seriously saying that after throwing 4 interceptions he is completely guilt free? The major reason we lost is because the D couldn't make any stops in the 2nd half but a good portion of responsibility lies with the Offense for turning the ball over SIX times and their constant punts. The same thing happened against the Jets, the Bills D was completely run down and the Offense didn't give them any time to rest. When the offense started making drives the defense started making stops.

So 21-7 with 10 mins left in the 3rd quarter is a bad game? Please elaborate on how Fitz lost us this game. See I thought the defenses job was to actually stop the opposing teams offense. Not let them drive down the field on an 85, 80 and 85 yard drives. But I suppose that's Fitz and the Offenses fault?

You forgot the 90-yard opening drive, but maybe you were only talking about the drives after the 20-7 lead.

Wayne, once AGAIN, no one is defending the defense. The defense sucking and Fitz sucking are NOT mutually exclusive. They both stunk.

Fitz consistently over or under throws. One key was on a 3rd and 17. He had Stevie WIDE open and had enough time in the pocket to make a sandwich, and of course missed him badly.

Then late in the game (game likely out of hand) he had Stevie even MORE open and threw it so high SJ had to go out of bounds to catch it.

The defense was putrid today. Don't insult your fellow fans by making it seem like we don't get that. But Fitz is NOT a NFL caliber QB.

Does the D need help? Of course!!! They let up 52 points. But that doesn't mean we don't need a different QB as well.

Edited by stevestojan

If anyone feels Fitz will improve over the course of more games, better receivers, or a "name" quarterback coach, they're kidding themselves. His limitations, such as a weak arm, are things you don't fix. Cincinnati knew he was no more than a back-up and went out and got themselves a starter. Until the Bills go the same route, inconsistency on offense is all you'll see. And inconsistency at the QB position takes you nowhere.

Its funny how when freddy fumbled when we were down 28-21, that goes ignored...again, the pats had 2 100 yd rushers and 2 100 yd receivers and we're complaining about fitz not throwing for 6 tds.

If the defense wouldve played like they did first half we wouldve won that's clear as day. We have the lead 21-7 and we can't run the ball and fitz has to keep throwing.

This loss is so clearly on the defense that it pains me to have to even point it out.

4 ints. It means our defense was out there for more times than they needed to. But fatigue is only a setting in Madden, right?

Wayne, once AGAIN, no one is defending the defense. The defense sucking and Fitz sucking are NOT mutually exclusive. They both stunk.

Fitz consistently over or under throws. One key was on a 3rd and 17. He had Stevie WIDE open and had enough time in the pocket to make a sandwich, and of course missed him badly.

Then late in the game (game likely out of hand) he had Stevie even MORE open and threw it so high SJ had to go out of bounds to catch it.

The defense was putrid today. Don't insult your fellow fans by making it seem like we don't get that. But Fitz is NOT a NFL caliber QB.

Does the D need help? Of course!!! They let up 52 points. But that doesn't mean we don't need a different QB as well.

Right on - we need to fix the Defense, but more importantly, we need an NFL caliber QB. Fitz is too erratic. Fitz also more or less makes it necessary for Gailey to form gameplans around his weaknesses. That, in and of itself, should say enough. We need a QB who can make all the throws. Not one who can only make half of them.