Bruschi picks the Bills?!?!?!?!?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/page/bruschibreakdown-0927/buffalo-bills-ready-new-england-patriots

Tedy: I don't know which Patriots team will show up. They haven't been in a situation like this in a long time. The Bills have been preparing for this very game for the last two years. They drafted Marcell Dareus to be their Vince Wilfork. They backed up the Brinks truck for Mario Williams for this game. To get after Tom Brady. Then they signed Mark Anderson to do the same thing. "Based on what?!" That's what Coach Belichick used to say when players felt it was only a matter of time before we started playing winning football again. Well, based on what I've seen from the Patriots the past two weeks, they have a long way to go. Going into Orchard Park to play a solid Bills team might be too much for them. Bills 31, Pats 28.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main reason I want to see us slap the pats is so Rodney bleepin Harrison has to utter those words on Sunday night football. This will make my year.

This.

What goes around comes around Rodney.

To be honest though, out of all of the predictions I've seen I'd say that 90% of them pick the Patriots to crush us. So Bruschi throwing us a bone means nothing to me since most of the national media thinks we're just a road bump in this game.

Edited by BillsGuyInBallstonSpa

do we like Bruschi now?

I always liked him - just couldn't stand the media and E$PN's overreaction to his return after the stroke. Hard-nosed & blue collar type of player, but not quite HoF material.

It may be more of him trying to motivate his ex-teammates this week than a reverse psychology thing.

I always liked him - just couldn't stand the media and E$PN's overreaction to his return after the stroke. Hard-nosed & blue collar type of player, but not quite HoF material.

It may be more of him trying to motivate his ex-teammates this week than a reverse psychology thing.

Or trying to prove he's not a homer.

Edited by hondo in seattle

I'll give Tedy credit. He's the first media guy to recognize how bad the Pats O-line had become.

PTR

Thank you. That OL is a liability right now, and nobody wants to admit it. The Bills, for the first time in a VERY long time, should dominate both lines of scrimmage. The question is whether Belichick's defensive schemes take advantage of Fitz's inconsistency. I really think Buffalo can hold the Pats* offense to <24 pts.

Edited by eball

I like his analysis on Fitz.

Will it be the good Fitz or the bad Fitz? He threw three interceptions to the New York Jets, but in the last two weeks, he hasn't thrown one. That's who he is. I see him as a quarterback who stares down his receivers and has an elongated delivery. He gives everything he has into throwing the ball. As defenders you can get a good read on that, and get good breaks on the ball, so this is a guy you'll have the opportunity to get interceptions on. But it's going to be harder to sack him. Through three games, he's only been sacked one time, and only been hit eight times. The offensive line has played well and Fitz's decisiveness has helped. He gets the ball, makes a decision, and throws the ball whether the window is small or not. He trusts his arm. So that's the Fitz you get -- he'll read a defense and get rid of the ball, and he's going to take chances.

Thank you. That OL is a liability right now, and nobody wants to admit it. The Bills, for the first time in a VERY long time, should dominate both lines of scrimmage. The question is whether Belichick's defensive schemes take advantage of Fitz's inconsistency. I really think Buffalo can hold the Pats* offense to <24 pts.

I can't remember if it was Sal S. or Joe B who said this, but the way to beat NE with the passing game is short passes (quick slants, etc.). The Pats have allowed something like 87% of those passes to be completed in their first 3 games.

This tells me their LBs aren't good in pass coverage and their DBs are playing off the ball. If Fitz sees that, I can imagine we'd see a bunch of short routes that could turn into long gainers.

Well, I hope so...