Bruschi picks the Bills?!?!?!?!?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see this as more of a "Fan Tantrum" type thing from TB.

Its similar to what went on here after the jets game, Bills lose badly and everyones going off on how horrible they are and how they are going to get beat against everyone. Its happening now in NE, They are struggling at 1-2 and now everyones saying how horrible they are and are gonna get beat by the Bills, If they win, they will all be talking about how the pats are back and going to now take the division

Precisely. Classic reverse jinx.

Well played, Bruschi.

Yes, it is clearly a classic reverse jinx.

Good catch JR, when one lookes close enough one can see the clear Parcel-lian pattern of talking up the Bills as Parcel's did before a certain Superbowl. Belecheat comes from the school of Parcel, and Bruschi has always kneeled at the feet of Belecheat.

I will not be fooled and will start Brady in my fantasy league to cancel the reverse jinx - hah! :rolleyes:

do we like Bruschi now?

Always liked Bruschi. Even though he had enemy colors on, what a fantastic player, and one of the many Parcells draft picks that helped with the early 2000's super bowl run.

I have shared my thoughts on the game on another post. But I will share again. If our D Line and O Line (not worried about our O Line really) play to the same level as they did vs Cleveland, I really, really like our chances. Cleveland's O Line is better than the Pat's O Line. Our D Line dismantled the Cleveland O Line. I don't feel the Pat's O Line has nearly enough to contain our front 4.

I see this game shaping up as Mario's coming out party. I think Belichick will paly his bet and try to deal with Kyle Williams and Marcel Dareus first. that should lean to one on one blocking vs Mario and Mark Anderson. I like our DE's vs their tackles in this match up, which should in theory lead to blocking help from Gronk, takign Gronk out of the passing game.

As said, i like out chances this weekend. Upset special of the week!

Thank you. That OL is a liability right now, and nobody wants to admit it. The Bills, for the first time in a VERY long time, should dominate both lines of scrimmage. The question is whether Belichick's defensive schemes take advantage of Fitz's inconsistency. I really think Buffalo can hold the Pats* offense to <24 pts.

I agree. This nonsense about the Pats run D being 7th in the NFL shows how stats can lie, especially early in the year. They played two of the worst running teams in the NFL in Tennessee and Arizona, then got handled by Baltimore, allowing Ray Rice 101 yards on 20 carries. This same Baltimore running game got stuffed by a Cleveland defense we just manhandled, holding Ray Rice to 49 yard on 18 carries while our 3rd string RB gashed them for 91 yards on 20 carries. Make no mistake, our OLine is going to maul that Patriot DLine...

I do not know where to put it other then this thread. Maybe someone can decide if it is worth its own thread...

When I watch Bills football I am hardly critical. I would usually rather just cheer (sometimes its hard to do!). When I watch other teams I usually study them.

Watching the Patriots I know exactly what I would do against their offense. I would not rush all 4 DL. I really thought we had something special dropping Anderson back and as long as he is playing the weak side it is fine. If we stack an LB over the DE who is going to chip Gronk then the LB can clean up the rest, and come in for pressure. Bryan Scott on the field to take care of Gronk and seam routes will force Gronk to get in to space outside which will disrupt the timing for Brady to get him the ball. With Anderson dropping in to the flat and still rushing 4 we have an athletic DE able to clear space, stop any screens, and keep an eye on the backfield effectively becoming a rover LB.

On short yardage plays I would use the DL to wall the line and stop any run, the MLB holds his position reads on the RB's and anyone in motion. Scott, who will likely be seeing a lot of playing time, keys in on Brady. Force the Patriots to go long on short yardage plays and do not get beat deep.

Average downs are passing downs in their offense. Make them throw long, slow them down at the line jamming them giving precious time to our DL to get deep, get their hands up, and block the lanes Brady needs. We do not need to hit him every play but we need to block his lanes. His frustration can get out of hand, and him checking down more and more frequently is proof that there are problems on that offense.

I think the production team at ESPN made him do it. Despite his kicking and screaming, he did just so he can tout some sort of objectivity. Although he did not look too objective last year when he was rooting them on from Robert Kraft's box during a playoff game.