There's a rift in Carolina

Brand J

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and thats why you aren't nor ever will be a GM

Thanks, Captain Obvious. I'll make sure to go to GM school before suggesting such trade proposals.

Tell me this: if a deal like that was available (which it would never be of course), you're telling me you'd pass it up? I'd call you stupid GM.

Edited by JayBaller10

Rift, shmift. Newton is a star. He deserved an earful, he got an earful, sounds like he'll accept it and learn from it and they'll both move on.

Well I think Jay was being a little sarcastic...Anyway...Steve Smith is the vocal leader of that team and has been for a while now...He'll say just about anything...Sometimes he says WAY too much...But he's got Cam's best interest in mind and I'm sure Cam knows it... B-)

Well I think Jay was being a little sarcastic...Anyway...Steve Smith is the vocal leader of that team and has been for a while now...He'll say just about anything...Sometimes he says WAY too much...But he's got Cam's best interest in mind and I'm sure Cam knows it... B-)

Sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet, KO :lol: Steve Smith is entitled to say whatever he wants, when it comes to trying to get Cam to display more leadership attributes.

They have a good one calling plays over there, so when there's whining, to me it equates to Yankee fans whining about the potential devastation of not winning their 28th championship. Let's trade them QBs and then we'll see what type of whining transpires.

Edited by JayBaller10

Thanks, Captain Obvious. I'll make sure to go to GM school before suggesting such trade proposals.

Tell me this: if a deal like that was available (which it would never be of course), you're telling me you'd pass it up? I'd call you stupid GM.

Three high draft picks plus Fitz???? You need to check yourself.

I've watched most all of the Panthers games. I cannot believe how poorly Newton is playing. Staring down WR's down and getting cheap picks. He looks so uncomfortable in the pocket it is scary - reminds me of Byron Leftwich or Todd Collins. He does not seem to find a spot in the pocket he likes and focuses on keeping himself safe vs. getting the ball out and down the field.

He has a lot to work on right now.

Carolina would probably prefer 2013 draft picks to 2012 draft picks.

Seriously though, I love Steve Smith and good for him exhorting Cam to be better. Love or hate Smith, there's no one in football who cares more or who is more competitive. And he's got a lot of experience (good and bad) and perspective from all his years in the league.

And he's right. Cam shouldn't sulk. There were character concerns swirling around Cam before the draft and they weren't washed away by one successful season.

I don't get people claiming superstar status for Newton. He's shown a lot of promise, but it's a little early to crown his ass.

I agree with you. I don't think Cam is all that! I don't think he will every be a star. Don't like the style of running QBs. Their ceilings are only so high. Happened with VY, Randall Cunningham, Vick, etc. That type of QB is only good to a certain point, then they don't have the ability to take it to the next level and win consistently and most importantly win in the playoffs. Until a running QB ever wins in the playoffs or wins a super bowl, I'm not going to change my mind.

Maybe people are to quick to anoint stars in the league. One game and BOOM, they are making a bust of you for Canton. On the other side, how many folks here wanted CJ Spiller cut for being a "bust?" Maybe it's me but I have been noticing a lot more knee-jerk proclamation by the media of late. Bills get blown out by the Jets and our season is over, but we blow out KC and playoff talk is back. RGIII has a great opening day and he's a hall of famer. Who thought Vince Young would be broke and out of football after watching his first season?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'll offer Fitzpatrick, a 2012 1st, a 2012 3rd, and a 2013 2nd to take this "problem" off of their hands B-)

http://sports.yahoo....25405--nfl.html

Dude was playing in his 18th NFL game. He had a poor outing. Big deal, really. The first test will be how he bounces back from this debacle against a talented D. The next tests will be how he handles himself and his game if his stats and performance don't live up to the hype following a very good freshman outing.

Lets hope he doesn't go all Vince Young on his coach and team as he is a bright star in the NFL today and will make the league fun. Lets give him this season before declaring him a bust or a head case, shall we ?

Carolina would probably prefer 2013 draft picks to 2012 draft picks.

Seriously though, I love Steve Smith and good for him exhorting Cam to be better. Love or hate Smith, there's no one in football who cares more or who is more competitive. And he's got a lot of experience (good and bad) and perspective from all his years in the league.

And he's right. Cam shouldn't sulk. There were character concerns swirling around Cam before the draft and they weren't washed away by one successful season.

+1

Smith is a really solid vet. The Panthers should be thankful they have a guy like him to try to give Newton some guidance.

I remember how ticked off I used to get at Losman's negative body language in his first few seasons. It's disheartening to see your QB sulking.