From Philly: Demetress Bell

John Gianelli

The Philly press are very critical of Demetress Bell, who started for the Eagles yesterday. They say he was the main reason Vick was getting so much pressure. They also see Jason Peters as the best LT in pro football.

I'll take Cordy Glenn any day of the week...nice job on that one Buddy Nix. :thumbsup:

The Philly press are very critical of Demetress Bell, who started for the Eagles yesterday. They say he was the main reason Vick was getting so much pressure. They also see Jason Peters as formerly the best LT in pro football.

We'll see where he is after tearing his Achilles twice. Especially since he'll turn 31 in January.

1) What's with the Bell hating? He's a raw, young LT who did okay when he was here, but now is gone. I wish him the best.

2) But I don't think it's fair to compare him to Cordy Glenn. After 3 games, it's clear that Bell will never even come even close to being as good as Glenn. I mean, I hate even mentioning Glenn in this thread. Maybe compare Bell to Hairston (even then, edge goes to Hairston).

1) What's with the Bell hating? He's a raw, young LT who did okay when he was here, but now is gone. I wish him the best.

2) But I don't think it's fair to compare him to Cordy Glenn. After 3 games, it's clear that Bell will never even come even close to being as good as Glenn. I mean, I hate even mentioning Glenn in this thread. Maybe compare Bell to Hairston (even then, edge goes to Hairston).

Not fair to our man Hairston. take it back. :thumbdown:

The Philly press are very critical of Demetress Bell, who started for the Eagles yesterday. They say he was the main reason Vick was getting so much pressure. They also see Jason Peters as the best LT in pro football.

Jason Peters the best LT? Ok, sure, they can keep thinking that of it makes Philly feel better. I'm sure Glenn won't even notice, and just keep plowing the road.

Of course they see Peters as the best. If they paid $11m/yr for the 10th best they would look silly. I thought Peters was injured? A cheeseburger clot, wasn't it?

PTR

Of course they see Peters as the best. Everyone does. He absolutely was the best last year. That's why he was named All-Pro. Not that difficult to understand.

Demetress? Not so much. Cordy is clearly already better than Bell. It's questionable whether Bell has ever been or will ever be starting quality.

Oh, and it's hilarious the way people exaggerate how much Peters is actually paid. I guess it makes people feel better that he's not on our team, maybe. Still wrong, though. $10.05 million per year.

Edited by Thurman#1

Peters was the best LT in football and the Bills didn't want to pay him. They argued they paid him more money than he would have made if he had been a high draft pick and stuck with the original rookie deal. He was able to renegotiate earlyh because he was an UDFA. He and his agent felt their was a market for him that ouwl pay top dollar. They were right.

Let's just move on. The got Wood out of the deal and he is the anchor of the line. Now just don't repeat past mistakes. They have the best line in football and the right side is on the cheap. Pay Wood and Levitre now. Deal with Hairston and Glenn in a couple years.

I think it because he chased the money and when he got the philly, he made some comments that people took as insulting the Bills where he talked up the philly line (which seems to prove he may not be a good judge of line talent)

Peters was the best LT in football and the Bills didn't want to pay him. They argued they paid him more money than he would have made if he had been a high draft pick and stuck with the original rookie deal. He was able to renegotiate earlyh because he was an UDFA. He and his agent felt their was a market for him that ouwl pay top dollar. They were right.

Let's just move on. The got Wood out of the deal and he is the anchor of the line. Now just don't repeat past mistakes. They have the best line in football and the right side is on the cheap. Pay Wood and Levitre now. Deal with Hairston and Glenn in a couple years.

Honestly, this sums it all up for everyone. There is nothing more to say about it.